forum

AKINO with bless4 - EXTRA MAGIC HOUR [TV ver.] [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Asagi Mutsuki
I'd really recommend you guys to confirm if the 1/3 that are mapped to 1/4 are rankable by QATs before pushing this to rank :/

also only nonBN post in this page hype
PatZar
cdh, but the creator wants use to use 1/4 snap. Just see this when its come.
OnosakiHito
People seem to be confused here. Let me assure you that the 1/4 works well. Unlike osu, Taiko gives us the possibility to have our own patterns because this game mode is pretty much beat oriented (is it the beat of the song, the vocal or own beats). To those who aren't happy with this explanation let me add that the 1/3 in this song are really quiet and considering the volume of taiko and the patterns at this very part, having 1/4 is absolutely fine. They work in this way fine and can be also either considered as "own beats which respect the overall song" or be refered to the 1/1 sounds at 01:20:595 - which are emphasized by a 1/4 kat stream instead of a possible finisher.
Kayano
Well since 1/4 got confirmed by QATs, the mapset looks good to me, so I'll give it a go~ :P
"you have already qualified a map today!"...... it seems i should wait tomorrow......
qoot8123

OniJAM wrote:

Well since 1/4 got confirmed by QATs, the mapset looks good to me, so I'll give it a go~ :P
"you have already qualified a map today!"...... it seems i should wait tomorrow......
before qualified this, i will change a little stuff on my diff.

00:53:595 (236) - ,01:04:262 (305) - I will change then to finisher due to there are apparent clap sound here, finish could emphasis more .

@Nardo: could you help me fix them ? thanks! :)
Topic Starter
Nardoxyribonucleic

qoot8123 wrote:

OniJAM wrote:

00:53:595 (236) - ,01:04:262 (305) - I will change then to finisher due to there are apparent clap sound here, finish could emphasis more .

Updated~
Kayano

qoot8123 wrote:

OniJAM wrote:

It sounds nice, so here we go!
omg 8 maps gap again...
meii18
;w;
qoot8123

ByBy_ChAn wrote:

;w;
Asagi Mutsuki

ByBy_ChAn wrote:

;w;
Stefan
Please do not leave the heart icon in the thread and change it back to popped/bubbled if you got to wait.
Nwolf
the limit is 9 maps pleaaaaaaase ;w;
Kayano
Heart icon
Topic Starter
Nardoxyribonucleic
Finally ;w; Thank you very much~
Kayano

Stefan wrote:

Please do not leave the heart icon in the thread and change it back to popped/bubbled if you got to wait.
Well if I removed heart icon in post then it still will be heart icon in the OP, theb if I want to set it back to bubbled, i cant heart it again cuz i see someone did like this and got punishment, so i won't take risk. Next time I'll click the qualify icon first then post, thanks for remind and sorry for the trouble.
Topic Starter
Nardoxyribonucleic

OniJAM wrote:

Stefan wrote:

Well if I removed heart icon in post then it still will be heart icon in the OP, theb if I want to set it back to bubbled, i cant heart it again cuz i see someone did like this and got punishment, so i won't take risk. Next time I'll click the qualify icon first then post, thanks for remind and sorry for the trouble.
Well, if this is true, that would be a bit tricky @@
meii18
Finally gratz ~
Charlotte
gratz :)
Stefan

OniJAM wrote:

Stefan wrote:

that is a good way to avoid this problem.

Congrats Nardo!
Conor
Razorflamekun
I'm very surprised that this got ranked when there is such a small gap in the star rating between both Oni difficulties. I would have expected at least a 0.4 gap in the star rating first.
Kyouren

ByBy_ChAn wrote:

Finally gratz ~
Anyway, metadata is really correct? O_O
If yes, gratzz~ :3
toara_fict
Gratz Nardo :3
JUDYDANNY
Gratz :)
PatZar
:O gratz
Ujimatsu Chiya

Genocide wrote:

:O gratz
Loctav
Posting on behalf of the Taiko QAT. They someone didnt make it to post in time, so I do it for them.
Make sure to get your stuff rechecked by the BN. As I was not entirely sure which one was the definite DQ reason, I just drop all the issues they mentioned - as you should consider all of them.

I am sure that the Taiko QAT will elaborate their concrete DQ reason more indeep if you ask them.

[Kantan & Futsuu]

- 00:08:095 (5,1) - Doubt it is the best idea to use a spinner here. Especially in Futsuu bounded together with a 1/2 don. New players normaly don't know how to spin, and suddenly it starts with that + a don. Can lead to confusion.
- I don't see the need for SV 1.2 in both difficulties. The BPM isn't that high and leads to another problems which is dedicated to Kantan . Beside the different snappings in Kantan which are really a lot confusing, the SV makes these different spacings less noticeable, like for example 00:30:595 (35,36) - which a new player probably can't distinguise.
- New pattern constellations in Kantan like 00:32:595 (38,39,40,41) - makes the diff even harder and more confusing.

