forum

Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

posted
Total Posts

Which version(s) are you/will you be getting? (Re-voting allowed)

Omega Ruby
34.62%
Alpha Sapphire
41.67%
Both
17.31%
I'm gonna wait for a later version that adds more
6.41%
Total votes: 156
show more
ColdTooth
When I begin this game, I don't think I'll ever stop

But I'll send my base in whenever I got time
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Public service announcement for those who are (or aren't) near the main story endgame yet.

Azure_Kite wrote:

When you're next on, I might have to grab one off of you. Is there anything you'd like in return?
Check back in like... 8-9 hours from now and I should be available /totallynotgoingtobedrightnow

Jinxy wrote:

Changed some decorations around and properly set the pokemon I want to fight with but in reality I just wanted to show off my 100 flags
Updated.
Azure_Kite
Sometimes I wish there was a way to play through the story without a new game.
Jinxy
So if it stops, do you restart after the movie has ended and become unable to watch it any more?
Athrun

Azure_Kite wrote:

Sometimes I wish there was a way to play through the story without a new game.
^^
I want this to happen. I want a longer backstory...

HeartGold and SoulSilver came the closest for me. But after that...

Jinxy wrote:

So if it stops, do you restart after the movie has ended and become unable to watch it any more?
I hope not. It would ruin the experience for many many players who still havent comepleted the game.
Jinxy
in hindsight putting anti-metagross moves on pokemon weak to steel or psychic or a 150bp move was a terrible idea

Going in with a L51 team could have something to do with it too but eh.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Jinxy wrote:

I honestly have no idea. I can't even find anything else about it.
Azure_Kite
I'm thinking I should swag up my free battles with shiny mega rayquaza. :3
DestinySonata

Azure_Kite wrote:

I'm thinking I should swag up my free battles with shiny mega rayquaza. :3
swag it up!

speaking of shinies, I accidentally knocked out a shiny Spinda in a horde.
Jinxy
Man I wish we could rewatch the ending scene, there was one part that would have been a great picture.

Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
^ So, much, win, argh!

EDIT: Oh boy... I found a TM in a Mirage Spot... I wonder how many are there.
Jinxy
mfw a trainer I skipped in the Magma Hideout comes and fights me as I'm doing Ep Delta

EDIT: oh nevermind they're all new battles

EDIT2:

Grunt wrote:

Our leader's room isn't here.
Oh wow I fell for it hook line and sinker
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Yeah, that surprised me, too.
Jinxy
I like how they incorporated Wallace's Champion team from Emerald
Birdy
There should be a Thanksgiving special event for giving out special Pokémon similar to this gentleman here.

Trash Boat
dat Hit Points
Athrun

Static Noise Bird wrote:

There should be a Thanksgiving special event for giving out special Pokémon similar to this gentleman here.

What is this. My life was definitely a lie.

SPOILER
Just got word about the trainer card. Usually you would have near impossible stuff to do, but it is MUCH easier. They are:
- Defeat the E4
- Complete the Hoenn Pokedex
- Go through the battle maison and win for thr 50th streak

Easy huh.
Azure_Kite
That's usually how it is, although it's
usually 100 instead of 50. Iirc r/s needed 50 wins in the battle tower.

Edit: go to GTS and search for Jirachi. Lol.
Professor Prinny
Got my copy of Omega Ruby a few hours ago and I'm really enjoying it so far (Got Smash Bros Wii U as well but I'll play that later today after some sleep).
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

go to GTS and search for Jirachi. Lol.
Not even gonna bother as they can't even be put up on GTS, anyway. (Otherwise, my boxes of Jirachi would've been gone months ago :o)
Azure_Kite
4chin suggests otherwise. There are a lot of them on there.
ColdTooth
Blazevoir ( sup o/ ) I am nearing the end of Pokemon Y and literally moving on to my Alpha Sapphire.

I'm really excited for it (funny thing is, i got sapphire when the launch date occured, yet i never played it). I -just- got back into the pokemon games so I'm really hoping this thread can help me out on certain stuff.

Talk to you later, and get well soon! ^^
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Well... guess I'll be clearing out boxes tomorrow (my time)...

