forum

Caramell - Caramelldansen (Speedycake Remix)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, May 03, 2008 at 3:57:08 PM

Artist: Caramell
Title: Caramelldansen (Speedycake Remix)
BPM: 164.22
Filesize: 9150kb
Play Time: 02:51
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.87 stars, 203 notes)
  2. Normal (3.83 stars, 245 notes)
  3. Hard (4.5 stars, 313 notes)
  4. Insane (4.78 stars, 413 notes)
  5. James (4.79 stars, 330 notes)
Download: Caramell - Caramelldansen (Speedycake Remix)
Download: Caramell - Caramelldansen (Speedycake Remix) (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Yeah, I know there is already a Caramelldansen in the ranked bit... but this one is the speedy mix. :P
Since I needed a break from Houkiboshi (and that there is only minor changes here and there suggested by the mods so far...), I went on and did this one!

Of course, it is incomplete, I wanted to make sure my timing and beats are on the right spots before I do the beat spacing, sliders, sounds, and combos for this.

I probably would make an easier version on top of that too.

Anyway, thanks in advance to those that take a look in it (great, now I have three maps working in progress XD).

EDIT: Easy mode is finished. Feel free to test and criticize. :P

EDIT: Fixed overlapping sliders/spinners since these are now prohibited from rank. :P

EDIT: Created normal, and this probably will be the last difficulty (depending on whether if I can come up with something creative for hard... XD)
James
Paps, try 164.23 and 2000?
GuardianHX
I was actually making the same thing awhile back for the heck of it, though never finished it. Good to see somebody else is making the same beatmap so I don't have to.

BPM:
Offset:

That's the settings I used. The offset is funny cause I wanted to start the song closer to the lyrics, and kept confusing myself with finding the first beat.

Go ahead and look at my beatmap as a reference.
Bare in mind that I gave up on it due to lack of thinking of a good layout for the beats, so halfway through, everything's all in one spot as I usually lay all my beats down before I arrange them in any patterns. The first part of the beatmap is just trying to get them spaced correctly so I could get an idea of how to get everything to fit. >_>

When I was working on it, I was going with a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann theme using a video with Kamina and Simon in various outfits.

Download: Caramell - Caramelldansen Speedycake Remix (GuardianHX) [Insane].osu
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
Thanks for the suggestions, I have tried both BPM and offsets and found James's BPM and your offset seem to offer the most accurate one. So, I'll be taking BPM164.23 with the offset of 28,220. :D

Thanks for also sharing your previous work, I'll take a look into it, it'll definitely help with the making of this map. :)
James
GuardianHX

MaxwellDemon wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions, I have tried both BPM and offsets and found James's BPM and your offset seem to offer the most accurate one. So, I'll be taking BPM164.23 with the offset of 28,220. :D

Thanks for also sharing your previous work, I'll take a look into it, it'll definitely help with the making of this map. :)
I hope to see the final product!

As a side note: Are you going to grab some caramelldansen videos to go along with the various modes? Perhaps some looping images of various anime characters dancing or something, as that would add alot to the feel of it. ^_^
James
MusicFan
And I JUST got the FREAKING SONG outta MY HEAD, THEN I go and read THIS thread.

Whoopee.

Well, at least there's a good beatmap to accompany it. :P
James
I've edited my .osu file btw, although I didn't upload it yet.
Its the same as the old one I just fixed something somewhere just to make it a little bit harder.

Maxwell!! Where's the easy and normal and hard one?!? :P

Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
Ahhhhh!
I'll make it as soon as I get back home tonight. XD
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
mods will need to nitpick on this
I think I'm the only one who would check this :(

Anyways, first things first, I suggest to move 00:16:49 ~ 00:38:51 by 1/4 beat forward.
I noticed this beause when I played the song, I keep getting 100s and 50s.
I checked on the bpm/offset its the same as mine.
So I think the notes placed on the timeline are off, and it is. :P

Well mostly all the flaws upon checking Insane comes from the notes that are placed on the blue timeline. And I think if they are moved 1/4 beat forward (red OR white timeline) it would sound better.

Try to go through the song and check those notes that are placed on the blue timeline and I'll check it again.

EDIT: Here is the "alittlebitharder" version of mine. If you're not planning to make hard you could make mine the hard version, and rename [James] to hard. Since I think having my own difficulty is too good for me. XD

Download: Caramell - Caramelldansen (Speedycake Remix) (MaxwellDemon) [James].osu
James
183 bpm is too fast, it doesn't even fit to the metronome tick.
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
Haha, sorry for the brief hiatus. Anyway, fixed the beats on the 1/4 timeline... and I think it is cool to have your own difficulty. :D

Your beatmap is neat enough for it anyway. XD
GuardianHX
Played the newest update of this beatmap a couple days ago. ^_^
It's pretty good so far, but it doesn't feel right without caramelldansen videos. ;-;

I've been keeping my eye on this topic, but it hasn't moved for a little while, so I thought I'd post here.
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
Eh? I uploaded a CaramellDansen Remix video with it though? :?

EDIT: Ah, right, I forgot I have to do Full Submission. XD

I'll reupload it in a bit. :)
RemmyX25
First off:

James, my fingers bleed now. Thank you very much.

MaxwellDemon: Great beatmap! You got my comments via IRC, but may I also suggest a Hard mode? There seems too much of a gap between Normal and Insane (which is to be expected, but... you know. You saw me play.)
mtmcl
[Hard] plz.
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
You shall recieve then! *made hard*
RemmyX25

MaxwellDemon wrote:

You shall recieve then! *made hard*

Sweet! I will try my best to test it out tonight
show more