forum

Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

posted
Total Posts

Which version(s) are you/will you be getting? (Re-voting allowed)

Omega Ruby
34.62%
Alpha Sapphire
41.67%
Both
17.31%
I'm gonna wait for a later version that adds more
6.41%
Total votes: 156
show more
Jinxy

Blazevoir wrote:

Added/Updated.

I wonder if people you meet on PSS can also transfer their base...
Passersby will sometimes have their bases appear in your game. That's why I have 13 flags :P

If you don't favourite them, then their base may get overwritten by a new passerby. So far the only base I favourited is one with a full team of pals so that's like 6 battles
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Jinxy wrote:

Passersby will sometimes have their bases appear in your game. That's why I have 13 flags :P

If you don't favourite them, then their base may get overwritten by a new passerby. So far the only base I favourited is one with a full team of pals so that's like 6 battles
Ooh, this is good news~
Jinxy
Checking again, you have the option to battle your pals in your own base. I think people added by QR can only be battled the next day, regardless of them being in their base or yours. They also have some "skill" thing which I assume functions similar to Join Avenue but can also only be used the next day
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Something else I also found out: if they have a bed in their base, you can actually use it to heal your Pokémon.

EDIT: So was anyone else surprised that...
...you ended up getting the opposite Orb, especially when looking back at the original games?
Athrun

Blazevoir wrote:

Something else I also found out: if they have a bed in their base, you can actually use it to heal your Pokémon.

EDIT: So was anyone else surprised that...
...you ended up getting the opposite Orb, especially when looking back at the original games?
Bit surprised. The fact that we can't get Kyogre in Omega Ruby, I question that.

Anyways, the battle with the legendaries are "interesting". Average level but still hard to catch as usual.
Azure_Kite
I liked the story changes from the original. Haven't played Delta story yet, but up to and past Groudon, that was intense.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

Bit surprised. The fact that we can't get Kyogre in Omega Ruby, I question that.
SPOILER
Considering you can't even return the other Orb...

Azure_Kite wrote:

I liked the story changes from the original. Haven't played Delta story yet, but up to and past Groudon, that was intense.
Just finished that part @ Groudon. Holy shit is the story more dramatic now.
Athrun
To think you need a Lvl 100, just to go catch Reshiram/Zekrom... ;_:
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Good thing I brought over Pokémon from my Y, then.

EDIT: Holy shit @ Victory Road. Just sayin'.
SPOILER
Wally has such a kickass battle theme.
Azure_Kite
He really does. I just finished the E4. May's piano theme is just d'awwwwwwwww.

And the credits! They track the pokes you used during in-game events and its cool.
Athrun
actually the underwater graphics are AMAZING.
Riding on a Kyogre underwater is amazing \:D/
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
So... I beat the main story. Gonna save Episode Delta for tomorrow (my time). Hopefully by then I'll also have an actual Base ready.
Friendan
Rehash
There are people who will buy the same game twice or 3-4 times if you've already played Ruby/Sapphire
Jinxy
So how do you set the pokemon to be used when people fight you? Is it just the first 3 in your party when you make the qr code?

EDIT: To fly to a road you must first go to the next city

Well that explains why I couldn't fly to 120
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Jinxy wrote:

So how do you set the pokemon to be used when people fight you? Is it just the first 3 in your party when you make the qr code?
All I can point to is this.
Athrun
Ahhh serebii net. I've been using that website for over 8 years now.
Jinxy
Secret Base powerlevelling, if you're done with the main game. Saving this for myself later

The second base is at the exact same place as Blaze's, lol

Gonna convert my base into a "grass gym" with a twist when I'm done with the main game. Which will probably take forever because I'm still dawdling about with contests and Safari zone
Athrun
That moment when you walk around with your 3DS in a department store.
And then you check how many people passed me with the streetpass for OR/AS, and the number is around 126

That hype though
Azure_Kite
If I did that, I'd hit 0.

Tasmania is full of funless people.
Katze

Azure_Kite wrote:

If I did that, I'd hit 0.

Tasmania is full of funless people.
Same here, when I still went to school I met 4 - 10 people on the way.
And now I hardly meet anyone anymore since I live in a small town in Austria. Not even when I drive to Vienna or in huge malls.
The only exceptions are conventions I visit, and those are only twice / thrice a year.
Azure_Kite
Good thing you can exchange Secret Bases using QR then! \:D/

Mine is here http://i.imgur.com/aRjPYe1.jpg

Had to take a picture of it since I don't have an SD Adaptor for my PC. I checked it myself though; still works just fine.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Jinxy wrote:

Secret Base powerlevelling, if you're done with the main game. Saving this for myself later

The second base is at the exact same place as Blaze's, lol
I actually made the same team (as well as a full Lvl 100 Audino team) like a month or two ago before OR/AS came out. Anyway, I might add this to the OP later.

Btw, which gives more EXP anyway: Audino or Blissey?

Azure_Kite wrote:

Good thing you can exchange Secret Bases using QR then! \:D/

Mine is here http://i.imgur.com/aRjPYe1.jpg

Had to take a picture of it since I don't have an SD Adaptor for my PC. I checked it myself though; still works just fine.
Added.
Jinxy

Blazevoir wrote:

Btw, which gives more EXP anyway: Audino or Blissey?
Blissey by far. Base yield is 608 vs 390
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Guess I'll be Wonder Trading my Lvl 100 Audino team, then :o

EDIT: Can we PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE have an animé adaptation of Episode Delta?

