forum

Multi Language Silent Notices

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +16
Topic Starter
KinkiN
Since some ppl said It's unclear & vague, I will be explaining with more details

What's my request?
I'm requesting a multi language silent notices. This should works both in profile page and in-game notices ( I'm not entirely sure about this, does bancho gives you a warning in your local language or in english, since i have been never silenced iirc :p )

Oh? So why we need it
I highly believe that there are some peoples in this community doesn't even know what he/she has done wrong. This can be proven easily by looking at Tech Support threads, that sometimes ppl asks about why they're can't post etc. Even though It's pretty obvious & stated at their profile page

I still don't understand. your OP is still vague

If you have something to ask, feel free to post up
FrzR
Would support this. Some players just throw off lines of their language and then ignore the !faq given by mods. Ugh.
Piine
You mean silence notices on a profile right?
Nope, what he meant is localizable silence notice ingame. Considering some local players didn't understand what it means, they'll despise the notice and might go back infringing the chat.

Title could be changed to "Localizable ingame silent notice", current title is unclear enough.
Piine
Yeah...that what I thought at first...
Topic Starter
KinkiN
Lol i mean at profile page at first (web). But in-game would be okay too. Sorry my OP were a bit vague because i rushed. Will fix OP once i went home

Yuzuru wrote:

Lol i mean at profile page at first (web). But in-game would be okay too. Sorry my OP were a bit vague because i rushed. Will fix OP once i went home

inverness wrote:

...is unclear enough.
It even mislead me. Holy shit OP, come on.
Topic Starter
KinkiN

inverness wrote:

It even mislead me. Holy shit OP, come on.
k fixed
Stefan
Use Google translator or contact a Moderator for the specific language for translation. I do not think this will be possible or need to add tbh.
Topic Starter
KinkiN

Stefan wrote:

Use Google translator or contact a Moderator for the specific language for translation. I do not think this will be possible or need to add tbh.
well, only experienced players of this community will think of that. most people don't, sadly. They'll just ignore everything. That's what i believe
Piine

Stefan wrote:

I really find that kinda outrageous Stefan. (Not being mean or harsh.) You got to understand that !faqs are localized, as well as most website terms, as well as other items in-game and the most of the wiki. You got to understand most users will not take the ten seconds to go to Google to use their translator and might even continue to break the rules without knowledge (aka language barriers) until they either reach 9 silences or more to instantly get their account banned. You also do have to remember that in their client that it says, please check your profile for more information when you get silenced. I understand it may be hard to code as well as we have the soon TBA website coming out, so why not add this.
Lach

Stefan wrote:

I do not think this will be possible
You mean you aren't aware of the localization project? I'm sure something like this would be easy to add, considering some of the client side things that have localization enabled already.

I think this is a very good idea, even if it's an extreme case that someone manages to register an account but doesn't know basic english. It might stop at least one person from being an absolute shit in chat.
Stefan
Okay then let us think: What a difference will make it out when they read the reason in their native language for their previous silence(s)? Either they wonder what does it means and will ask in the chat or anyone per PM, perferably moderators for this language - in case they absolutely cannot speak english - or, they ignore it.

People mostly asks in the chat why they couldn't chat or similar things like that and they get for usual the answer to check their profile. In case they can't understand the reason because of the lack of english, this would be the ONLY case where this function would be efficient.

Sulker wrote:

You got to understand that !faqs are localized, as well as most website terms, as well as other items in-game and the most of the wiki.

Lach wrote:

You mean you aren't aware of the localization project?
I do understand and know about the localization project and that the !faq is not related to this request here. Not sure why you've got to mention this.