For the rest of Futsuu diff, we could nitpick a lot of things, but generally the mapping style used makes it reasonable. While this is a strength in this case, it's a huge weakness in both Kantan and Muzukashii if you ask me.

While Muzu is relatively fine (we am against mapping like that though, trying hard to follow vocals and then ignore them right afterwards), it creates a problem in Kantan where you are forced to map on really odd ticks. While musically it does makes sense in a way, it feels bad because it's not trying to create a comprehensible rhythm, it has no flow and the notes are just "there".

the beginning in Futsuu and Kantan is too sudden and the rhythms used don't represent the music as it should.

[Spread]

Spread from Muzukashii to the other two Onis seems to be high. While Futsuu indicates already the use of 1/2 patterns in Muzu, which is a good transition from one to the other difficulty, Muzukashii don't have any 1/4 for upcoming diffs. Both Onis suddenly use some more ocmplicated 1/4 with an higher density, such as 00:41:928 - in qoot's Oni or 01:00:595~01:02:428 - longer constellations in nardo's Oni.

Maybe one of the Oni's should be made a bit easier.

[General]

mp3 quality is doubtfully low. Are you sure there is no better version of this?

Sorry if this post looks more cluttered than it should. I recommend you to poke some Taiko QAT about this post, to avoid misunderstandings or to receive concrete advises.
Topic Starter
Nardoxyribonucleic
Would you mind telling me who wrote these reasons for me to refer to so that I can negotiate with them?
qoot8123

Loctav wrote:

Posting on behalf of the Taiko QAT.
I'd interested who is that Taiko QAT. :roll:
Loctav
You can ask any of them. The reasons are a compilation of all taiko QATs statements
Hanjamon
sad :c good luck with the requalify Nardoxy
Topic Starter
Nardoxyribonucleic

Loctav wrote:

Posting on behalf of the Taiko QAT. They someone didnt make it to post in time, so I do it for them.
Make sure to get your stuff rechecked by the BN. As I was not entirely sure which one was the definite DQ reason, I just drop all the issues they mentioned - as you should consider all of them. I think there is no distinct reason for disqualification in the post, what I see are just the suggestions of additional modding.

I am sure that the Taiko QAT will elaborate their concrete DQ reason more indeep if you ask them.

[Kantan & Futsuu]

- 00:08:095 (5,1) - Doubt it is the best idea to use a spinner here. Especially in Futsuu bounded together with a 1/2 don. New players normaly don't know how to spin, and suddenly it starts with that + a don. Can lead to confusion. I think it is perfectly fine to use a spinner to represent the long, stretched vocal starting from 00:08:262 to 00:10:262 - . About how to spin, kd spam can be learnt by beginners by attempting just a few times, so the spinner can be finished quickly and it will not cause any confusion even he or she hits the don and starts the spinner with a slight delay.
- I don't see the need for SV 1.2 in both difficulties. The BPM isn't that high and leads to another problems which is dedicated to Kantan . Beside the different snappings in Kantan which are really a lot confusing, the SV makes these different spacings less noticeable, like for example 00:30:595 (35,36) - which a new player probably can't distinguise. In fact 180 BPM is high enough. Anyway, changed the SV of both Kantan and Futsuu to 1.4 to let beginners grow faster.
- New pattern constellations in Kantan like 00:32:595 (38,39,40,41) - makes the diff even harder and more confusing. I think it is not that problematic and confusing because of the simple snapping here (1/1+2/1+1/1). The vocal pattern also changes afterwards at 00:34:595 - , so a slightly different pattern constellation is fine to reflect such a difference.

For the rest of Futsuu diff, we could nitpick a lot of things, but generally the mapping style used makes it reasonable. While this is a strength in this case, it's a huge weakness in both Kantan and Muzukashii if you ask me.

While Muzu is relatively fine (we am against mapping like that though, trying hard to follow vocals and then ignore them right afterwards), it creates a problem in Kantan where you are forced to map on really odd ticks. While musically it does makes sense in a way, it feels bad because it's not trying to create a comprehensible rhythm, it has no flow and the notes are just "there". I would prefer vocal mapping as my top mapping priority. However, since this is a Muzukashii, I cannot follow all of them as the use of appropriate breaks is also an important aspect in mapping an intermediate difficulty. Concerning the use of red ticks in Kantan, I think the rhythm is comprehensible and vocal-beat oriented, as I followed the sounds that need emphasis throughout the difficulty. I don't use them randomly, all of the red tick notes are placed after thorough considerations, accompanied by proper neighbouring breaks.

the beginning in Futsuu and Kantan is too sudden and the rhythms used don't represent the music as it should. We could hear the pitch increment at the beginning of the song. Notes are placed there to fit the rhythm, and I don't think it is sudden because the vocal part is also strong.

