forum

[resolved] I can't upload a new map successfully

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zero__wind

RESOLVED: Update to latest cutting-edge version and upload, it will work.

Problem Details: When I upload a new map, it always stucks at the last step (distributing to global network) and never move on. I could only click cancel to stop it. But in fact, the map was actually uploaded. It got a BeatmapSetID and an information page, like https://osu.ppy.sh/s/226242 , it's also download-able and the .osz got the correct content. BUT, the map doesn't have a thread, and this is the problem.
Note that I can update other maps (alraedy uploaded) of mine so I think my network should be alright.
I also tried to upload another new map, and it's unsuccessfully uploaded either https://osu.ppy.sh/s/226292 . So I think it shouldn't be the particular map's problem.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
osu! version: 20141015.1 (latest)
I consulted Scorpiour and Marcin and they told me to post here.
Hope somebody could help me x.x
Tnank you.
Bara-
What's the mp3's length/size?
Maps over 5 minutes have problems more often
Also, Call a QAT, they can delete it, and a new submit should fix it, like you did for me with my YANDELOID CONCEPTION map
Topic Starter
Zero__wind

baraatje123 wrote:

Also, Call a QAT, they can delete it, and a new submit should fix it, like you did for me with my YANDELOID CONCEPTION map
song length 4:33 folder size only 6.27M
I found Frostmourne and KSHR to help me and I tried to upload again after the broken map was deleted, but nothing changed, it still stucked at the last step and the map got no thread
Bara-
The 1st time, you should wait around 10 minutes maximum
Also, delete submissioncache in data folder
Topic Starter
Zero__wind

baraatje123 wrote:

The 1st time, you should wait around 10 minutes maximum
Also, delete submissioncache in data folder
I've waited for hours these days, stucking at the last step, I've alreayd been really patient.
and for the submissioncache, what's that for?
Do I need to delete the whole folder? for what?

also I restarted my pc and still...can't upload successfully x.x
Bara-
I don't know exactly, but whenever people have problems with uploading, they should go to the data folder, and delete the WHOLE submissioncache folder
If you want, you can also move it to somewhere else, if you don't want it to get deleted, as it features all your maps uploaded, even deleted ones
Topic Starter
Zero__wind

baraatje123 wrote:

I don't know exactly, but whenever people have problems with uploading, they should go to the data folder, and delete the WHOLE submissioncache folder
If you want, you can also move it to somewhere else, if you don't want it to get deleted, as it features all your maps uploaded, even deleted ones
ok I'll remember this, but I suppose it's not the main problem here...
KinkiN
If even Marcin told you to post here, probably there isn't many of us who can help you lol

Have you checked other threads? there are some threads whom i see having the same core problem? cmiiw
Topic Starter
Zero__wind

Yuzuru wrote:

If even Marcin told you to post here, probably there isn't many of us who can help you lol

Have you checked other threads? there are some threads whom i see having the same core problem? cmiiw
hmm not yet, I'll read them briefly and see
thanks for reminding me so
Pawsu
Topic Starter
Zero__wind

CanadianPaws wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/253262/
oh tank you CanadianPaws
I'm glad that I'm not the only one (oh no I shouldn't be glad about that x.x)
walaowey

Zero__wind wrote:

CanadianPaws wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/253262/
oh tank you CanadianPaws
I'm glad that I'm not the only one (oh no I shouldn't be glad about that x.x)
lol..I'm glad that I'm not the only one too >w<..

Btw,how can I contact any QAT or BAT?
I need them to delete the beatmap and try to upload again xD
Topic Starter
Zero__wind

walaowey wrote:

lol..I'm glad that I'm not the only one too >w<..

Btw,how can I contact any QAT or BAT?
I need them to delete the beatmap and try to upload again xD
just find any QAT or GMT in game I think
BAT can't do that for you anymore
walaowey
ok thanks,I will try to reupload my map after they delete the old one.
I will reply here if I succeed uploading the new one
Meyrink
Actually Also have This problem ! i can't Update my Map !
The Map in The list here https://osu.ppy.sh/s/225675 ! Is updated
But the forum : t/252805 Not modified !
TheVileOne
There is nothing that we can suggest that will resolve this. It is a network related issue.
walaowey
Today I try to update my map using a different network.It works lol.
Tician
I got the same problem, but for days now, I already got a Thread for my beatmap, but I can't update the Beatmap-Decription like the diff-names i changed. I am stucking at the "sumitting to network" shit for hours, I have to cancel all time =(

The beatmap itself is updating, just not the description
peppy
Can't replicate this.
dionzz99

peppy wrote:

Can't replicate this.
ofc... because osu loves you... lelelel
Tician
And no ideas what we can try?
dionzz99
maybe upload speed does affect??? or while uploading the data to banchobot it has problems that could be from the banchobot or the sender

(geez i edited it too much like 6 times already XD )
Topic Starter
Zero__wind
just woke up and suddenly so many people here

peppy wrote:

Can't replicate this.
oh my god.
does this mean that if I didn't succeed uploading a new mapset at the first time (the thread wasn't generated)
and the thread will never be created even if I try updating a thousand times later?
Tician
After updating another song it worked for me
Bara-
It doesn'y work for me now, as of yesterday
Good thing first time uploading was in 2013, so a thread got made xD

Edit:

Tician wrote:

After updating another song it worked for me
Okay, now it works for me
dionzz99

baraatje123 wrote:

how about if i upload a mapset with 26 songs + 26 diffs = 108 MB??
it's stuck at creating package already and when i cancel the upload, some of the note pattern is missing.
Topic Starter
Zero__wind

dionzz99 wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

how about if i upload a mapset with 26 songs + 26 diffs = 108 MB??
it's stuck at creating package already and when i cancel the upload, some of the note pattern is missing.
hey man you're just forcing too much and that's never achievable
I was having a more basic problem here
Weez
So anyone solve this issue yet??
Dazardz
This was happening to me a couple of hours ago.

Re-install Osu and update it to it's most recent version. Try to upload it again, it worked for me now, even though I was having the same problem as you before.
Topic Starter
Zero__wind
uninstall...
that's too tough
shouldn't have been like this x.x
*sigh
ColdTooth
I'm not really having this issue, it's probably just a network issue with whatever connection you're running with.

Double check your internet speed, and wait around 15 to 30 minutes per submission. I will say I have seen this about once every 10 days, and it's significantly getting worse by the days.

Even my internet seems stable and quick, soo
peppy
DO NOT REINSTALL OSU.

FUCK OFF DAZARDZ with your shitty posts.
Akasha-
same to me: try to return the old title, diffname, artist and recopy and paste the beatmapid (after upload and have this problem) in to the new code!
After that, return to the edit menu and see the text "Update to lastest version" appears or not (if it's Not Submitted, make sure about the beatmap id, it's still -1 or it's your current id now?) and return to that map and upload it, after that, try to change diff name or title and artist like the way you want! and when you can't do like that and still can't update it and you have already upload the same map with the same mp3, call QAT to delete the unnesssary map!
I was think this is a bug too!
dionzz99

peppy wrote:

DO NOT REINSTALL OSU.

FUCK OFF DAZARDZ with your shitty posts.
geez calm down.

it still not work... for me
it's "latest pending version" but the forum did not exist... because i cancel it while the status is "Distributing to global network" and it's already 1 hour long
plus my upload speed does not that slow.
show more