forum

The reason I don't play osu much anymore

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kimkam120
I used to play Osu, a lot. I loved playing it, loved listening to the music and watching my rank and scores go up/down. But I don't play it as much as I used to and it is pretty simple. My musical taste have moved on. All I see is 50000 different copies of the same anime intro done 20 different ways. This was fun for a while but I can't understand why some people havn't tried to expand the range of songs? The search function fails me a lot but there just isn't much there to begin with. I want to play Osu, and I loved playing Osu, but I just wish it had more english/ Today's Alternative music instead of the 50th song from Infected Mushroom. So my question is, Is there a reason for this? What keeps you guys from playing the same anime intro 50000 times over? (Sorry if wrong post area)
-sev
Laura Lovely
I know what you mean. I love the game cause of all the anime and J-pop though lol.
Topic Starter
kimkam120

Nikkumi wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/247646
Thanks for the link :) Provided a lot of insight into it and I understand most of it now. In the end I guess there just isn't much we can do about it :\ its the direction the community has chosen for the game to go.
Vuelo Eluko
why not help change things by mapping the music you like
Gumpy
You didn't play a lot too begin with.
Also try downloading the beatmap torrents stickied somewhere around the forum.
[ yogurt ]

kimkam120 wrote:

My musical taste have moved on.
Are you one of these people that believe you "grow up" from listening to a certain genre of music?

kimkam120 wrote:

What keeps you guys from playing the same anime intro 50000 times over?
Nothing.
Birdy

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

kimkam120 wrote:

Are you one of these people that believe you "grow up" from listening to a certain genre of music?
Moe shit and Happy Hardcore, for example, are the perfect examples of genres that mainly 12-year-olds listen to. So basically it's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Also this is the reason why I'm trying to be one of the few mappers that map good songs. You're welcome.
Topic Starter
kimkam120

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

kimkam120 wrote:

kimkam120 wrote:

What keeps you guys from playing the same anime intro 50000 times over?
Nothing.
Congrats, You got personally offended when I talked about the music I like. The music I liked 4 years ago is not the music I listen to today.

Gumpyyy wrote:

You didn't play a lot too begin with.
Also try downloading the beatmap torrents stickied somewhere around the forum.
I have tons of songs (not quite sure how big some people's folder is but mine totals 1,625 songs) and there are a bunch of songs I do like. I was just wondering about the problems with other types of music. The thread posted above talked about it really well.
HaruryuuSan

Riince wrote:

why not help change things by mapping the music you like
This.
byfar
tried to map some instrumental song, bpm changes by 5 every ten seconds GG
DeletedUser_4041880

byfar wrote:

tried to map some instrumental song, bpm changes by 5 every ten seconds GG
Don't tell me you ended up with a 300+ bpm timing after you finished
Factorial
Complex patterns, lol
thelewa

Static Noise Bird wrote:

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

Moe shit and Happy Hardcore, for example, are the perfect examples of genres that mainly 12-year-olds listen to. So basically it's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Also this is the reason why I'm trying to be one of the few mappers that map good songs. You're welcome.
sutsi satsi satsaa
sutsi satsaa
Syphist
It really helps when you just appreciate good music for being good music. I could care less about genre, I just want something that sounds nice. However, if you you aren't like me there are a lot of good beatmaps like Pavor Nocturnus, Gold Dust, End Credits, pensamento tipico de esquerda caviar, Solar, Setting Sail, Coming Home from Bastion, Instrumental songs like Over Drive, and Nightcore like Live 2 Dance. And these are just from my library. You just have to go looking for these beatmaps, but they exist.
Birdy

thelewa wrote:

sutsi satsi satsaa
sutsi satsaa
pitää varmaan mapata joskus
Topic Starter
kimkam120

Syphist wrote:

It really helps when you just appreciate good music for being good music. I could care less about genre, I just want something that sounds nice. However, if you you aren't like me there are a lot of good beatmaps like Pavor Nocturnus, Gold Dust, End Credits, pensamento tipico de esquerda caviar, Solar, Setting Sail, Coming Home from Bastion, Instrumental songs like Over Drive, and Nightcore like Live 2 Dance. And these are just from my library. You just have to go looking for these beatmaps, but they exist.
Thanks for some links :) I really liked most of those songs.
dkun
As most said here, just gotta look for the gems out there that appeal to your taste.

Use the search on the Beatmaps page to your advantage! (just set the language to English)
AzureRin

Static Noise Bird wrote:

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

._.////\\\\\\\ This kinda leaves me speechless.....tons of people out there just likes these music. I mean, I still have music in my Itunes that all the way from when I was ~12. Lets try not to attack anyone for what they like shall we.