been rooting for them ever since s1mple joined :D
Lambykinz
Just want to say that Liquid threw against Luminosity T_T smh
California

Lambykinz wrote:

Just want to say that Liquid threw against Luminosity T_T smh
I almost cried on the second map
Lambykinz
So frustrating to watch... WarOwl actually did a video on the match, calling it the "biggest choke in CounterStrike history" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ElPvR3kupM

Some of the things Liquid was doing were just confusing... especially that Mirage A take when they seemed to fake it at first but then went in anyways... so weird.

My friend thinks some match-fixing was going on but I don't think it was that extreme... really hard to watch those games regardless. :\
California

Lambykinz wrote:

So frustrating to watch... WarOwl actually did a video on the match, calling it the "biggest choke in CounterStrike history" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ElPvR3kupM

Some of the things Liquid was doing were just confusing... especially that Mirage A take when they seemed to fake it at first but then went in anyways... so weird.

My friend thinks some match-fixing was going on but I don't think it was that extreme... really hard to watch those games regardless. :\
math fixing at the semi finals of a major? Highly doubtful
It seemed like LG just adapted and happened to win every clutch round.
They did a similar comeback vs Na'vi at the finals on Mirage which is even more impressive
It seemed like Liquid, who aren't a good tactical team, were too scared to play how they usually do (with the nerves of closing the map)
After a few rounds of them going for aggro picks and getting shut down, they tried to execute, but got hard countered by LG.
KinkiN
skillwise, i think Liquid is good enough to beat EU tier 1 teams ( which they did )

the problem lies within NA mentality ( as you can see on the major, even the fans are toxic ) no offense tho to you Americanos. cheers
i thought only Hiko that have good mentality

That's why Liquid can't close the map. lost 1-2 rounds in a row when they can win and their mental would broke.
California

KinkiN wrote:

skillwise, i think Liquid is good enough to beat EU tier 1 teams ( which they did )
Liquid do have the firepower to beat a tier 1 team, but with the peaked adreN gone, koosta filling in, and nitr0 heavily underperforming, Liquid are in a gray zone rn
I don't think adreN can come up to the level he performed this major again. It's not like igl duties were the only thing keeping away from performing at a pretty decent level. Even when he was in ibp with dazed as igl, he wasn't fragging out. I really hope he does prove me wrong though.

KinkiN wrote:

the problem lies within NA mentality ( as you can see on the major, even the fans are toxic ) no offense tho to you Americanos. cheers
i thought only Hiko that have good mentality
I don't really understand what you mean by "mentality." If you mean composure, I agree completely. They choked their two leads and gave up 15 match points. Since they never got to such a high placement for a tournament of this caliber before, I think the nerves got to them. LG have been in majors before and many big tournaments, so they can work from their experience and keep calm and grind out the rounds.
As for the fans being toxic, I don't think it's fair to say that from the major, we can see NA fans are toxic. Literally every fanbase has toxic people in it. I thought the crowd showed a decent amount of respect for the other team. Of course, if you're going to play against a team from the home soil, you should expect the crowd to cheer against you.

Also, rip ex6 :(
KinkiN

California wrote:

Liquid do have the firepower to beat a tier 1 team, but with the peaked adreN gone, koosta filling in, and nitr0 heavily underperforming, Liquid are in a gray zone rn
I don't think adreN can come up to the level he performed this major again. It's not like igl duties were the only thing keeping away from performing at a pretty decent level. Even when he was in ibp with dazed as igl, he wasn't fragging out. I really hope he does prove me wrong though.
adreN usually only performs good in LAN. and Liquid only needs Hiko as in game caller (not IGL since they have coach James now ) so koosta is definitely a better choice. but now they have 2 heavy AWPers and that's the bad point.

I think that Tarik is obv a better choice compared to koosta but yeah, atm Tarik is loyal for CLG

California wrote:

I don't really understand what you mean by "mentality." If you mean composure, I agree completely. They choked their two leads and gave up 15 match points. Since they never got to such a high placement for a tournament of this caliber before, I think the nerves got to them. LG have been in majors before and many big tournaments, so they can work from their experience and keep calm and grind out the rounds.
As for the fans being toxic, I don't think it's fair to say that from the major, we can see NA fans are toxic. Literally every fanbase has toxic people in it. I thought the crowd showed a decent amount of respect for the other team. Of course, if you're going to play against a team from the home soil, you should expect the crowd to cheer against you.

