forum

osu!skin elements and video files remover

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AGRX
This idea was always come to my mind especially when users have big collection of maps. I was very surprised how much space i saved by deleting all video files and only skin elements in osu(even deleted files were in SD resolution the size was pretty big).

Basically just asking if someone will be able to make application (crossplatform) that will be able to delete video files (.avi,.flv,.wmv..)
and skin elements without deleting most of the background images (using file list of all names of skin elements both SD and HD)
peppy
do not delete anything but videos, unless you want to download your full map collection again (I guarantee you'll have to do this in the future if you delete anything more).
Topic Starter
AGRX
But i feel its very inefficient packing beatmaps with skin elements mostly using only standard resolution using HD elements make the exceed the allowed ranked file size. On HD resolutions looks very bad and blurry.
I think its good option to be able to get rid of skin elements. I guess that users will not be able to delete skin elements from .osz2 ?
formi

peppy wrote:

do not delete anything but videos, unless you want to download your full map collection again (I guarantee you'll have to do this in the future if you delete anything more).
Same with deleting difficulties?

What about adding stuff?
- adding difficulties / .mp3-files
- adding/replacing videos
- in rare cases i even replace a maps .mp3-file cuz of horrible quality (hard syncing the file itself)
peppy
changing any files in maps will cause corruption.