EDIT 2: Delta stuff
Rayquaza's confirmed to have at least 3 perfect IV's as well as an increased capture rate (not the same as a Master Ball, unless you're THAT lucky). Bring a Pokémon with Synchronize as the leader before you battle if you need to.

After the battle, use this to try determine its stats, because you won't be able to check its Nature till after two more battles + story stuff.

P.S. As of this edit I haven't battled Deoxys yet, so I don't know if it'll be the same.
Athrun

Blazevoir wrote:

Guess I'll be Wonder Trading my Lvl 100 Audino team, then :o

EDIT: Can we PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE have an animé adaptation of Episode Delta?

EDIT 2: Delta stuff
Rayquaza's confirmed to have at least 3 perfect IV's as well as an increased capture rate (not the same as a Master Ball, unless you're THAT lucky). Bring a Pokémon with Synchronize as the leader before you battle if you need to.

After the battle, use this to try determine its stats, because you won't be able to check its Nature till after two more battles + story stuff.

P.S. As of this edit I haven't battled Deoxys yet, so I don't know if it'll be the same.
We NEED a pokemon delta episode in the anime. That would be fucking amazing.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Completely finished Episode Delta
It was pretty... anticlimatic at the very end... and I accidentally KO'ed Deoxys, but I was told it'll still respawn at Sky Pillar. Gonna be going to Battle Resort now.

Btw, here's the Rayquaza I caught:

EDIT: OH SHIT!
LOOKER'S BACK, AD;LSFKJ;SDLFJA;SLDFJ;LASDFKJ;ASLDFJ;LASDFKJ;SLDKFJ;LS

Also, there's something at the Battle Resort that's making me think there's gonna be future DLC. This video also adds on to that possibility.
Athrun
SPOILER
According to serebii net forums, the huge tree in Sootopilis (I cant spell) city was given by AZ.
That Easter egg though
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Updated my base. Have fun leveling up!
Athrun

Blazevoir wrote:

Updated my base. Have fun leveling up!
Thanks for the fix lol.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
SPOILER
Wow... Soar during daytime sounds awesome, but the nighttime version is so chill... I could almost use it as a lullaby.
Athrun
SPOILER
Loving the GBA music when battling Entei/Raikou/Suicune
Jinxy
So, my Sootopolis Gym Battle experience.

SPOILER
I had a Thunder Fang Mightyena and Sceptile, but then his first pokemon was a female Attract-spamming Luvdisc

So I decided "fuck it" and swept his team with a +2 Gardevoir's Magical Leaf.

It was amusing yet underwhelming.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

SPOILER
Loving the GBA music when battling Entei/Raikou/Suicune
SPOILER
I haven't even tried going to the Mirage Spots yet. Good to know they're adding more nostalgia, but I still wonder if there's a GBA Sounds key item somewhere...
Anyway, an update is out and is required to go online. Scan the QR code of whichever version (or versions) you have to go directly to the eshop with the update(s) (these work no matter where you live, btw):

Jinxy
Contests are fun, especially after they took out the tedious pokeblock feeding. I can literally max out an attribute with 20 berries

Only Cute left and I'll clear all 5 Master contests.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
So I'm probably really late in noticing this, but anyway...

Here's a cheap PP-restoring trick for those who can't be bothered going to Pokémon Centers while training/EV training (especially Horde Battles), though this only works if it's the same Move as a TM (HMs are excluded for obvious reasons):

1. Use up a Move till it runs out of PP.
2. Swap that Move with any TM that Pokémon can learn.
3. Make that Pokémon relearn the original Move via TM.
4. Check back to see that the Move has all PP restored.

Please keep in mind that you'll lose any PP Ups/Maxes used for the Moves you do this on, so only do this if it's one that hasn't been raised yet. Also, this works regardless of PP differences. For example, say one Move has 15 PP and you swap it out with a 10 PP one then swap it back to the 15. No matter how many times you do this, the PP will be fully restored.
Navizel

hi
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Navizel wrote:

hi
Added.

Btw... (spoilers)
Was anyone surprised about the Nugget Storage at Sea Mauville? I sure as heck was :o
Athrun

Blazevoir wrote:

Navizel wrote:

hi
Added.

Btw... (spoilers)
Was anyone surprised about the Nugget Storage at Sea Mauville? I sure as heck was :o
SPOILER
TREASURE EVERYWHERE LOL. And, is there any possible way of getting a dawn stone before Victory Rd?
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

is there any possible way of getting a dawn stone before Victory Rd?
One of the Super Training things in group 4 or 5 (I forgot which one). You'll need a fully EV-trained Pokémon to unlock those groups, though. Also, it's not guaranteed you'll get one.
Azure_Kite

Blazevoir wrote:

So I'm probably really late in noticing this, but anyway...

Here's a cheap PP-restoring trick for those who can't be bothered going to Pokémon Centers while training/EV training (especially Horde Battles), though this only works if it's the same Move as a TM (HMs are excluded for obvious reasons):

1. Use up a Move till it runs out of PP.
2. Swap that Move with any TM that Pokémon can learn.
3. Make that Pokémon relearn the original Move via TM.
4. Check back to see that the Move has all PP restored.

Please keep in mind that you'll lose any PP Ups/Maxes used for the Moves you do this on, so only do this if it's one that hasn't been raised yet. Also, this works regardless of PP differences. For example, say one Move has 15 PP and you swap it out with a 10 PP one then swap it back to the 15. No matter how many times you do this, the PP will be fully restored.
I wonder why this was changed. In the past, doing this would lossily retain the percentage of PP you had left for your previous move. Seemed logical to me.
show more