forum

Question about map scores

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rep_old_1
I just played a map and got the exact same combo (FC) as my old score, but my new score has much higher accuracy, except the new score is lower than my old score. What factors affected my new score to be lower than the older one besides the combo and accuracy?
Bauxe
The higher your combo, the more points you get for say, a 300. Therefore, you may have had higher accuracy, but your 100s would have been later on in the map (on average).
Topic Starter
rep_old_1

Bauxe wrote:

The higher your combo, the more points you get for say, a 300. Therefore, you may have had higher accuracy, but your 100s would have been later on in the map (on average).
Ah, that's right, I forgot about that. Thanks
cheezstik
Let's say you get 2 different 1x100 scores. On the first score, you got the 100 on the first circle. You would've been at x0 combo (assuming no sliders or spinners) for this circle, meaning that it would've given you 300 points if you got a 300.

Lets say, on the second score, you got 100 on like, the 50th circle. You would've been on x50 combo, meaning that getting a 300 would've given you 50x300 points (15,000), but instead, you got 50x100 (5,000), meaning you missed out on 10,000 points instead of 200, making a score lower despite the same or higher accuracy and even combo in some cases.

(Edit: Don't know the exact formula for score from individual notes, this is just an example)

Basically, 300s later on in a combo are more valuable than 300s earlier in a combo.
felicitousname
Also spinners, don't forget the spinners.
DahplA

felicitousname wrote:

Also spinners, don't forget the spinners.
That's why when I get a FC with good accuracy, you spin that last spinner like crazy