And heya, ColdTooth.
Jinxy
ORAS postgame area is heaven.
DestinySonata

Jinxy wrote:

definitely agree. if only i had a good ditto ;w;
Jinxy
Running around Hoenn after saving the world and becoming champion
  1. Oh god Birch, a Shroomish now?
  2. Went to the Fossil Maniac's house hoping for the other fossil like Emerald. Got an interesting scene.
  3. OMG BIRCH A MACHOKE WITH A BOX REALLY
  4. Talking to the gym leaders
  5. Frontier and Leader Match Call DLC hype
  6. I didn't bother to train a Sharpedo so when i got one from the grunt and taught it surf... hooooooooooooly shit

Also doing contests with your pokemon increases affection
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Jinxy wrote:

Running around Hoenn after saving the world and becoming champion
  1. Oh god Birch, a Shroomish now?
  2. Went to the Fossil Maniac's house hoping for the other fossil like Emerald. Got an interesting scene.
  3. OMG BIRCH A MACHOKE WITH A BOX REALLY
  4. Talking to the gym leaders
  5. Frontier and Leader Match Call DLC hype
  6. I didn't bother to train a Sharpedo so when i got one from the grunt and taught it surf... hooooooooooooly shit
Also doing contests with your pokemon increases affection
1) I saw that a few days ago @ postgame area. Don't really need it as I've favorited a lot of Blissey Bases.

2) Saw all of what you mentioned in your spoilerbox. There's actually two more you've missed.
SPOILER
a) Remember that one cave you needed to Surf to at Route 120? Try going there.
b) Beat the Pokémon League a second time (where they have their updated teams) then try finding Birch again (assuming you got the other presents from him).
3) I would do Contests, but having to come up with a completely different moveset for each category, especially now, is just... overwhelming...

EDIT: Added more news concerning the Eon Ticket distribution for Australia & New Zealand to the OP.

That being said, I wonder if it can be distributed over PSS.
ColdTooth
Just started this game w/ a Torchic, it's so damn adorable.

Man this game really improved a lot.
Navizel
I just finished Delta Episode. It was so good.

In other news, I just finished EV training my perfect IV Gardevoir. Just sharing because it is my first time spending too much time IV breeding and I'm happy it's worth.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Found three TMs so far on/in Mirage Spots... /OCDalarm

EDIT: Updated my base again, though it's mainly just a Flag update with a few decorations changed. I've also found out that Base Pals' teams are preset depending on their Trainer type. (So much for a Base filled with nothing but Blissey...)
Sey
Decided for Alpha Sapphire, as I already mentioned. I started with Treecko because I love its evolutions. Up to now the game really seems to be an improvement. Some 3D Battles don't seem to lag that much anymore as they were in X/Y. But maybe that's just my imagination. So far defeated the first Gym leader.
Navizel
Spoilers I guess
Are the Camerupt and Sharpedo from the grunts in Battle Resort have fixed nature? I got a Quiet Camerupt and an Adamant Sharpedo and they are both female. Too good to be true imo.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Navizel wrote:

Spoilers I guess
Are the Camerupt and Sharpedo from the grunts in Battle Resort have fixed nature? I got a Quiet Camerupt and an Adamant Sharpedo and they are both female. Too good to be true imo.
SPOILER
Didn't particularly care for Camerupt, but my Sharpedo was also an Adamant female.
Another post-story (Delta?) occurence
The Mossdeep City Gym Leaders appear at the Lilycove Department Store's 5th floor. Dunno if it's during the Saturday sales or just any day/time.
Navizel

Blazevoir wrote:

Another post-story (Delta?) occurence
The Mossdeep City Gym Leaders appear at the Lilycove Department Store's 5th floor. Dunno if it's during the Saturday sales or just any day/time.
I saw them there too lol. Poor bodyguard.

Updated my secret base btw.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Navizel wrote:

Updated my secret base btw.
Updated.

Nathan
Going to buy sapphire as a birthday present for a friend ^^
Azure_Kite
Updated my base. You need the Acro bike to access it. It also has my shiny bronze flag and my pokedex certificates.

Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

Updated my base. You need the Acro bike to access it. It also has my shiny bronze flag and my pokedex certificates.

Updated.

P.S. When are we gonna trade? :o
Azure_Kite
Haha. You were last online 1 minute ago :(
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Just bug me on Skype, then ><
show more