[Spread]

Spread from Muzukashii to the other two Onis seems to be high. While Futsuu indicates already the use of 1/2 patterns in Muzu, which is a good transition from one to the other difficulty, Muzukashii don't have any 1/4 for upcoming diffs. Both Onis suddenly use some more ocmplicated 1/4 with an higher density, such as 00:41:928 - in qoot's Oni or 01:00:595~01:02:428 - longer constellations in nardo's Oni. Muzukashii already has 1/4 ddd and kkk. As you know, it is not appropriate to use ddk/kkd in such a high BPM Muzukashii. It is hard to raise the difficulty of Muzukashii further because there are no more prominent 1/4 beats that are easy to be followed. About Onis, they are just ordinarily hard considering its high BPM but low note density, and there exists no additional overmapping to keep the Onis simple. Furthermore, the diff spread from Muzu and Oni is just similar to the ranked mapsets, so I don't understand why it is a problem.

Maybe one of the Oni's should be made a bit easier.

[General]

mp3 quality is doubtfully low. Are you sure there is no better version of this? Yes, the current one is already the best I can find as there is no official TV Size track for the song.

Sorry if this post looks more cluttered than it should. I recommend you to poke some Taiko QAT about this post, to avoid misunderstandings or to receive concrete advises.
Kyouren
I have original mp3 but is 320 mbps <----- i don't know
And tittle is wrong
For sure, That same OniJAM said:

OniJAM wrote:

add [TV ver.] to the title
Official website says it is (TV ver.) But in the release album it is written as [TV ver.], see the box for picture, also it can be confirmed at This site
(No. 2)

NO KDS~

EDIT:
That is a mp3, you just ask with Ringating for convert that mp3
http://puu.sh/gFa5S/969cd0c006.mp3

Good Luck!
Topic Starter
Nardoxyribonucleic
mp3 and title changed, thanks for your help!
TKS

Loctav wrote:

[Kantan & Futsuu]
- 00:08:095 (5,1) - Doubt it is the best idea to use a spinner here. Especially in Futsuu bounded together with a 1/2 don. New players normaly don't know how to spin, and suddenly it starts with that + a don. Can lead to confusion.
mappers shouldn't take care of a rudimentary problem. first, must learn how to play taiko. imo.

[ General]
  1. エクストラ·マジック·アワー feels wrong due to 1-byte middle dot. replace it to 2-byte middle dot (・) because officials are using 2-byte. it was a quite minor thing but we could handle it as an incorrect metadata, probably. it seems a really hard to find thing but feel free to ask me or some japanese BN/QAT. i can help you anytime.
[ Kantan]
  1. 00:22:996 (22) - 00:28:329 (29) - you could remove them, or change the pattern. 1/1 triplets sound a bit excess since the song goes to calm part.
[ Futsuu]
  1. 00:22:329 (31,32,33,34) - almost the same thing as Kantan. you should follow the vocal more clearly and remove some notes to emphasize next part from 00:32:662 -
    i mean consider removing 00:22:329 (31) - 00:27:662 (42) - (and 00:22:829 (33) - 00:28:162 (44) - too? it's up to you.)
no kds for this.
Topic Starter
Nardoxyribonucleic

TKS wrote:

Loctav wrote:

[Kantan & Futsuu]
mappers shouldn't take care of a rudimentary problem. first, must learn how to play taiko. imo. Same opinion here. For those who are new to Taiko, they can just learn the most basic things (e.g. how to hit a don/kat/big don/big kat/slider/spinner) through the Auto mode.

[ General]
  1. エクストラ·マジック·アワー feels wrong due to 1-byte middle dot. replace it to 2-byte middle dot (・) because officials are using 2-byte. it was a quite minor thing but we could handle it as an incorrect metadata, probably. it seems a really hard to find thing but feel free to ask me or some japanese BN/QAT. i can help you anytime. revised the title to "エクストラ・マジック・アワー [TV ver.]".
[ Kantan]
  1. 00:22:996 (22) - 00:28:329 (29) - you could remove them, or change the pattern. 1/1 triplets sound a bit excess since the song goes to calm part. It sounds good, fixed
[ Futsuu]
  1. 00:22:329 (31,32,33,34) - almost the same thing as Kantan. you should follow the vocal more clearly and remove some notes to emphasize next part from 00:32:662 - I would prefer retaining them to have a better spread from Kantan to Muzukashii. Also, there is already an increase in difficulty starting from 00:32:662 - in Futsuu by the use of mixed-colour 1/2 notes.
    i mean consider removing 00:22:329 (31) - 00:27:662 (42) - (and 00:22:829 (33) - 00:28:162 (44) - too? it's up to you.)
no kds for this.
Thanks for the check TKS~ :)
OnosakiHito
Once I'm done with TWC mappool and other stuff, I will rephrase the DQ reason, so it becomes more clear to everyone.
Topic Starter
Nardoxyribonucleic
Well... Two months passed and no one could elaborate the DQ reasons. I think I have to push this forward again.
Kayano
I think it is fine fow
Rebubbled!
Yuzeyun
no touch
i touch tomorrow when i head back home.
show more