forum

Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

posted
Total Posts

Which version(s) are you/will you be getting? (Re-voting allowed)

Omega Ruby
34.62%
Alpha Sapphire
41.67%
Both
17.31%
I'm gonna wait for a later version that adds more
6.41%
Total votes: 156
show more
Kwinii_old
I pre-ordered both of it way back in June. I don't know what to expect but I'm probably
playing OR first and I'll lend my brother AS or I don't know. I just got both anyway like always.
Treekii
New Character called Higana revealed in CoroCoro

She travels with a Whismur and fights with a Salamance

Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Why didn't you mention about Deoxys' story arc in the games? lol
Treekii
Oh shoot you're right, my bad. According to Serebii the arc will be called "Episode Delta"

Looks like you get to go outer space now. Hypeeee
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Now the question is: will we be able to catch it...
Trash Boat
you gotta catch' em all!
Hika

Blazevoir wrote:

Getting back on topic: seeing as Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire aren't entirely remakes of the originals, there's probably bound to be something that we'll hate. Still... the nostalgia...
I hate the 3D, I think it's fair for myself to say that though. Playing Pokémon X&Y w/ 3D's intense, it's like asking to go blind.
But yeah, the nostalgia is a good reason as to why I'm getting both.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
What... The 3D wasn't THAT bad... (If you want intense, go play Mario Kart 7 or Paper Mario: Sticker Star with 3D on max.)

Right then... more news:

Serebii wrote:

- The Pokémon Company has uploaded a new trailer which showcases all of the new information which came last night. First, the girl known as Hagana is called Zinnia in the localisation.
- Edit @ 15:04: A new attraction on the Pokémon Global Link has been announced called Mine Cart Adventure, which has you try and go as far as you can on a MineCart. It offers PokéBalls as prizes and costs 20 PokéMiles to enter.
It also confirms you get given the Diancite in a Pokémon Center when you trade over Diancie.
- Edit @ 15:12: Details of the Delta Episode are also known. It is discovered that an asteroid is on course with the planet and it has a relationship to an event 3000 years ago. In addition to that, Team Magma/Aqua are starting to steal Key Stones from trainers.
- Edit @ 15:51: The UK Eon Ticket raffle has been detailed. The winners of the raffle will get to meet Junichi Masuda on November 29th, receive a 2DS with ORAS preinstalled, and the Eon Ticket, and then be sent to their local GAME in order to share it.

Professor Prinny
Hmm, Episode Delta looks extremely interesting.
Sey
Yeah, it does look interesting. And I almost never use 3D effect in Pokémon games because they make the game lag, at least during battle scenes... And as I can see from the demo this issue wasn't fixed in ORAS either (I guess it can't be improved, sadly).
I am still a little disappointed that the game will be available 1 week after "worldwide" release here in Europe on the 28th of November.
Stefan
I honestly start to like OR/AS since it gave me a good reason with Episode Delta.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Sey wrote:

I am still a little disappointed that the game will be available 1 week after "worldwide" release here in Europe on the 28th of November.
I'd very much like to have either that or SSB Wii U to come out that day for us over at North America... I'm gonna hate having to alternate between two major games ._. /deja vu
Sey
Another thing I am quite disappointed about is that the devs won't offer any character customization in OR/AS as they did in X/Y. Personally I liked that feature a lot because I finally could emphasize into my own character, express it differently to some other players and the whole gaming experience changed to me.. I'm really gonna miss it in OR/AS... For people that didn't know they can check it here, but it had been posted some months ago already, so I guess most of you know about this. It's not gonna stop me buying the game but it is a disappointment since I hoped they keep it in future. The reasons in the interview looked more like excuses to me but I see the opinions are quite different here.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I don't see it as excuses as Hoenn doesn't offer anything that would contribute to character customization. The reason why it made sense in X/Y is because fashion was a lot more involved there. Yes, they could've easily put it in OR/AS, but it wouldn't make any sense especially when you look back to the originals. If anything, Super Secret Bases would be something you'd spend more time on than looks.
Sey
I see your point and I saw many players have the same opinion. As I said already that's not a reason for me of not buying the game because it provides some other cool stuff like - as you already said - Secret Bases. However, I just liked the feature personally and it could be implemented without forcing others to use it. At least the character design of both protagonists is way more decent than in X/Y (just my opinion again, orz).
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Honestly, I actually liked the X/Y protagonists' designs better (heck, I liked Gen III's Brendan(?) and May better), but whatever.

