forum

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

posted
Total Posts
show more
[- Alex -]

Yuzuru wrote:

GSG95 wrote:

What happens if there is someone with a higher rank in your party?
As in, one Gold Nova and four Silvers? Do you go against people with higher ranks?
God knows. maybe yes, maybe no
Yes, you are playing vs silvers if you are gold nova. But, if you lose that game steam takes it like "you suck" and it can demote you from nova. (if you are last place or idk).
GSG95
Yes, you are playing vs silvers if you are gold nova. But, if you lose that game steam takes it like "you suck" and it can demote you from nova. (if you are last place or idk).
Hey, thanks for answering my question. I would reward you but I ran out of Battle Scarred Famas | Colony's
[- Alex -]

GSG95 wrote:

Hey, thanks for answering my question. I would reward you but I ran out of Battle Scarred Famas | Colony's
loool. No need. I hate skins anyway.
rzkadi

GSG95 wrote:

What happens if there is someone with a higher rank in your party?
As in, one Gold Nova and four Silvers? Do you go against people with higher ranks?
your party will be matched up against ppl with the highest rank on your party (most of case i know and based on my own experience)
B1rd
I've tried this game. I don't like it though because the guns control like shit. I feel like they're that way just to add an artificial skill ceiling, and you have to spend hundreds of hours just to learn how to shoot properly so you can compete.
rzkadi

B1rd wrote:

I've tried this game. I don't like it though because the guns control like shit. I feel like they're that way just to add an artificial skill ceiling, and you have to spend hundreds of hours just to learn how to shoot properly so you can compete.
it's the same as osu, you have to spend hundreds of hours just to learn how to aim and click circle properly :P
[ yogurt ]
One more to go, lads. One more to go.

B1rd wrote:

Recoil control is the simplest thing to learn in this game.
PatZar
i dont have rank help me
Setsuna
LEM/LE/DMG accounts owned by me.

Smurfs using my friends account and my AK1

Message me on Osu! if you want to play with me btw :).
GSG95
Before the match ritual:

1. Open console

2. Type in "ignoremsg"
420Guy
Just reached LEM on 69fps / 800x600 res and soloqueue. Must be a lucky day 8-)
Navizel
Hi.
Is CS:GO's matchmaker random? I'm always getting matched with higher ranks in competitive even though I'm unranked. I don't really like getting carried by higher ranked cause I'm not going to improve by that.
FuZ

Navizel wrote:

Hi.
Is CS:GO's matchmaker random? I'm always getting matched with higher ranks in competitive even though I'm unranked. I don't really like getting carried by higher ranked cause I'm not going to improve by that.
When you're unranked the game tries to find your skill level and you are matched with pretty much everything, after your "placement games" you will be given a grade and you should be matched with people near your current grade
Navizel
Well, getting matched with high ranks make me and them lose. I don't want to ruin higher ranks. I also don't like how you need to get 10 wins. I guess I'm used to League and Dota's placement games.
Setsuna

Navizel wrote:

Hi.
It depends on your ping which translates to available players, and rank itself.

As far as I am concerned, here's how it works.

If there's not enough players for a certain map (let's say train for instance) and it reached an x amount of time, it will start to get less strict on its rank gap. Let's say you were Gold Nova Three, and there were Master Guardian 1s or 2s qeueing, you might get paired with them. As for regions where there are many players (mainly US and both Western EU or Eastern EU *ties into russia as well*), this will not happen as much.

You also have the power to change your acceptable ping from 50 to 300, so the lower the ping is the better, but may or may not have less players.

As you get to the bottom and top of the ladder (Silver - Silver Three, or LEM - Global Elite), that's really only the time where you don't know what rank you might go against unless you are qeued with a team of mixed ranks. There are times where I am on my DMG account and I get paired with MG2s to LEs, but for the most part, it's usually all DMGs and one or two outliars like an MGE or an LE. When I am on my LEM (and formerly Supreme), I wouldn't be surprised if it was a mix of LEM Supremes and Globals. Otherwise, the ranking is pretty much uniformed.

So to answer your question, no CSGO matchmaker is not random, it's just really less strict at the middle levels because the skill between is Gold Novas and Master Guardians are very close. That and there's many smurfs between GNM to DMG. Unranked ladders are different, it's very innacurate,but depending if you solo qeued or played with a team higher than MGE, you might be able to reach (LE-LEM???) in around 8 or perfect 10 wins.
Topic Starter
Frostmourne
Is there anyone from Australia up for csgo this week? I would rather play with you!
Tsukimi Luna
im in Australia too....

Whats your rank....?

I'm MGE.....Trying to soloqueue my way to DMG but doesnt seem like its gonna work qwq

mfw when i look back on my old post and found this

I have a deranking smurfing acount at SE atm...
Can't believe that I used to be that bad......

Jesus
Topic Starter
Frostmourne

Yuu-Chii wrote:

im in Australia too....

Whats your rank....?