Also, rip ex6 :(
i'd rather call that as "mentality" not "composure", as i means it's their personality ( mental state ) that's bad

NA players tends to blame others ( teammates ) if they made mistakes. As you can see EU and SA teams hardly do that ( even if they do blame but not in extreme extent such as what NA team does )

and about the fans. if you heard that "na na na na hey hey hey goodbye " chant on fnc vs Astralis match, you would understand what i mean by "toxic" but i do agree not all of NA fans are toxic ;)
( i mean i never heard that goodbye chant in Katowice nor Cologne lmao xD )

and last, ex6tenz. idk why the fak he's called as the best IGL in the world. imo a good IGL would have to be good at all aspects in the game ( strats, aim, and AWP so they can fill any role when a teammate dies ). Happy ( RiP EnVy no need to tell me that ) and Karrigan are good examples, but not ex6. both Happy and Karrigan knew how to use their teammates correctly, ex6 doesn't

pls gib me pins i will pay with skins ty :"(
California

KinkiN wrote:

NA players tends to blame others ( teammates ) if they made mistakes. As you can see EU and SA teams hardly do that ( even if they do blame but not in extreme extent such as what NA team does )
source for this? I've never seen any interviews where pros talk about teammates blaming each other often. The few times when team comms were released, it seemed pretty okay iirc. I believe the most recent comms were from the first esl esea finals which showed all of c9's comms. I haven't watched it for a while, but I don't remember anything particularly bad.

KinkiN wrote:

and about the fans. if you heard that "na na na na hey hey hey goodbye " chant on fnc vs Astralis match, you would understand what i mean by "toxic" but i do agree not all of NA fans are toxic ;)
( i mean i never heard that goodbye chant in Katowice nor Cologne lmao xD )
esl cologne 2015 rip olof :o

KinkiN wrote:

and last, ex6tenz. idk why the fak he's called as the best IGL in the world. imo a good IGL would have to be good at all aspects in the game ( strats, aim, and AWP so they can fill any role when a teammate dies ). Happy ( RiP EnVy no need to tell me that ) and Karrigan are good examples, but not ex6. both Happy and Karrigan knew how to use their teammates correctly, ex6 doesn't
He's really only called the best IGL in the world by a small group of people, namely Thoriin, who basically idolizes him. I just feel sad for the pros who were at the top of the scene in the early days drop off so much (rip nip, vp, vg, hr)

edit: Liquid also need to prove themselves DH malmo that the run at MLG Columbus was not a one time thing...pls dont' be like c9's summer run
KinkiN

California wrote:

source for this? I've never seen any interviews where pros talk about teammates blaming each other often. The few times when team comms were released, it seemed pretty okay iirc. I believe the most recent comms were from the first esl esea finals which showed all of c9's comms. I haven't watched it for a while, but I don't remember anything particularly bad.
I watched a lot of NA streams and POVs. I know i can't compare faceit league with their own pro teams but yeah

California wrote:

esl cologne 2015 rip olof :o
oh yeah forgot about that one but it's only "booooo". i think the recent MLG is more disrespectful
what do you expect from VP fanboiz

California wrote:

He's really only called the best IGL in the world by a small group of people, namely Thoriin, who basically idolizes him. I just feel sad for the pros who were at the top of the scene in the early days drop off so much (rip nip, vp, vg, hr)

edit: Liquid also need to prove themselves DH malmo that the run at MLG Columbus was not a one time thing...pls dont' be like c9's summer run
Thooriin Thooriin. he's just so......... lmao

Liquid vs LG dude potentially. this is the last chance for Liquid to prove themselves. I'm LG fanboi though so i will root for LG
California
I really like LG, but there's just something about coldzera that really tilts me for some reason. Just looking at his face puts me on tilt. Next thing I know, I'm rooting for the other team.
KinkiN

California wrote:

I really like LG, but there's just something about coldzera that really tilts me for some reason. Just looking at his face puts me on tilt. Next thing I know, I'm rooting for the other team.
you spelled it wrong. it's GODzera :D
Sky Shaymin

