forum

Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

posted
Total Posts

Which version(s) are you/will you be getting? (Re-voting allowed)

Omega Ruby
34.62%
Alpha Sapphire
41.67%
Both
17.31%
I'm gonna wait for a later version that adds more
6.41%
Total votes: 156
show more
Professor Prinny
Got my copy of Omega Ruby a few hours ago and I'm really enjoying it so far (Got Smash Bros Wii U as well but I'll play that later today after some sleep).
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

go to GTS and search for Jirachi. Lol.
Not even gonna bother as they can't even be put up on GTS, anyway. (Otherwise, my boxes of Jirachi would've been gone months ago :o)
Azure_Kite
4chin suggests otherwise. There are a lot of them on there.
ColdTooth
Blazevoir ( sup o/ ) I am nearing the end of Pokemon Y and literally moving on to my Alpha Sapphire.

I'm really excited for it (funny thing is, i got sapphire when the launch date occured, yet i never played it). I -just- got back into the pokemon games so I'm really hoping this thread can help me out on certain stuff.

Talk to you later, and get well soon! ^^
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Well... guess I'll be clearing out boxes tomorrow (my time)...

And heya, ColdTooth.
Jinxy
ORAS postgame area is heaven.
DestinySonata

Jinxy wrote:

definitely agree. if only i had a good ditto ;w;
Jinxy
Running around Hoenn after saving the world and becoming champion
  1. Oh god Birch, a Shroomish now?
  2. Went to the Fossil Maniac's house hoping for the other fossil like Emerald. Got an interesting scene.
  3. OMG BIRCH A MACHOKE WITH A BOX REALLY
  4. Talking to the gym leaders
  5. Frontier and Leader Match Call DLC hype
  6. I didn't bother to train a Sharpedo so when i got one from the grunt and taught it surf... hooooooooooooly shit

Also doing contests with your pokemon increases affection
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Jinxy wrote:

Running around Hoenn after saving the world and becoming champion
  1. Oh god Birch, a Shroomish now?
  2. Went to the Fossil Maniac's house hoping for the other fossil like Emerald. Got an interesting scene.
  3. OMG BIRCH A MACHOKE WITH A BOX REALLY
  4. Talking to the gym leaders
  5. Frontier and Leader Match Call DLC hype
  6. I didn't bother to train a Sharpedo so when i got one from the grunt and taught it surf... hooooooooooooly shit
Also doing contests with your pokemon increases affection
1) I saw that a few days ago @ postgame area. Don't really need it as I've favorited a lot of Blissey Bases.

2) Saw all of what you mentioned in your spoilerbox. There's actually two more you've missed.
SPOILER
a) Remember that one cave you needed to Surf to at Route 120? Try going there.
b) Beat the Pokémon League a second time (where they have their updated teams) then try finding Birch again (assuming you got the other presents from him).
3) I would do Contests, but having to come up with a completely different moveset for each category, especially now, is just... overwhelming...

EDIT: Added more news concerning the Eon Ticket distribution for Australia & New Zealand to the OP.

That being said, I wonder if it can be distributed over PSS.
ColdTooth
Just started this game w/ a Torchic, it's so damn adorable.

Man this game really improved a lot.
Navizel
I just finished Delta Episode. It was so good.

In other news, I just finished EV training my perfect IV Gardevoir. Just sharing because it is my first time spending too much time IV breeding and I'm happy it's worth.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Found three TMs so far on/in Mirage Spots... /OCDalarm

EDIT: Updated my base again, though it's mainly just a Flag update with a few decorations changed. I've also found out that Base Pals' teams are preset depending on their Trainer type. (So much for a Base filled with nothing but Blissey...)
Sey
Decided for Alpha Sapphire, as I already mentioned. I started with Treecko because I love its evolutions. Up to now the game really seems to be an improvement. Some 3D Battles don't seem to lag that much anymore as they were in X/Y. But maybe that's just my imagination. So far defeated the first Gym leader.
Navizel
Spoilers I guess
Are the Camerupt and Sharpedo from the grunts in Battle Resort have fixed nature? I got a Quiet Camerupt and an Adamant Sharpedo and they are both female. Too good to be true imo.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Navizel wrote:

