forum

Question for experienced o!m players

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chyo-Kun
Hello everyone,

I'm a new O!M player, I really like mania and I try to practice all modes, from 4 to 8 keys, but there's a thing that bugs me since the beginning.
Accuracy in this mode is essential to achieve top scores, but I can't seem to get a great score (More than 50% raimbow 300)
It feels like to get one I'm supposed to be so precise that it gets insane, I can fc the map but my accuracy is still bad..
Is it supposed to be this hard for me? Is it because I'm just getting started, or should I mess with the global offset?
I'm a quite experienced standard player, and I'm always very accurate while playng, I used to practice OD 10, but mania seems to be always OD12 compared to osu standard.. lol

thanks in advance for the possible answers
Valedict
Hi,

Your trouble with accuracy is in fact because you're just getting started. Offset is included in that but your problem lies more with just getting used to how mania plays in general. Rainbow 300s are harder to get than just normal 300s and while rainbow 300s are definitely what you want to aim for, you should work more on just having good accuracy in general.

This mode is all about accuracy, so worry about that more than getting a high score. Everyone, and I mean everyone has trouble with this mode when they first start (except the people who come from other games but they're not really counted as much in this situation).
Aqo
play gambol mode in lr2
come back to osu

"wow accuracy is so easy. it's like impossible to not get 300g. wtf."
Bobbias
If you're playing autoconverts instead of mania specific maps, the timing on those is harsher.
Kamikaze
Also double check offset and hitposition of your skin, those two factors may have huge impact on your 300g rate
ikzune
idk some players struggle to develop acc, i played autoconverts for at least 6 months to start with so thats where mine comes from, there are also speed players who struggle to get good acc on songs, but starting early you can try to improve ur acc to a decent standard however you will mostly still be busy learning finger independence
Topic Starter
Chyo-Kun

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Also double check offset and hitposition of your skin, those two factors may have huge impact on your 300g rate

Witch "hitposition of your skin", what do you mean? Like the point where the beats hit the buttons on the screen?
Kamikaze
Yeah
GPDX

Aqo wrote:

play gambol mode in lr2
come back to osu

"wow accuracy is so easy. it's like impossible to not get 300g. wtf."
because lr2 requires sooo much accuracy /s

but its kinda true im new to mania but i dont really have issues with getting 300 max too much. lr2 may not be as strict as iidx but its still really strict in terms of rhythm games. iidx is over the top.
Aqo
you never played very hard judge on lr2 have you
Kamikaze
Damn, I don't even know how to set very hard judge, only played with it on courses
Bobbias

laishiou wrote:

idk some players struggle to develop acc, i played autoconverts for at least 6 months to start with so thats where mine comes from, there are also speed players who struggle to get good acc on songs, but starting early you can try to improve ur acc to a decent standard however you will mostly still be busy learning finger independence
I've always had trouble with accuracy actually. It's not until I started playing mania that I really developed the ability to regularly get scores in the 98-99% range regularly, and I still only manage that on things I find so easy that they're almost too boring to play.
Aqo

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Damn, I don't even know how to set very hard judge, only played with it on courses
in song select menu, hold F2, you will get hidden options menu, go to option 12 (called gambol as a joke on an old iidx chart bug) and set it to level 1

once you do this everything you play will have very hard judge

have an enjyo
lemonguy
For me, increasing the track speed (function f3) really helped for me to improve accuracy (and to just read complicated charts in general). Other than that, just playing a bunch worked for me, my accuracy just got better the more I played (which is kinda obvious I guess).
Kamikaze
for unknown to humanity reason gambol mode on srph skin causes notes to disappear totally
rip my enjyo
Edit: nvm, switched separated lanes off and it works