Anyway, really hoping the post-story won't suck like X/Y's.
NotEvenDoomMusic
I'm right now trying to decypher possible links on the new character Zinnia from the latest news of the Delta Episode but couldn't find something that is an outstanding "proof of concept"

All that i've found so far and is actually interesting trivia not found in any respective wikis:

AZ's "Eternal Flower" Floette
I had a hard time looking for anything substantial (or even the type the Eternal Flower originated from) and couldn't find any flowers that are naturally occuring with that black and red distinct pattern, neither did i find flowers that have the red-black pattern as the Eternal Flower form so this is the closest we will probably get until someone else finds a species closer to the resemblance to AZ's Floette.The only thing that the games model was giving me is the colour and shape; very few petals that gets narrower the further it gets from the center.
  • - The flower AZ's Floette is holding is in the lilium asiatic hybrid family and is called "Lilium Tango Olina"
    - Funnily enough and probably just a coincidence the botanical section the flower belongs to is called Sinomartagon, which the first part sounds like Sinnoh.
    - Sadly, since they're from the section Sinomartagon, the fitting theme would be if the flowers came from the Archelirion section as hybrids in that category are usually native to Japan while Sinomartagon is found around central/eastern Asia.
Lycoris radiata
The latin name for the japanese name of Zinnia has some interesting stuff i didn't knew before aswell, don't know if either of you might know this before
  • - Red magic lilies (Lycoris radiata) are often found near cemeteries and thus are in rumoring legends in China and Japan to guide the dead into their next reincarnation.
    - The kanji 彼岸花 (higanbana) means 彼岸 (higan) which literally means the other side of the shore.
    - [Touhou] Komachi Onozuka is very often seen on a bed of red flowers in fan art even in the offial game - yes they're the Lycoris radiata species and pretty much give the flower and character their respective meaning.
Also not listing it under Lycoris radiata but all names for Zinnia in different countries are native to the Amaryllidaceae family.

= On-Topic =
EDIT: for anyone who still hasn't grabbed their OR/AS demo there's a code generator that everyone can use.
Unfortunately it only spits out US codes since it doesn't work on the German 3DSes.

http://pokebeach.com/2014/11/demo-code-for-oras
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
This is why I love Pokémon: they actually have meaning to each one of them. Yet my younger sister (by one year) thinks this is still a kid's game -_-

I totally wanna shove Gen VI in her face...
NotEvenDoomMusic

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

I'm right now trying to decypher possible links on the new character Zinnia from the latest news of the Delta Episode but couldn't find something that is an outstanding "proof of concept"

All that i've found so far and is actually interesting trivia not found in any respective wikis:

AZ's "Eternal Flower" Floette
I had a hard time looking for anything substantial (or even the type the Eternal Flower originated from) and couldn't find any flowers that are naturally occuring with that black and red distinct pattern, neither did i find flowers that have the red-black pattern as the Eternal Flower form so this is the closest we will probably get until someone else finds a species closer to the resemblance to AZ's Floette.The only thing that the games model was giving me is the colour and shape; very few petals that gets narrower the further it gets from the center.
  • - The flower AZ's Floette is holding is in the lilium asiatic hybrid family and is called "Lilium Tango Olina"
    - Funnily enough and probably just a coincidence the botanical section the flower belongs to is called Sinomartagon, which the first part sounds like Sinnoh.
    - Sadly, since they're from the section Sinomartagon, the fitting theme would be if the flowers came from the Archelirion section as hybrids in that category are usually native to Japan while Sinomartagon is found around central/eastern Asia.
Lycoris radiata
The latin name for the japanese name of Zinnia has some interesting stuff i didn't knew before aswell, don't know if either of you might know this before
  • - Red magic lilies (Lycoris radiata) are often found near cemeteries and thus are in rumoring legends in China and Japan to guide the dead into their next reincarnation.
    - The kanji 彼岸花 (higanbana) means 彼岸 (higan) which literally means the other side of the shore.
    - [Touhou] Komachi Onozuka is very often seen on a bed of red flowers in fan art even in the offial game - yes they're the Lycoris radiata species and pretty much give the flower and character their respective meaning.
Also not listing it under Lycoris radiata but all names for Zinnia in different countries are native to the Amaryllidaceae family.

