show more
Remco32
Can you fill the eyes up?
Kitsunemimi

Remco32 wrote:

Can you fill the eyes up?
I don't think we should do that yet...
Daru
I think the nose looks a bit too "pinched"; try making it a bit wider.

nitpicknitpicknitpick
Topic Starter
Loginer
I've done some changes to the hair and textured the face. Pics:

Daru wrote:

I think the nose looks a bit too "pinched"; try making it a bit wider.

nitpicknitpicknitpick
The nose isn't actually pinched, it just looks like it because the shading is gay.

I'll figure it out eventually.
Nachy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Remco32
The second picture with a darker shadow would look nice?
awp
if you're trying to figure something out I'd recommend adding the base of the nose and nostrils

It's really starting to come along, but at this point my concern is her age. She looks much older than 15 based on that mugshot. I think the easiest way to address that is to puff/round her cheeks out a bit, though I'm not an expert in this field by any means
Torran
Not sure if this helps but here are the Ouendan series female headshots:

It seems that older Sayaka has a pointier chin and a larger face in general than her younger counterpart...
Topic Starter
Loginer
How's this?
Remco32
Better, much better.
Only thing I can think of that could be inproved is the nose, which I find kind of weird for some reason..
Larto
The lips are ugly imho. Might be because of the shading, might be because there's no texture for them yet. Or might be that you just fail j/k I love you.
Mashley
Pippi looks like she's going to eat me >.<
Topic Starter
Loginer

Remco32 wrote:

Better, much better.
Only thing I can think of that could be inproved is the nose, which I find kind of weird for some reason..
Still working on it. :/

Larto wrote:

The lips are ugly imho. Might be because of the shading, might be because there's no texture for them yet. Or might be that you just fail j/k I love you.
I think it's because they're too wide.

Derekku
Lips are better now; The nose is so tiny o.o;
Remco32
So awesome~
awp
Yup. Better. Lips look better, overall age of the face has dropped to an acceptable range. After the nose, the head in general might be done-done.
Topic Starter
Loginer
I'll see what I can do. Meanwhile, here's a render of the new boot.

Daru
Woah, the lips made a huge difference.
I still think the nose looks off (it doesn't flare out at all), but it looks awesome, even as is.
Echo
Is the head too wide?
Topic Starter
Loginer
No one's been too specific about what's wrong with the nose, so I've simply rounded it out a bit and made it slightly less pinched. I've also added teeth.

Echo wrote:

Is the head too wide?
I don't think so, but judge for yourself.

Loofah_old
Could you do a sideview shot? it'll give a better view of the nose.
Topic Starter
Loginer

Remco32
Head is as good as perfect IMO
Also:
Last edited by BanchoBot on Yesterday, 13:42, edited 715 times in total.
LuigiHann
let's see it in cel shading one more time
Topic Starter
Loginer
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
it's perfect. Don't touch it again
adam2046
Wonderful!
Torran
I think Pippi's ready for some animations now! :)
NCDyson
sweet! i hope we see her ingame soon™

on a side note, anyone know if it's planned for the format to be open enough for people to make their own dancers?
Torran

NCDyson wrote:

on a side note, anyone know if it's planned for the format to be open enough for people to make their own dancers?
Which is why I had suggested using a universal bone structure for most custom models to follow, something like this:
Bone_Hip
Bone_L_Thigh (Femur)
Bone_L_Leg (Shin)
Bone_L_Foot
Bone_R_Thigh (Femur)
Bone_R_Leg (Shin)
Bone_R_Foot
Bone_Spine_1 (Backbone)
Bone_Spine_2 (Backbone)
Bone_Head
Bone_Hair
Bone_L_Collarbone
Bone_L_Arm_a
Bone_L_Arm_b
Bone_L_Hand
Bone_L_Finger
Pompon_L
Bone_R_Collarbone
Bone_R_Arm_a
Bone_R_Arm_b
Bone_R_Hand
Bone_R_Finger
Pompon_R
Face
Nachy
Brilliant work.
Topic Starter
Loginer

NCDyson wrote:

We'll be using .x, AFAIK.

soradg123 wrote:

Which is why I had suggested using a universal bone structure for most custom models to follow, something like this:
*bones*
Adding support for other dancers should be trivial once Pippi is up and running in-game. A "universal bone structure" won't be necessary.

Also, I'm currently working on modeling a new body and clothes. I think I'll have something ready by Friday, so expect a new pic on Sunday when I'm actually done.
awp

Loginer wrote:

No one's been too specific about what's wrong with the nose

awp wrote:

if you're trying to figure something out I'd recommend adding the base of the nose and nostrils

noses don't end in a point =| the bottom of the nose is the widest part; visibly wider than the bridge

in fact, it's kind of /\ shaped in general, vs || shaped
Gabi
it is super hard to make a nice looking and FITTING nose for a character like pippi. it would be nice if anyone could paste in an example of a 3D characters nose because a nose like this

would not fit her
LuigiHann
The current nose isn't realistic but it looks perfect in cel-shading so it is fine
awp
At certain angles, yes. At others, it's a bit jarring. One minute flaw can completely throw off an otherwise gorgeous work of art.

iNiS's models do the same thing (their noses have bases, as oppose to being straight lines).
Torran
crystalsuicune
Now that's much better!Good work,Loginer~
(*coughfullbodypiccerplz?cough*)
Daru
Random thought:
Is it possible to convert that model into a Miku Miku Dance model?
crystalsuicune
show more