samplefish

Kaguya Hourain wrote:

Hi! From the team's queue~

I don't /really/ like the song so I will make sorta shortmod, sorry >.<

Welp, here goes!

General
  1. Why not offset at 865, song starts from there. its fine

Easy
  1. 00:53:568 (7,8,9,1) - I would avoid this overlap and stack. Doesn't look or play nice imo. its alright.
  2. I feel the part before the first kiai is missing a lot of circles on some white ticks. There are quite a few audible beats there that should be mapped. Other than that, the diff is fine and it looks very nice!

Normal
  1. 02:57:825 (2,3,4,5) - It certainly feels like the circle should be at the beginning of this pattern in the timeline instead of the end. You should get something like this: might be better to start off with a slider, easy to get a 100 if start off with circle
    Nothing to really mod here this is really nice as well!

Hard
  1. 00:33:703 (2,3) - I feel like this should be in a reverse order in the timeline, slider feels way better in the red tick imo. good call, changed
  2. 00:38:163 (5,6) - Also here, the slider would feel much better on the white tick. eh i think its alright the way it is
  3. 02:19:514 (6) - You skipped quite a few beats using that slider there. This is better off as three circles imo. alright
  4. 03:37:554 (6,7) - This feels confusing, not really sure why you did this here. i think its ok.

Nice work, good luck with this!

dat sb
thanks for the mod, it was very helpful!
Lust
Looking sharp!
Topic Starter
samplefish
Lust
re-bubbled, there was some strange slider deletions going on (fixed now)
guineaQ
OH GOD i just sorted out rl issues and the next mapset i had to mod from the queue was bubbled and THIS IS BUBBLED TOO?

do you still want mod lol
Winnie
LOL that storyboard... If Lanturn made this omg you made my day haha. Lanturn doesn't like humanity (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
How come you are so much better than me samplefish. P.S. I see this ranked anytime soon now so
:) :D ;) :o 8-) :lol:
Testplay and I think I'm ready to get #1 if there are no spinners
Tari
Hi

[General]

1. Enable Widescreen support.
[Hard]

1. 00:20:730 (1) - Normal sampleset+whistle here? this has the exact same instrument sound as the end of slider 00:19:514 (8) - which you added a normal sampleset and whistle too, just to be consistent you know.
  2. 00:27:217 (2) - Way too crowded, could you do a slight spacing increase here? like this http://puu.sh/d8rY0.jpg
  3. 01:16:271 (3) - The placement would be better and look nice with previous slider if you moved slightly up and to the left here.
  4. 01:24:379 (5) - The anti-jump here would be better if you added a new combo here, and also because the kiai ends here I think it would fit really well with it here.
  5. 01:29:852 (5) - This note touches the hp bar, I would of liked if you could move it down a notch to prevent it, since its barely just touching the hp bar , by the surface.
  6. 01:36:338 (5) - Same as before, move this left and up and the overlap you wanted will be better.
  7. 01:39:379 (3) - Really prefer if you overlapped this by moving up a bit, would make my life so much better, and me like this map even more.
  8. 02:11:406 (3) - Same as 01:16:271 (3) -
  9. 02:22:757 (6) - Same, move right and higher and fix stacking and blankets of 02:23:365 (7,1) -
  10. 02:49:514 (1) - Man the next slider would overlap better if you placed this slider to the left more.
  11. 02:55:190 (7) - Again, move down to slightly overlap, it increases readable.
  12. 02:58:027 (5) - New combo, there is a jump+seperate pattern.
[Normal]

HP-1 OD+1 plz. or keep the OD, but HP -1 is a must for me.

1. 00:20:122 (5) - Spacing.
  2. 01:25:190 (1) - Oh gosh, looks better if you put it more down.
  3. :o 02:00:865 (1) - Same ^ but up instead.
  4. 02:48:906 (5) - I don't think this slider is necessary, please remove it. cause of 02:55:392 -

[Easy]
  1. 02:21:136 (3) - Place this higher and more to the right, looks way better.

