forum

Fcing longer songs provide more pp?

posted
Total Posts
show more
B1rd

Rewben2 wrote:

Yes, map length (the amount of hit objects or maybe it's just circles?) gives pp, and it's not accounted for in the star rating. Same thing goes for od.
It sort of is accounted in star rating, to some degree at least. Any marathon map's star rating is higher than you would think for the difficulty throughout the song.
GoldenWolf
Yes only circles are accounted for accuracy points

I think it's mainly those super circles heavy maps that are going to be hit by the nerf *cough* world's end *cough* because they're giving way too many pp for their difficulty
silmarilen

Rewben2 wrote:

Yes, map length (the amount of hit objects or maybe it's just circles?) gives pp, and it's not accounted for in the star rating. Same thing goes for od.
this is the most correct answer in this thread, and it's amount of hitobjects
ZenithPhantasm

Riince wrote:

that acc is abysmal you're lucky to even get that much

So if thats abyssmal then what is mine?
Vuelo Eluko

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Riince wrote:

that acc is abysmal you're lucky to even get that much

So if thats abyssmal then what is mine?
unsurprising, considering you have a reaction time test as a signature.
GhostFrog

silmarilen wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

this is the most correct answer in this thread, and it's amount of hitobjects
This is probably the wrong thread for me to say this, but basing the bonus on number of hitobjects can't possibly be anything other than a band-aid. Doing so reduces sliders down to count as one object, regardless of how many ticks there are or how hard they are to hit, while counting, for example, 10 straight 1/1 circles in one spot as 10 separate objects. Hopefully map length scaling will eventually be abandoned in favor of changing how difficulty scales as you add new parts to a map.
cheezstik
According to tillerino, the difference between 97% and 98% is the biggest difference in accuracy (excluding SS), from around 90-95% seems like a small difference, smaller as the accuracy gets lower, to the point where 80% doesn't even give that much less than 90% compared to the difference between 97% and 98%.

Additionally, stars =/= pp, the algorithms are different, but it just happens to be the most common case that higher stars = more pp, but you can get cases of the opposite.
Reyvateil

cheezstik wrote:

According to tillerino, the difference between 97% and 98% is the biggest difference in accuracy (excluding SS), from around 90-95% seems like a small difference, smaller as the accuracy gets lower, to the point where 80% doesn't even give that much less than 90% compared to the difference between 97% and 98%.

Additionally, stars =/= pp, the algorithms are different, but it just happens to be the most common case that higher stars = more pp, but you can get cases of the opposite.
Stars are the difficulty of the map and directly related to the PP awarded, two songs of the exactly same difficulty will give the same pp if you ignore the accuracy and length/hit object bonus. They are the aim and speed values of the song as could be seen on this page back when osutp was up: http://web.archive.org/web/201309150822 ... t/beatmaps
cheezstik

Mikakage wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

Stars are the difficulty of the map and directly related to the PP awarded, two songs of the exactly same difficulty will give the same pp if you ignore the accuracy and length/hit object bonus. They are the aim and speed values of the song as could be seen on this page back when osutp was up: http://web.archive.org/web/201309150822 ... t/beatmaps
I can't find the source again, but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing something about Tom94 confirming that star difficulty and pp gain is are only indirectly related.
winber1
so it seems that an accuracy of 99.68% vs. 96.62% on a song (with HR) gave 78 more pp. 99.68% gave 277pp, whereas my 96.62% gave 199pp lmao.

so yea, pretty sure this shows how important accuracy is.
B1rd
accuracy is overweighed.
GoldenWolf

B1rd wrote:

accuracy is overweighed.
This has to be a joke.
B1rd

GoldenWolf wrote:

B1rd wrote:

accuracy is overweighed.
This has to be a joke.
The difficulty is hitting the circle, not hitting it at the exact right timing.
cheezstik

B1rd wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

This has to be a joke.
Does that mean if I can do freedom dive on relax then I can basically do the difficulty of freedom dive?
GoldenWolf

B1rd wrote:

Dude.......
Saphirshroom

cheezstik wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Does that mean if I can do freedom dive on relax then I can basically do the difficulty of freedom dive?
It's even better: You can do it with just one finger whilst dancing Polka!
B1rd

cheezstik wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Nope, you need amazing stamina, finger synchronisation etc.
GoldenWolf
B1rd come on...
B1rd
MEH i CAN'T BE BOTHERED ARGUING WITH A CONTROVERSIAL OPINION. (or retyping w/o caps lock)
sayonara_sekai

B1rd wrote:

accuracy is overweighed.
i agree but only because I cant acc a fucking thing
blourgh

B1rd wrote:

Lol yeah why does timing matter on a rhythm game.
winber1
let the butthurt flow
Karuta-_old_1

B1rd wrote:

accuracy is overweighed.
but that's how I gained 1k rank in 2 days
chainpullz
Lewa must be a fucking scrub then. The only thing hes good at is accuracy and obviously that doesn't mean shit (sarcasm).
ZenithPhantasm

winber1 wrote:

let the butthurt flow
My butt hurts from my lack of acc pp.
Topic Starter
byfar
anyone know how to use tillerino bot. too lazy to use searchj button pls dont hutr me
Synpoo
you talk to it and give it a nice !r and hope for the best
Rewben2

byfar wrote:

anyone know how to use tillerino bot. too lazy to use searchj button pls dont hutr me
https://github.com/Tillerino/Tillerinobot/wiki
Topic Starter
byfar

Rewben2 wrote:

byfar wrote:

https://github.com/Tillerino/Tillerinobot/wiki
no. im asking how do i put tillerino on my osu thing? i click the golden add button and search up tillerino but its not there

edit: ok nevermind, using my own common knowledge i searched up tillerino and pmed himm
tecu
What are rhythm games and why is the timing of your hits important?
GoldenWolf
I don't know just spam DT everywhere you will gain ranks anyway ¯\(°_o)/¯
iWhorse
fcing songs that have more circles gives you more pp
deletemyaccount
I'm just going to drop this map here
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/133693

let the pp flow