Rapoo V1

on a Razer Goliathus (Omega) Speed Edition
kriers

HalfBrokenMusicBox wrote:

use 5600dpi
u crazy?
lolcubes
G500 for me (for 10 months now!).
Have been using a MX510 for over 7 years, but I decided to upgrade, because I use my MX510 on another computer now.
Currently very satisfied with it!
anthonyyy0
A good mouse? The exact opposite of the crappy USB mouse I picked up for five bucks.
ChaosLegion
Been using this A4Tech(but with a PS/2 connector on top of the USB) for a few years now. Love it!
Kuria
this thing for me: XL-747H Anti Vibrate

both left and right click are so enjoyable (to me), and i can even customize the mouse "weight", since this thing have its own weight tuning system XD.

since i'm a mouse only player, this thing are very well handy to me^^
Espionage724

ShinKuria wrote:

both left and right click are so enjoyable (to me), and i can even customize the mouse "weight", since this thing have its own weight tuning system XD.

That looks kinda... awesome :D
kriers

ShinKuria wrote:

i'm a mouse only player
\:D/
niccoboss
Cyborg R.A.T 9 with all weights (VERY heavy) at 3200 (of 5600) dpi
cococococo_old
my mouse doesn't have a name, its costs like 1 or 2 dollars.
I'm mouse only btw.
Sprobius
I use Elephant Dragunov (800 dpi) with a Razer Goliathus Alpha Speed (1.0x, 5/11)
JappyBabes
new deathadder or rat9 best mausus ever clearly because 6400dpi
niccoboss
I own my 'old' (5600dpi instead of 6400dpi) RAT9 for 3 years now and i'm very happy with this mouse.
Vendredi
I'm using the GG300 from Logitech since awhile, and I'm very happy with it!

You might want a mouse that is wired, has laser thingy, and maybe some settings like dpi and all for extra
TakuMii

Vendredi wrote:

You might want a mouse that is wired, has laser thingy, and maybe some settings like dpi and all for extra
Actually, I'd advise against anything with a laser, as they all have mouse acceleration issues (as in, even if you turn off all the settings in Windows you'll still have ~5% acceleration), which makes them bad especially at low DPIs. And since you want to be playing at a low DPI for osu!, you should be looking for an optical mouse with no acceleration and no prediction.

These are the optical mice that have 'flawless' sensors, and will greatly improve your accuracy:
Vendredi

YayMii wrote:

Vendredi wrote:

Actually, I'd advise against anything with a laser, as they all have mouse acceleration issues (as in, even if you turn off all the settings in Windows you'll still have ~5% acceleration), which makes them bad especially at low DPIs. And since you want to be playing at a low DPI for osu!, you should be looking for an optical mouse with no acceleration and no prediction.

These are the optical mice that have 'flawless' sensors, and will greatly improve your accuracy:

Oh, alright, i'll keep that in mind for the day my mouse die. Thanks :D
CoreFantasy
My mouse is A4Tech X7 F3
it's matched with my hand, and i love it.
btw i'm mouse only player, and hope to get a good gaming mouse like Mionix Naos.

Rokk

Kuria wrote:

That's actually literally identical to my Sharkoon FireGlider, apart from the print. What's up with that?
skateboard34
This is what I'm using, ha. It's actually been pretty good but it seems like I'm the only one who still uses a trackball mouse.

Naikaze

Teraku wrote:

Kuria wrote:

That's actually literally identical to my Sharkoon FireGlider, apart from the print. What's up with that?
Also Identical to Razer Diamondback
Rokk

Gatyaa420 wrote:

Also Identical to Razer Diamondback
Nah, the Razer DiamondBack just kinda looks like it. My mouse is literally identical to that one.

Naikaze
Because that model is a good ergonomic model I guess?
peppy
If you don't mind a wire, I'd give high recommendations for the Logitech g500. I'm quite particular about my mouse and this has been one of the best I've used so far. As a mouse-only player, I tend to prefer buttons with less travel for playing osu!, where the (no longer available) G5/G7 range have been the absolute best buttons I've used. The g500 comes quite close, although there's a bit of travel to them nonetheless.