KinkiN wrote:

you spelled it wrong. it's GODzera :D
The man who tilted an entire nation.
California
Really glad to see NiP finally win one after such a long time
KinkiN
so today, Inferno was taken out from Active Duty map and Nuke was readded. Inferno was one of my fav maps so this is clearly a sad news for me (besides i can't really play nuke lol sad life)

and Prime Matchmaking. it's still have flaws but i think it's a correct step to deny the smurfies and cheaters

what do you guys think about today's update?
California
Inferno is probably my most played map and I get 10~20 fps on new nuke
S1mple leaves liquid to moves back to EU :(
Prime MM sounds good in practice, but haven't tried it yet
Overall a pretty shitty day man
-Maus-
cyka blyat
He Ang CTB
Why do NORMAL difficulty bots ALWAYS do ridiculously well against me (human player), like killing me with shotgun headshots from 200 units away repeatedly while I'm running with a knife, prefiring around a corner with a 5-7 and always land headshot with the first bullet, totally obliterating my existence with a UMP from 300 units away in less than a second before I can even spot their pixel size presence while I'm in mid-air jumping from crate to crate etc. But when bots face off against bots, they both look at each other, stand completely still for 2 seconds, proceeds to purposely aiming the crosshair outside of each others' hitbox, then act like retards, couldn't even hit each other with 50 bullets of full Negrev spam at almost point blank range down a tight narrow hallway while both of them are standing absolutely still. :X Do bots have a special hate for humans or something?
KinkiN

He Ang Erika wrote:

Why do NORMAL difficulty bots ALWAYS do ridiculously well against me (human player), like killing me with shotgun headshots from 200 units away repeatedly while I'm running with a knife, prefiring around a corner with a 5-7 and always land headshot with the first bullet, totally obliterating my existence with a UMP from 300 units away in less than a second before I can even spot their pixel size presence while I'm in mid-air jumping from crate to crate etc. But when bots face off against bots, they both look at each other, stand completely still for 2 seconds, proceeds to purposely aiming the crosshair outside of each others' hitbox, then act like retards, couldn't even hit each other with 50 bullets of full Negrev spam at almost point blank range down a tight narrow hallway while both of them are standing absolutely still. :X Do bots have a special hate for humans or something?
BOT aims are pretty damn accurate (even easy bots) what make them difference is likely the time they will kill you. e.g maybe easy bots will kill you with hs 5 secs after you encounter them and expert bots will kill you 2 secs after you encounter them

basically, you just have to kill the bot faster.

And i think nowdays most SE players can hold a positive k/d rating against hard/expert bots so make sure you practice more!

and stop using ump and negev against bots, it's best to use AK or M4 against bots, for practice purposes
Jdn
Rurree
This game is so fun but I'm not experienced at FPS games so yeah, I mostly get rekt every game but I'm learning bit by bit and I'm having fun while doing it.
GSG95
i actually managed to play deathmatch with my toaster internet. it'll probably be another 5 years before i play cs again.

i really do miss playing comp games with the other 4 retards i always play with.
Jellyblob
x
Rumberkren

GSG95 wrote:

with the other 4 retards i always play with.
this is sadly true :'(

Jellyblob56 wrote:

Surf is the only fun thing on this game :^)
surf_kitsune EZ finish :^)
Mousr
this game got me. currently stuck in GN1, also i have longer playtime than osu. unless, i still love osu!:D
Jellyblob
x
AutoMedic
GSG95
surf_kitsune is the dust2 of surf maps.
Jellyblob
x
GSG95
nah i thought people have always been voting for kitsune. it bored me so i would just surf offline since chances of any other map being picked are pretty much 0% if kitsune was an option.
Jellyblob
x
Tr3ntSteel
I wish I wasn't such a scrub at shooters lol
Rurree
i just hope i could have a game where in 90% of my teammates don't use an AWP
GSG95
I love it when I get possessed Scream.
Tr3ntSteel

Rurree wrote:

i just hope i could have a game where in 90% of my teammates don't use an AWP

lmao I used to only use the awp but sucked too hard to continue so now I just practice the m4
GSG95

Tr3ntSteel wrote:

lmao I used to only use the awp but sucked too hard to continue so now I just practice the m4
I never used the AWP. I could do "okay" with it but, I just left that to my friends. I played as their Entry Fragger/Rifler most of the time.

It's also a good thing that you're practicing the rifles early on. Once you know how to use the AK and the M4, you get one of the basics out of the way. Then the AK will be ur waifu <3
Tr3ntSteel

GSG95 wrote:

Tr3ntSteel wrote:

I never used the AWP. I could do "okay" with it but, I just left that to my friends. I played as their Entry Fragger/Rifler most of the time.

It's also a good thing that you're practicing the rifles early on. Once you know how to use the AK and the M4, you get one of the basics out of the way. Then the AK will be ur waifu <3
I have always been a rifle man lol but that is really good to know, maybe I won't be a total scrub after all :D
repr1se
Got frustrated with randoms in matchmaking at DMG.

Went to CEVO and heard squeakers.

Squeakers that were friendly and discussed patches and strats.

I love CEVO.
show more