Sulker wrote:

You also do have to remember that in their client that it says, please check your profile for more information when you get silenced.
Yes, that could be changed. Since this isn't requested I didn't had to agree from my side but this idea would be a good one. OP maker could add this to the post.
TicClick
as for in game localization, fill https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... nVHc#gid=0, row 546 of the first tab
as for web site: most likely not going to happen, as most reasons are handed out manually and no chat op is going to translate the reason he's typing into another thirty languages

how about you spread a word about the existence of online translators? This might help
Drafura
Wouldn't having standardized messages make moderator's life easier ? Cause before translating you have to make a list of most common kill's reasons (wich is almost already done). For example :
!kill Nick 4 <- This would use the 4th reason in the list wich could be "unwanted content in #currentchannel" (or more verbose commands "!kill Nick ucontent")

Not sure if this would take a lot of time to implement, especially for the website, but if moderators can use this + the current system of custom messages, I don't think the idea is that bad :o
Piine
Would about to say that too Drafura. Most reasons are quite easy to just translate (unless a player does something quite really stupid like ban evading which could also be translated too...).
Marcin

Sulker wrote:

I really find that kinda outrageous Stefan. (Not being mean or harsh.) You got to understand that !faqs are localized, as well as most website terms, as well as other items in-game and the most of the wiki. You got to understand most users will not take the ten seconds to go to Google to use their translator and might even continue to break the rules without knowledge (aka language barriers) until they either reach 9 silences or more to instantly get their account banned. You also do have to remember that in their client that it says, please check your profile for more information when you get silenced. I understand it may be hard to code as well as we have the soon TBA website coming out, so why not add this.
You get your chat banned 9 times, and you still don't get what you're doing wrong? excuse me.

This is not much possible to implement without overhauling silence system to use pre-defined reasons, and i don't see it coming any way soon.
Drafura

Marcin wrote:

This is not much possible to implement without overhauling silence system to use pre-defined reasons, and i don't see it coming any way soon.
I was expecting something like that @Not sure if this would take a lot of time to implement
Topic Starter
KinkiN

TicClick wrote:

how about you spread a word about the existence of online translators? This might help
You could. but that's very weird to type " use online translator if you don't know something or chat the mod " when they can't even read english properly. In the end, this line should be written in thirty languages, with high chance of not being read by the players

also for in-game localisation, they do write " check your profile ..... ". it is written in the respective language, but in the end, in the web it's still english. thus making non-english speaker wonder what the hell happened. Well, this could be partially solved by adding " use online translator .... " localisation though

Marcin wrote:

Sulker wrote:

You get your chat banned 9 times, and you still don't get what you're doing wrong? excuse me.

How could you know you're being silenced if you don't know you're silenced? you do aware of people posting in TS asking why they can chat, multi, etc ( The reason was obvious for us ). The main problem is many of osu! players don't speak english. some of silent notices do come with quite advanced english ( e.g Inappropriate ) which i believe, is quite rare for non-english speaking countries.

I do know this idea is hard to implement. so if you do have a better way, be my guest
ErunamoJAZZ
This is another problem for us moderators. If the reason is in a language we do not understand, the other moderators can not read right either.
We all understand English, but if the reason is in Indonesian, or Chinese, or any language, I would not know why someone was silenced.

The English is the "language of the internet", sooner or later people will have to learn at least a little.
Piine
Understandable seeing it would make it hard for moderators to guess out why the player was silenced for..... this is going to be quite a debate...
Drafura
Oh, I just remembered of something implemented long ago....

I guess this make the request invalid since it's already possible to translate the whole website with 2 clicks
Bara-
But google translate is terrible
Even if it does show correct words, no one can understand it still
Stefan

baraatje123 wrote:

Even if it does show correct words, no one can understand it still
can you explain the logic behind this line

On-Topic: Right, single words - which are like 4 ~ 6 equally per reason - can be translated well. We however leave it to the Dev I guess.
Bara-
Sorry
Words are translated good (NOT ALWAYS THOUGH)
But when it gets to sentences, like the ...'s account is not in good standing etc., GT will FAIL
Maybe add it to localisation project for the best translations for it?
And maybe do that for more of the site, with link of osu.ppy.sh/country code/rest of link
Idk if this is possible though, as I do not know how muvh needs to be translated then, and implemented, and if this would take up too much space or not
Marcin
Translations will happen only on new website (next.ppy.sh).
show more