I'm MGE.....Trying to soloqueue my way to DMG but doesnt seem like its gonna work qwq

mfw when i look back on my old post and found this

Jesus
mind talk in game?
we shall do it now lol
Tsukimi Luna
ok sure m8...........

steam id pl0x
[ yogurt ]

Yuu-Chii wrote:

You're still bad if you just make a deranking smurf to wreck retards. Do people really feel better when they shit on people playing like monkeys? Also stop using these multi dots it's annoying and serves zero purpose.
Tsukimi Luna
The thing is i just mess around and let them win lol.......

and i do it with a pre-made team just for giggles

And I even made some friends in the process.....
Setsuna

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

Yuu-Chii wrote:

You're still bad if you just make a deranking smurf to wreck retards. Do people really feel better when they shit on people playing like monkeys? Also stop using these multi dots it's annoying and serves zero purpose.

I am LEM. I have a DMG smurf. They are bad compared to people I play against and with. Are they retards?
[ yogurt ]

- ISetsunaI - wrote:

I am LEM. I have a DMG smurf. They are bad compared to people I play against and with. Are they retards?
"Deranking" smurf obviously refers to getting as low as Silver ranks, not DMG. And Silvers are fps retarded, you can't end up there unless you never played any fps. Even my brother who had 0 CS experience prior got placed at GN4.

DMG is still bad and there's a lot of people who have problems thinking there tho.
Setsuna

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

- ISetsunaI - wrote:

"Deranking" smurf obviously refers to getting as low as Silver ranks, not DMG. And Silvers are fps retarded, you can't end up there unless you never played any fps. Even my brother who had 0 CS experience prior got placed at GN4.

DMG is still bad and there's a lot of people who have problems thinking there tho.
I don't know. Many DMG players are either former LE players or lucky MG2/MGEs that got in a win streak or got carried. Anywhere under LEM feels like you don't know who you will go against. There were times that I have tried carrying my friends in GN or MG where I get caught off guard by other smurfs.

Honestly, America's matchmaking system is so dull in CS:GO. There's too many asshats that plays comp, so I usually play with my friends or team. I tried giving FaceIt and CEVO a try. While league's level of play is slightly higher than matchmaking (I am a non-subscribed member, meaning I am not in a ranked league in faceit, just free ones), I am not competitive enough to even bother wanting to pay for a sub and climb the ladders.

I think there's no level of difference between LEMs and Globals. Just experience. Personally, I am thinking of quitting CS:GO because it got more meh for me.
repr1se
CSGO is a great game. I want to love it.

I want to.

I'm always matched against smurfs. The occasional cheater, but mainly smurfs. I'm MG2. There's almost always an SMFC/LEM smurf in my game, and since I queue with friends, they're always on the other team. I've deranked because of this. Looking at my gameplay, I'd put myself at MGE, DMG if I'm being optimistic. I know I'm not the best but I at least deserve a fair game. CSGO's matchmaking doesn't allow for that.

/end rant
rzkadi

FrostxE wrote:

Is there anyone from Australia up for csgo this week? I would rather play with you!
when will we que together again? :(
PatZar
http://steamcommunity.com/id/genocide-osu invite

i have no rank sad still lvl 1
Arief Santosa
Like a Terorrist
Advantan

ez
Setsuna

Repr1se wrote:

I want to.

I'm always matched against smurfs. The occasional cheater, but mainly smurfs. I'm MG2. There's almost always an SMFC/LEM smurf in my game, and since I queue with friends, they're always on the other team. I've deranked because of this. Looking at my gameplay, I'd put myself at MGE, DMG if I'm being optimistic. I know I'm not the best but I at least deserve a fair game. CSGO's matchmaking doesn't allow for that.

/end rant
You must be very unlucky, most smurfs play on GN or Silver. How do you even know they are LEM/SMFC? When I smurf, I don't go around saying "Hey, you guys should feel better, I am actually an LEM which makes this game a challenge for you guys :D!".
LinkPvP
I dont have this game but I REALLY WANT IT. I had it for like a month because my friend gave me an account with it on it but he took it back so I havent played it since. ;w; I do really want to play again! ;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;
Advantan

:WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:
;w;w;w;w; >//////<
repr1se

- ISetsunaI - wrote:

Repr1se wrote:

I want to.

/end rant
You must be very unlucky, most smurfs play on GN or Silver. How do you even know they are LEM/SMFC? When I smurf, I don't go around saying "Hey, you guys should feel better, I am actually an LEM which makes this game a challenge for you guys :D!".
They don't. They rank up fast out of Silver/GN. I was placed in Silver 4 when I first started and when I got to GN, I got to MG1 within one week.

I've asked, and of the people that answered, they were SMFC/LEM, and they weren't trolling.
MrDraconite
Nothing better than the feeling of everyone having mics and no one being an ass when you solo queue in CSGO Competitive :)
GSG95

MrDraconite wrote:

Nothing better than the feeling of everyone having mics and no one being an ass when you solo queue in CSGO Competitive :)
I wish I was as lucky as you.
Jarvis
That moment when you rank up at 5 AM and feel the need to wake up people in your house
Gumpy
I think i'm MGE atm probably will be dmg soon since MGE is kinda easy imo.

MrDraconite wrote:

Aliens
KinkiN
I was GN2 (now GNM tho)
and then i decided to buy a new account to play on silver level to blow off the heat
at first i throw games to let me play in silvers MM
but then my team still win, so i carry on playing seriously
after 10 matches win, my second account got placed on DMG

GN2 ----> DMG

tl;dr : how i love smurfs whom making me stuck at GN forever
PatZar
103mb update for wat
rzkadi

PatZar wrote:

103mb update for wat
for umbilical cords style defuse
show more