= On-Topic =
EDIT: for anyone who still hasn't grabbed their OR/AS demo there's a code generator that everyone can use.
Unfortunately it only spits out US codes since it doesn't work on the German 3DSes.

http://pokebeach.com/2014/11/demo-code-for-oras
Adding to all my previous theories:
It would be quite a nice coincidence if the Flower Shop will play any significant role in Zinnas story.

She could be one of the missing sisters running the shop or have anything related to it? (very loose, needs more proof on this)
I mean, she has an (unevolved!!!) Whismur and the first Whismurs you can find are found pretty close to the shops location aswell, quite literally just through the town and around the next route.
In the trailer she's seen talking to the protagonist in a cave; this >could< be Rusturf Tunnel - as this would support the Whismur theory.

To add this the Whismur is nicknamed in japanese シガナ (Shigana) derived from 此岸 (Shigan) meaning mortal realm or literally means this shore.

I can assume her story might has something to do with someones passing or untimely acceptance ... (or sucked into another dimension; giving more depth and explanations towards Mirage Spots)

Or... it's just a pun on the geographical circumstance Hoenn is facing.
With all routes being 50% on land and 50% on the sea.
But that's just my two cents of assumptions here.

Also i'd actually be genuinely happy if Looker is hanging around somewhere in Hoenn, telling tales about what happened in the post story of X/Y and at least mention Emma in some kind of way. The Looker story is actually really good and it would be a shame to leave him or one of the major characters in his story out. Besides, Emma had an interesting development and it's sad she's pretty much burried under all the characters from all generations so far and got pretty much forgotten.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I can see Looker making a cameo somewhere in the games. Not sure about the rest, though...
Sapphiire_old_1
Playing Pokemon Emerald, to pick up the atmosphere again ~
I'm so hyped about this, the Pokemon fan base has dreamed about a remake of R/S/E and on November 21 we will finaly get it ^^, well for Japan/North America and Australia alteast. I'm gonna need to wait an extra week (╯︵╰,)
abbysora
Omega Ruby ftw!!!
deadbeat
i am so tempted to pick up a copy of AS after work, but not sure if i should get it now, or just wait for Christmas :(
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
NOW, DAMMIT

EDIT: Ah, humanity...

Lach
Just picked up my copy, last one in the store (I didn't preorder)

Exciting
Treekii
Literally 4 hours left til I can download mine from the e-shop.
I really haven't been this hype in a while ,jf,mssdm,nfdsn,mfsdhkfsdjkl,
Sey
Seeing you guys hyping just makes me sad that I still need to wait a week : (
Ciunek
Seriously, Europe hates you all ;_;
Katze

Sey wrote:

Exactly this ;;
Birdy

Sey wrote:

I get money on the 25th, so it doesn't necessarily affect me too much. It's still not fair, though.
La Volpe

Blazevoir wrote:

NOW, DAMMIT

Too much water? Wtf.
Jinxy
the time you take to decide on a nickname or sneak on a pokemon is recorded for buzznav. wat.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
There were just as silly commercials back then in the originals, sooooooooooooooooooooooooo /o/
Jinxy
Cosplay Pikachu is like an instant-win button for contests
Xgor

Blazevoir wrote:

NOW, DAMMIT

#toomuchwater is a goldmine right now :P

Aanyways still waiting for my copy over here........ ;(
Jinxy
GOOD LORD THE DOWSING MACHINE

EDIT: And after that.. wow. Seriously, blind run this. It will surprise you big time
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Funny you should mention that. I was hoping to pick up a strategy guide along with the game today, but they said they haven't come in yet (if they're even out), so yeah. Blind running, let's go!
Lach
So far I've put 10 hours into it (12 if you count falling asleep and leaving my ds on) and only have 6 badges, I don't remember R/S being quite this long.

I must say, the intro was really sweet when you pick your gender and name.

edit:The teleporter section in the magma hideout is kinda annoying, but there's something useful at the end of the long room with rows of 3
Hika
HELLO TWO COPIES OF GOLD
LET ME PLAY YOU UNTIL I FINISH BOTH COMPLETELY
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
So... it seems like Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken can still solo the whole game so far just like in Gen III... lol.
show more