posted
Total Posts
show more
Gumpy
Practice.
chainpullz

Gumpyyy wrote:

Practice.
Practice is such a pro player. I wish I could grow up and be just like him/her/it.
Yakuyan
Mouse has completely nothing to do with being able to read high ARs :?
E m i
Some people definitely can read AR10.3, but I for example freeze up on triples/streams/etc. (even at AR9.8...)
I also see no reason why would mouse make it any harder to play this AR, because mouse is generally better for fast snapping. Many mouse + (nothing/keyboard) players are literally launching their cursors towards circles. Whether they aim well is generally dependent on their muscle memory.
The fact that mouses are relatively big allows for a tight grip, and their weight actually allows faster movement (along with deterioration of the lower surface)
I also recommend lifting a lot. Finishing any marathon map mouse only was very hard for me.
buny
i got tablet and play ar15
Syphist

buny wrote:

i got tablet and play ar15
IKR, plus with a tablet you can stream 400 bpm maps. It's pretty awesome.
Rewben2
Plenty of 10.3 mouse players
Ichi
Aside of that, you should have a different mentality. If no one would have done it, why would it make sence to stop trying? don´t think, only you can limit your skills. just practice and enjoy the game. 10.3 will come and say hi one day.
winber1
no, it's not physically possible using a mouse

however it's possible if you use a tablet as a mouse pad
Vuelo Eluko

winber1 wrote:

no, it's not physically possible using a mouse
/thread
Weed
feels fine
E m i

bewaredrev wrote:

feels fine
your avatar seems to confirm this
Maus
It depends on the player. Obviously the top mouse players can do it.
[-Cloud-]
I heard rumors, that people with tablet suck at 10,3 too.
AmaiHachimitsu
Device and Approach Rate skills has nothing to do with each other.

End of Topic
ZenithPhantasm

Astar wrote:

I found no problems doing it with 400dpi mouse.
Teach me your ways senpai.
Practice_old_1

chainpullz wrote:

Gumpyyy wrote:

Practice.
Practice is such a pro player. I wish I could grow up and be just like him/her/it.
You can. You just need to practice.
GoldenWolf

chainpullz wrote:

them*
chainpullz

[-Cloud-] wrote:

I heard rumors, that people with tablet suck at 10,3 too.
Really? I heard rumors that people suck at osu! Better quit now.
B1rd

chainpullz wrote:

Really? I heard rumors that people suck at osu! Better quit now.
Can confirm.
-Soba-
I believe mice have better polling rates so I think that would imply you have more time to react on a mouse than a tablet. Not that it really matters which you use though

(not sure how accurate I am on this)
Saphirshroom

-Soba- wrote:

I believe mice have better polling rates so I think that would imply you have more time to react on a mouse than a tablet. Not that it really matters which you use though

If you're talking about input lag, that depends on the driver.
If you're talking about actual polling rate it makes no difference, tablet even has the advantage because it doesn't rely on polling rate at all, unless you're playing with the touchpad feature instead of the pen. Theoretically there is a difference, practically, probably not. And tablet is better off.
-Soba-

Saphirshroom wrote:

-Soba- wrote:

If you're talking about input lag, that depends on the driver.
If you're talking about actual polling rate it makes no difference, tablet even has the advantage because it doesn't rely on polling rate at all, unless you're playing with the touchpad feature instead of the pen. Theoretically there is a difference, practically, probably not. And tablet is better off.
I might be talking about input lag, I just heard mouse movements are read faster than pen movements
I Give Up
^ That's possible if using the mouse ps/2 port. Otherwise both have roughly same input lag.
ZenithPhantasm
How about a cup of coffee? I heard it can improve your reaction time by a tens of milliseconds, more so than any input lag fix. :)
chainpullz

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

How about a cup of coffee? I heard it can improve your reaction time by a tens of milliseconds, more so than any input lag fix. :)
I can confirm. And when you start playing like shit 2 hours later: more coffee.
E m i

chainpullz wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I can confirm. And when you start playing like shit 2 hours later: more coffee.
I remember that back when I was playing mouse only, 512mg of caffeine was a one-time fee to get better acc on airman. :|
And I can't beat my record since 3 months.
Caffeine really helps, but I recommend not taking it for a week once in a while to reset your tolerance.
First time feels unbelievable.
B1rd
I am on a caffeine high every waking hour.
chainpullz

B1rd wrote:

I run on coffee. Some days I wonder how I even make it down to the kitchen. It allows me to function less than 6 hrs of sleep every night.
GSG95

B1rd wrote:

Caffeine is life <3
ZenithPhantasm
I alternate between synephrine (bitter orange/bitter melon extract) and caffeine (usually coffee or energy drinks) in week-long intervals to avoid building a tolerence.
B1rd
I've been drinking coffee for years and don't have a tolerance.
chainpullz

B1rd wrote:

Basically this. If you think you are developing a tolerance then your coffee was never strong enough to begin with.
ZenithPhantasm

chainpullz wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Basically this. If you think you are developing a tolerance then your coffee was never strong enough to begin with.
Maybe its just me. I used to take stimulant medication for my ADHD when I was younger so my body may have built a tolerance from years of exposure.
Rewben2
Caffeine makes me feel sick :( I think it actually got worse over time, I remember I used to drink a load of coffee daily (Up to 5 cups) and I felt fine. Now a single cup makes my stomach feel ugh.

This is completely offtopic to the initial discussion but w/e
RaneFire

Rewben2 wrote:

Caffeine makes me feel sick :( I think it actually got worse over time, I remember I used to drink a load of coffee daily (Up to 5 cups) and I felt fine. Now a single cup makes my stomach feel ugh.
Welcome to the world of gastric problems. So did I, but now I drink only 1 kind of coffee, made from chicory root. People think of this as cheap coffee (it is), but at least there are more benefits for someone with my particular health condition, and I can stomach it quite fine. Others make me feel sick, and things also start to taste bad if they make you sick, so I don't miss other coffee's at all.

This is never going to go back on topic is it?
chainpullz

RaneFire wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

Welcome to the world of gastric problems. So did I, but now I drink only 1 kind of coffee, made from chicory root. People think of this as cheap coffee (it is), but at least there are more benefits for someone with my particular health condition, and I can stomach it quite fine. Others make me feel sick.

This is never going to go back on topic is it?
Forum mods only exist when they feel like it.