forum

Help buying mechanic kb

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
magas1908
Hello everyone i am looking to buy a mechanic keyboard for a long time now. even before i started playing osu so i believe its the right time to do so.
i live in greece and im going to buy the keyboard from the store and not order it from ebay/amazon etc.

the keyboards i can find in greece are the following
Steelseries G6V2 (black switches)
Collermaster tk (brown or blue switches)
Razer Blackwidow

what do you think i should get???

i dont play only osu! and im gonna use the keyboard on other games too.
any advice??
Gumpy
Steelseries G6V2 or Collermaster tk
I Give Up
If you're gonna buy it from the tech store, you can always ask the guy if you can try it out first. Just bring your laptop or whatever and test run with osu then pick out whichever you like.
Topic Starter
magas1908

Gumpyyy wrote:

well im thinking of one of those 2 but what switches do you think i should buy? black blue or brown???
Topic Starter
magas1908

KukiMonster wrote:

If you're gonna buy it from the tech store, you can always ask the guy if you can try it out first. Just bring your laptop or whatever and test run with osu then pick out whichever you like.
well i have tried the razer keyboard and a steelseries not g6v2 that had black switches .
and those stores that sell the coolermaster keyboards etc they dont have the keyboards for test. they are all sealed
Gumpy

magas1908 wrote:

Gumpyyy wrote:

well i'm thinking of one of those 2 but what switches do you think i should buy? black blue or brown???
Any off them since all mechs are better than rubberdome
jesse1412
Black switch masterrace, stream like me 300bpm ez pz.
Blueprint
buy blacks or don't buy any I don't recommend reds
otoed1
Not sure with were allowed to post links or not, but personally i'm looking at the CM storm quickfire rapid tenkeyless with Cherry mx reds. Its cheap compared to other keyboards at 80$ right now. It doesn't have any of the special features most keyboards have, but I am not interested in those features to begin with, and I need a small keyboard because my desk is relatively small anyways. You can find it on amazon. It also comes in Blue, brown and green switches,and full size but for a little more expensive. I'd take a look at that if I were you, if your looking for a good, cheap keyboard.
Vuelo Eluko

magas1908 wrote:

Steelseries G6V2 (black switches)
i have this exact same one and i have to say its quite nice, even though I got it used I have no complaints about it. It's pretty well built, the switches are consistent and the cord is incredibly heavy duty, almost like the kind you'd find on a buzzsaw or some other powertool, and seems like it will last a lifetime or 2. CM's are also pretty well built which I can say because I previously owned one as well, the wires seem flimsier but they're just micro USB cables that are detatchable so they can be replaced easily, this makes it easier to move the keyboard around or store it.

whatever you decide to do, avoid the blackwidow. it's built like a toy. not the sturdy kind of toy, like those old mcdonalds happymeal toys from when i was younger, but like a foam disc shooter you buy at the dollar store. you'll regret it immediately or in the not-too-distant future. the Mountain dew "Tropical Blast" switches razer uses are also ridiculous and have cheap chinese stems that will break easily.

jesus1412 wrote:

Black switch masterrace, stream like me 300bpm ez pz.
also this
FrzR
I prefer the CoolerMaster TK. Don't buy the Blackwidow. srs

Red Switches are my preference but it depends on you. :)