Spoilers I guess
Are the Camerupt and Sharpedo from the grunts in Battle Resort have fixed nature? I got a Quiet Camerupt and an Adamant Sharpedo and they are both female. Too good to be true imo.
SPOILER
Didn't particularly care for Camerupt, but my Sharpedo was also an Adamant female.
Another post-story (Delta?) occurence
The Mossdeep City Gym Leaders appear at the Lilycove Department Store's 5th floor. Dunno if it's during the Saturday sales or just any day/time.
Navizel

Blazevoir wrote:

Another post-story (Delta?) occurence
The Mossdeep City Gym Leaders appear at the Lilycove Department Store's 5th floor. Dunno if it's during the Saturday sales or just any day/time.
I saw them there too lol. Poor bodyguard.

Updated my secret base btw.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Navizel wrote:

Updated my secret base btw.
Updated.

Nathan
Going to buy sapphire as a birthday present for a friend ^^
Azure_Kite
Updated my base. You need the Acro bike to access it. It also has my shiny bronze flag and my pokedex certificates.

Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

Updated my base. You need the Acro bike to access it. It also has my shiny bronze flag and my pokedex certificates.

Updated.

P.S. When are we gonna trade? :o
Azure_Kite
Haha. You were last online 1 minute ago :(
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Just bug me on Skype, then ><
Navizel
Sorry for this. I keep on updating my secret base. It's too addicting. This is the last edit for now. Not going to update it until I get silver rank.

Nofool
Hey'

random question: anyone have a speed boost(DW's talent) sharpedo or know how to find one ;_; ?
i tried GTS(X/Y) but only rough skin sharpedo there... (got my alpha sapphire ver tomorrow and i wonder if we can find speed boost sharpedo there ?)
Hika
I don't have enough time to play this game; I'm too busy and it's depressing ;_;
also, I'd rather not scan through the thread but when is this post-game patch coming out again?
Athrun

Hika wrote:

I don't have enough time to play this game; I'm too busy and it's depressing ;_;
also, I'd rather not scan through the thread but when is this post-game patch coming out again?
Next month
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Navizel wrote:

Sorry for this. I keep on updating my secret base. It's too addicting. This is the last edit for now. Not going to update it until I get silver rank.

Lol, I don't blame you. Each rank up, there's always seems to be one or two things I change each time. Anyway, updated.

EDIT: One of my friends got the Eon Ticket already, and he's not even at the 3rd Gym yet /uberjelly
Vapor
managed to get my hands on an eon ticket today ~

also it would be so much easier to go places if i'd actually battled trainers first time around. just having a wander when suddenly a guy with lv20s wants to battle.. nothing annoys me more than my own laziness it seems.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
=c I really want it, but no way in the world I'll be able to get it where I live...
El Koko

Blazevoir wrote:

=c I really want it, but no way in the world I'll be able to get it where I live...
try homepass. i was able to set it up, but got no streetpasses for some reason. i'm blaming my modem/connection, still worth giving it a try.

i'm going to get mine this wednesday anyway, a lucky friend got it :p
Athrun
My friend skipped a day of school just to get the eon ticket for me and my friends. I salute him so much.
deadbeat
mmm. i remember the 8th gym being ice. did it change or am i remembering wrong?
Jinxy

deadbeat wrote:

You remembered wrongly, though the tiles looked a lot more icy in RSE
deadbeat
how the hell did i solo it with a blaziken then. man i really go back through emerald now >_>
silmarilen
that's just because blaziken is OP
Jinxy
Can confirm, wrecked shit with an overleveled Blaziken in Ruby
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

My friend skipped a day of school just to get the eon ticket for me and my friends. I salute him so much.
/raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage

silmarilen wrote:

that's just because blaziken is OP
^
Yuzeyun

Jinxy wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

You remembered wrongly, though the tiles looked a lot more icy in RSE
it was water all the time
ColdTooth
I almost got lost after the 1st gym.

Also, when do you get bases?
Vapor
if you're getting lost there, wait until the water routes. i've played gen3 too much and still get lost there.

and you get bases just north of the sandstorm on route 111 i think, can't remember when that is exactly tho
show more