My only other advice would be to avoid Razer. I've had three of them break in under 6 months of buying (or getting a warranty replacement).
Kingkevin30

peppy wrote:

If you don't mind a wire, I'd give high recommendations for the Logitech g500. I'm quite particular about my mouse and this has been one of the best I've used so far. As a mouse-only player, I tend to prefer buttons with less travel for playing osu!, where the (no longer available) G5/G7 range have been the absolute best buttons I've used. The g500 comes quite close, although there's a bit of travel to them nonetheless.

My only other advice would be to avoid Razer. I've had three of them break in under 6 months of buying (or getting a warranty replacement).
ohh thats cool ^^ i use a G500 since a year. i love this mouse,but i never played much with the weight.
nrl

peppy wrote:

If you don't mind a wire, I'd give high recommendations for the Logitech g500.
I'd be very wary of any mouse with a laser for osu!. The vast majority of laser gaming mice on the market use Avago sensors, which are all known to have some form of hardware acceleration. Personally, I'd recommend an optical mouse over a laser for osu!.
AmaiHachimitsu
WMO/IE 3.0 Masterrace

General: any mouse would do unless its shape makes it uncomfortable to maintain the grip. And it has to have a good laser (IntelliEye technology in my cheap-as-hell WMO works brilliant for me)

Reminder of pro-settings (you can master any settings, just giving those most-probably "correct"):
osu! sensitivity - 1.0
Windows sensitivity - 6/10 (default)
mousefix might help a bit too
change the speed with DPI or osu! resolution

The mice I know which are used by pro mouse players
MS IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 (past Shizuru, PeaChick (IIRC), rEdo, taNa used to play with Intelli 1.1A and I'm sure I omitted someone)
MS Wheel Mouse Optical - cheaper alternative to the above (me .... ? I remember I saw somebody else...)
Logitech G9 (Shaggon, Niko, ...?)
Those are pretty popular, but some players use miscellaneous mice
SiLvia - Elecom, forgot the model
Doomsday - some random mouse
Gladi - couldn't guess, but looks like some razer (green illumination)
[ Beatrice ] - Logitech G1
the rest I just don't know

^ I've no idea what did I write it for

But you all can see that mouse choice is not so much of a trouble. You don't have to spend 50+$ on mouse for osu!, just buy a decent one. I'm poor as hell so I bought cheap WMO and it was one of the best purchases in my life.

The only exception is when you want to play mouse only. G9 and IE 3.0 are considered the best in this case.
Kanye West
Gladi uses a razer copperhead which is no longer in production.
Tanzklaue
I use a Roccat Savu, it's really a good mouse for small-middle sized hands. only problem is that you can't adjust dpi freely, you have to chose from 4 presettings, 400, 800, 1600 and 4000. I don't know who thought that this was a good idea, but meh...

I also used a G300 in the past, and while a good mouse (with a much MUCH better driver than roccat), it didn't fit my hand at all and also broke very fast. but in general, logitech makes very good mice and normally they are very durable.
lolcubes
Been using G500 since forever. Not changing for anything, it's really good.

For people who like to theorize about acceleration and all those stuff that are barely noticeable (afaik G500 doesn't have any), try the mouse first.

The only downside is that G500 is easier to break than G400 (or MX518/510).

Before G500 I was using MX510, so the swap was perfect without feeling any downsides.
TakuMii

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

peppy wrote:

If you don't mind a wire, I'd give high recommendations for the Logitech g500.
I'd be very wary of any mouse with a laser for osu!. The vast majority of laser gaming mice on the market use Avago sensors, which are all known to have some form of hardware acceleration. Personally, I'd recommend an optical mouse over a laser for osu!.
Avago does make optical sensors, some of which (most notably the Avago 3090) have no acceleration. Mice with those sensors may still have mouse prediction though, but that depends on the manufacturer.