Nice. Fix the blue and call me back.
Lanturn
Just a heads up. The SB wasn't made for widescreen support. I'd have to make a lot of changes to the SB to make it compatible with widescreen support :(
Topic Starter
samplefish

Tari wrote:

Hi

[General]

1. Enable Widescreen support. see lanturns post
[Hard]

1. 00:20:730 (1) - Normal sampleset+whistle here? this has the exact same instrument sound as the end of slider 00:19:514 (8) - which you added a normal sampleset and whistle too, just to be consistent you know. same instrument, but no kick.
  2. 00:27:217 (2) - Way too crowded, could you do a slight spacing increase here? like this http://puu.sh/d8rY0.jpg ok
  3. 01:16:271 (3) - The placement would be better and look nice with previous slider if you moved slightly up and to the left here. i dont think so
  4. 01:24:379 (5) - The anti-jump here would be better if you added a new combo here, and also because the kiai ends here I think it would fit really well with it here. ok
  5. 01:29:852 (5) - This note touches the hp bar, I would of liked if you could move it down a notch to prevent it, since its barely just touching the hp bar , by the surface. alright
  6. 01:36:338 (5) - Same as before, move this left and up and the overlap you wanted will be better. dont think so
  7. 01:39:379 (3) - Really prefer if you overlapped this by moving up a bit, would make my life so much better, and me like this map even more. really not sure what you mean here, if you mean for it to not perfectly overlap so it is more readable, i think it is okay since there is a lot of time in between the two.
  8. 02:11:406 (3) - Same as 01:16:271 (3) - i think its ok
  9. 02:22:757 (6) - Same, move right and higher and fix stacking and blankets of 02:23:365 (7,1) - its alright
  10. 02:49:514 (1) - Man the next slider would overlap better if you placed this slider to the left more. dont think so
  11. 02:55:190 (7) - Again, move down to slightly overlap, it increases readable. tried something new
  12. 02:58:027 (5) - New combo, there is a jump+seperate pattern. okay
[Normal]

HP-1 OD+1 plz. or keep the OD, but HP -1 is a must for me.

1. 00:20:122 (5) - Spacing. ok
  2. 01:25:190 (1) - Oh gosh, looks better if you put it more down. ok
  3. :o 02:00:865 (1) - Same ^ but up instead. ok
  4. 02:48:906 (5) - I don't think this slider is necessary, please remove it. cause of 02:55:392 - there are vocals here but not at the other spot

[Easy]
  1. 02:21:136 (3) - Place this higher and more to the right, looks way better. ok

Nice. Fix the blue and call me back.
thanks tari!
Setz
please tell me yuzuko is still in the SB.

OMG she is, i love you.
Tari
Let's have more song variety in osu!

Nice Job! , Well deserved heart ~
Little
Grats!
guineaQ
#Lanturn4EliteStoryboarder
Setz
yuzuko <3

grats!

lanturn for elite SBer
riffy
This is impressive! I love the map and storyboard <3
Flask
so awesome
Mint
gratz :)
Lanturn
Yay! Congrats Sampy :D
Myxo
Great map, congratz! o3o
Kyouren
Gratzz!

Funny SB~
p3n
StoryBoard is a piece of art.

Xgor
Oh dear this SB! such grace.

Still there is big chunks of unused transparency at Rainbow.png POCKY_Chocolate_1024x1024.png (And smaller chunks of unused transparency in the other difficulties) ... It's soo easy to pick up why can't any notice thaaaatt.

Also almost every works with widescreen so not having widescreen support makes no sense :|

And this is why looking at the folder for 1 minute is important before ranking a map!
Lanturn
When I first made this SB, I was just grabbing pics from online and using them as is. A few things could be done to optimize the file size better. I think in the end, it's about 100kb when I removed it both. I'm pretty sure it's nothing to disqualify over. I could probably save another 300kb resizing the pics as well. I was just lazy after making it as resizing and trimming would require a lot of rework.

16:9 would require quite a bit of adjusting for some pics, and I'd have to resize them even bigger to meet it. It also doesn't look bad in 4:3 anyways since nothing gets cut out.

If I showed you my 2mb (the .osb file) storyboard I'm fiddling around with, you'd probably want to kill me. lol
Topic Starter
samplefish
;-;
Sem
didn't see that this got ranked, good joib; I like this mapset :D
HappyRocket88
Love this map