forum

Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

posted
Total Posts

Which version(s) are you/will you be getting? (Re-voting allowed)

Omega Ruby
34.62%
Alpha Sapphire
41.67%
Both
17.31%
I'm gonna wait for a later version that adds more
6.41%
Total votes: 156
show more
DestinySonata
Grab your Happy Meal with a free Hoopa now
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Heh... Hoopa Meals are actually gonna be a thing. Official video:

Happy Hoppa Meal toys:

EDIT:

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

For those of you in North America, a Zoroark event has randomly begun over the Nintendo Network. It is available through Mystery Gift > Receive Gift > Receive via Internet and is special in that it has the move Sludge Bomb, a move it can't normally learn. The distribution lasts until November 20, 2015.
___

Following the surprise release of the special Sludge Bomb Zoroark over Nintendo Network for North American Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire games, details have been revealed for other places. It has been confirmed that this event is coming to Europe. In the UK, it will be distributed via Serial Codes in GAME stores from November 6th to November 26th and can be redeemed in Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, & Alpha Sapphire.
Stefan
I'd kick away a child for a wobbuffet.

New page, MIGHT LOOKING WRONG NOW. lol
Bara-
LOL
GG Stefan!
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Some more European distributions of Hoopa have been announced. These distributions won't be running through Serial Code but rather through the Nintendo Zone. First, GameMania stores in The Netherlands will be giving the event at their Nintendo Zones from today. Next, FNAC stores in Portugal will be distributing Hoopa from 17:00 local time today in their Nintendo Zone. Finally, it has been announced that the FNAC and GameMania stores in Belgium will be distributing Hoopa from tomorrow.
Yuzeyun

Serebii wrote:

France from November 2nd.
Already got one from a friend of a friend who annihilated my face
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

In a new Pokémon Center promotional video has revealed a new event for Japan. This event will run at Pokémon Centers and will give away a special Diancie. This Diancie is Shiny, which cannot be obtained up to this point. It's to be distributed from December 12th 2015 to December 31st 2015. Full details of the event are not yet known but will be posted as we get them.
Yo... we'd better get that over here, too... She's my beloved princess, after all ;_;
Stefan
Definitely need one because I missed the last time. <_<
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
You mean last times? Because there were two Diancie distributions aside from the one I just mentioned.
Stefan

Blazevoir wrote:

You mean last times? Because there were two Diancie distributions aside from the one I just mentioned.
aaaaaaaaaaaaa I am lazy
Trash Boat
congrats Pokemon you just broke the game. Literally.

DestinySonata
AAAA Shiny Diancie ;w;
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I know someone who has a Japanese 3DS and Japanese Alpha Sapphire, but they might want shiny Diancie too...
DestinySonata

Blazevoir wrote:

I know someone who has a Japanese 3DS and Japanese Alpha Sapphire, but they might want shiny Diancie too...
I guess it's time to hope for a US event!
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Just a reminder to everyone: the distributions for the Johto Starters on Pokémon Bank and the Unova Starters via Serial Codes (all of them which have Hidden Abilities) are due to end this Monday.

EDIT:

Serebii wrote:

Some more European distributions of Hoopa have been announced. In Sweden, it'll be distributed through Serial Code at Gamestop or Nintendo Zone at Webhallen stores through December and January. In Norway, it'll be distributed via code in Gamestop & Neo Tokyo stores through December & January. Finally, in Finland it'll be distributed via code at Gamestop through December and January. We'll bring more distribution details as they come.
DestinySonata
I don't know if anyone's paying attention to it, but the VGC2016 rules have been released (a few days ago actually).

Serebii wrote:

Usable Games Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Battle Type: Double Battle
Pokémon Restrictions: National Pokédex.
Pokémon Limits: Teams may have no more than two of the following Pokémon: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.
Banned Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, and Hoopa, Pokémon not captured or hatched in X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
Banned Items: Soul Dew
Clauses: No same Pokémon, No same item
Players may only use Pokémon with items or moves obtained in Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire
I've had a few battles so far and most teams (just my experience) seem to carry Primal Groudon. I've encountered a few Primal Kyogres and only one Mega Rayquaza (not recommended since it takes up a Mega Slot). Another common Pokemon I've seen is Geomancy Power Herb Xerneas, which I also started using since it's so good.

This is going to be one heck of a VGC (throwback to 2010!)
Navizel
I've seen it. I thought it's going to be no Megas but I guess having two legendaries are cool too. Imo Primal Kyogre is pretty good to counter Heatran, Charizard-Y and the ever present Landorus. Unfortunately, there's Thundurus. Primal Groudon is only weak to Ground which isn't really much of a problem since most Ground types in the metagame are physical. There's Heatran but you'll probably kill him first before he gets to use Earth Power. Maybe Landorus but meh. Looking forward to see Dialga since he is in the top 10 most used in Enter the Dragon type event.
DestinySonata
It's going to be pretty hard running Heatran, since it's slower than P-Groudon and P-Kyogre (maybe P-Kyogre, since P-Groudon usually runs low speed), which both can OHKO it. So chances are, Heatran will be a rare scene. Thundurus won't be that common either, as some Cresselia bring Gravity (with Mental Herb, to prevent Taunt), so Precipice Blades will land and OHKO Thundurus. Landorus will probably be present (I mean, Intimidate is even better now with Competitive/Defiant Pokemon not being common nowadays), although I believe a Special Attack Lando-T would be best due to having access to Earth Power (no Wide Guard protection) and Grass Knot (for P-Kyogre).

I'm interested in Dialga though. I haven't battled one ever, so I don't know how it works. But I'm kind of not impressed by this:
252+ Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dialga: 186-218 (89.8 - 105.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Is it supposed to be a counter to Mega Rayquaza and Xerneas?
Navizel
Dialga can set up Trick Room pretty well. With Adamant Orb, Flash Cannon is a guaranteed OHKO on a Xerneas without HP/SpD investments while Dragon Pulse also a guaranteed OHKO on Rayquaza. Dialga also have other moves that can maybe surprise others such as Aura Sphere, Earth Power, Ice Beam, Thunder, and Fire Blast. Shuca Berry is a viable alternative against Groudon. I don't think Protect is necessary for Dialga but depends on you. You can have 4 attack or 3 attack + Protect/Trick Room
DestinySonata
That's nice. I guess I'll go around testing Dialga now, or getting Pokemon that would counter it hahahaha