Tanzklaue wrote:

I use a Roccat Savu, it's really a good mouse for small-middle sized hands. only problem is that you can't adjust dpi freely, you have to chose from 4 presettings, 400, 800, 1600 and 4000. I don't know who thought that this was a good idea, but meh...
I also have a Roccat Savu, and it does have more DPI settings. The way Roccat set it up in the drivers is a bit confusing, as instead of a single DPI slider they have a choice of the 4 native sensitivities and a sensitivity slider that scales off of the DPI selected. The scale is kinda inconsistent though, I'm using 400dpi @ +1 sensitivity (http://puu.sh/3D0Cl.jpg) and measured it at 450dpi, while I measured 400dpi @ +2 to be about 670dpi.

lolcubes wrote:

For people who like to theorize about acceleration and all those stuff that are barely noticeable (afaik G500 doesn't have any), try the mouse first.
All laser mice (including the G500) do have a small amount of acceleration, but generally you wouldn't notice it unless you were playing at a low DPI and have had prior experience with a zero-acceleration optical mouse. Since I play at 450dpi, I keep this link handy when helping people buy a mouse, which is a list of the mice that have been tested to have no acceleration (up to their speed limits, which are for the most part faster than humanly possible).
Tanzklaue

YayMii wrote:

lolcubes wrote:

All laser mice (including the G500) do have a small amount of acceleration, but generally you wouldn't notice it unless you were playing at a low DPI and have had prior experience with a zero-acceleration optical mouse. Since I play at 450dpi, I keep this link handy when helping people buy a mouse, which is a list of the mice that have been tested to have no acceleration (up to their speed limits, which are for the most part faster than humanly possible).
I got my savu with that picture in mind! all because the store had no G400 available.

also the relative scaling of dpi is still bad, and I fear that the results are rather random.
lolcubes
I play 800dpi and to be honest, I don't notice *any* acceleration. If there is any, it's so small it's not worth trashing the product because of statistics imo.
TakuMii

lolcubes wrote:

I play 800dpi and to be honest, I don't notice *any* acceleration. If there is any, it's so small it's not worth trashing the product because of statistics imo.
IMO 800dpi isn't low enough to feel acceleration in osu!, although you'd probably feel it if you play any FPSes at a low in-game sensitivity.
I am particularly sensitive to mouse acceleration, and I find it fairly difficult to play on my brother's G9 in comparison to my Roccat Savu or even my Microsoft Intellimouse 1.1A. You'd only be able to feel the difference if you've played with a zero-acceleration mouse. It's not exactly necessary (since it's only 1-5% acceleration and a few top players are able to play with this), but a little help goes a long way.
AmaiHachimitsu
This might be interesting.

Based on sensor quality
TakuMii

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

This might be interesting.

Based on sensor quality
I agree with this to a certain extent. From my experience, the DeathAdder 3.5G and Black Edition also need to be set to 1800dpi for 'proper tracking', and the Rocket Savu's tracking only starts to become dodgy at 1600dpi and above (and perhaps also on some mousepads).
lolcubes

lol
Kurokami
Whats wrong with Logitech G9x? O.o

Anyways, cheepest chit is da best. \o/
/me runs
usa

Kurokami wrote:

Whats wrong with Logitech G9x? O.o
I use it deshelled since I have small hands and that guide made me feel bad ;w;
Remonwater
i have razer deathadder, razer abyssus, and razer salmosa. i prefer using my abyssus simply because it fits my hand the best and is the most comfortable. deathadder is too big for me and although razer salmosa is a nice small size, i like the abyssus better. the most important in picking is just how comfortable it is imo
ct_warrior
I've had the Razer Abyssus for over a year and it has one fatal flaw: the center gravity is way too far on the top half. A LOT of side to side momentum is converted into making the mouse rotate around the center of gravity (and in the opposite direction that one would naturally turn) rather than the intended effect of simply moving the mouse sideways. This results in an EXTREMELY unstable grip and inconsistent force to distance ratio, which has a MUCH steeper learning curve than the notorious 5-10% mouse acceleration of laser mice.

Some less fatal flaws are the extremely stiff mouse buttons (fixable with some tape), and the "| |" shaped grip which forces you to grip the mouse heavily for stable and quick downward motion as opposed to a "/ \" or hourglass shape which gives your fingers some angle to push on instead of relying solely on friction for grip.

It's great in literally every other aspect though. One particularly overlooked aspect is the latency of the mouse buttons.

The chart shows a comparison of mouse button latency to the Logitech G300. I believe the test was done by plugging both mice to a computer and smashing the sides of them together when your fingers are on the threshold of clicking such that both buttons trigger at the same time upon impact and measuring the differences. My interpretation of the methodology may be extremely off to say the least.

This is somewhat useful for mouse only players. The higher the latency of the mouse button, the more muscle memory you'll need to gauge where you're effectively clicking when doing fast jumps.
show more