forum

The official osu! mascot

posted
Total Posts
show more
kideddie1501
God, can we just change the boots entirely? I don't think they'll look good in any way.
Daru

kideddie1501 wrote:

God, can we just change the boots entirely? I don't think they'll look good in any way.
Smaller or less noticeable souls, maybe.
I like the boots as part of the costume in general, though they look a bit like high-tops in the render.
kideddie1501
Right, or maybe they just shouldn't part, one solid slab of rubber.
NCDyson
I think the place I got the design for the soles of the boots was from Moom's drawing, though in that drawing it looked a lot more appealing than it turned out on my model. Also, that image is actually pretty old still as I think quite a bit of things were changed since then lol.

That's the most recent render of the work that was done on the default outfit, though it really doesn't show off much, just the pose from Saru's concept. One of these years she's going in for major facial surgery. lol
Topic Starter
Loginer
Meh, I haven't done any work in weeks, and I've been pretty busy with something else lately. Feel free to take over the project if you want to.
peppy
NCDyson's first render (using vocapippi?) is awesome. Loginers model still feels a lot better than the more recent one, though.
kideddie1501
Maybe, which one gets implemented faster?
awp

NCDyson wrote:

One of these years she's going in for major facial surgery. lol
She might wanna stop at the local fast food restaurant on the way, that waist is dangerously small. (btw: eyes are green lol)
NCDyson
yeah, the colored image I was using for reference had red eyes, and I feel they seem to work a little better with the outfit. My model was really just for something to practice on, I've actually found myself with little free time as of late.
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
CheeseWarlock
Both these models have their advantages, but neither one really gets the face right yet.

Though maybe if you're both up for it, Loginer and Dyson could work together on perfecting Pippi? Nothing against either of you if you're against it, but I think a 3D design team could be pretty awesome.
Topic Starter
Loginer
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
kideddie1501
GO LOGINER! :D
Topic Starter
Loginer
Here's my progress so far. The face currently feels like a strange mix between anime and realism, but I'm working on that. The important bit is that the face is no longer flat.

Randy96
Could make a nice alien, that's for sure.
awp
Daru
Also, check this out: http://www.posemaniacs.com/tools/handviewer/

The third model (020 CT SCAN HEAD(beta)), is a 3D model of an adult male head.

Obviously, Pippi is neither male nor an adult, though, you may be able to find something of use from the model.
Topic Starter
Loginer
Just tell me what I need to fix/improve, aside from the mouth and chin. The face was modeled using anatomically correct references, so telling me to look at realistic heads and stuff isn't helping.

Here's the same mesh with hair and stuff.

Edit: Wait, I just noticed something big. Fixing... Fixed the depth.

Remco32
2nd picture looks more male then the first IMO
Topic Starter
Loginer
kideddie1501
It's looking great though, man. Keep up the good work!
awp
Yeah, though it does look a little on the male side, it's definitely looking more human.
kideddie1501
I agree, maybe chubbier cheeks or wider smile?
Derekku
I'm not very fond of the eyes. The big white parts just look out of place to me :/

Also the lips :X
CheeseWarlock
The first one is looking great. But the second rendering makes me think that not all angles would turn out so well. The nose bridge seems too prominent or too thin or something.

Though if it renders well in cel-shading at all angles the way it is now, I'd like to see more angles.
Topic Starter
Loginer

Felt like posting a screenshot this time. I've moved and scaled the eyes, shortened the chin and made the lips look more female-ish. I also made some changes to the bridge after taking the screenshot.
awp
distance from nose to lips to chin seems short to me, idk if the chin is too short or if everything is just half an inch too low, or what (on second thought, I'm probably wrong, here)

lips do look good though

nose is sharp enough to cut cheese on, I'm presuming that's still a WIP
LuigiHann
Much better
Topic Starter
Loginer
Right, I should probably do some work on this today. Here's what the new head looks like with the old hair:

Looks pretty weird, but I can't point out why. Any suggestions on things to fix (don't worry about the nose, it's already on the top of my list)?
Jinxy
The hair seems a little too pointed at the end.
adam2046
She kinda looks older than she should be maybe?
I'm not sure I just get that feeling.
awp

Loginer wrote:

Looks pretty weird, but I can't point out why.
Only thing I can think of is that it's not really one "head of hair", it's several little pieces. The hair is all bumpy and divided into sections/individual bangs, all of which stem from the top of the head. I'd like to see a closer render of this model's hair to see how it's divided up. Maybe NCDyson could offer some help or helpful tips on how to do hair.
Topic Starter
Loginer
How's this?
Derekku
The black pieces look excellent, but the pink ones still look really thick and clay-like :<
Daru
Would it be better if you layered flat pieces of hair instead of a 3D "tube"?
Remco32

Derekku Chan wrote:

The black pieces look excellent, but the pink ones still look really thick and clay-like :<
I disagree with that.
I do think that the nose is somewhat male-like...
Topic Starter
Loginer

Daru wrote:

Would it be better if you layered flat pieces of hair instead of a 3D "tube"?
I think planar bangs would look strange, but I'll give it a try anyway.

Remco32 wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

I disagree with that.
I do think that the nose is somewhat male-like...
I'll see what I can do about that.
Derekku
@Nose: Maybe it's the bridge of it that looks kinda weird? Not sure...

@Bangs: To elaborate, they don't look "bad", but they could be improved. :)
Topic Starter
Loginer
Replaced the bangs with a more or less flat version.

awp
can you thin the texture so it looks less like plastic wood-grain?
show more