Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

posted
Total Posts
show more
EneT

Yuzuru wrote:

EneT wrote:

wut, I got Gold Nova 1 in my placements a while back
not really "good", because ppl from csgo Indo group can achieve DMG with 10 wins :p
Yes, I was just stating that I have no idea how you guys find it hard to get out of silver when I got into gold nova 1 with no past experience with CS other than playing it when I was around 4, also I stated "a while back" so don't assume I'm a new player, by a "while back" I meant 2 years ago. Plus, saying ppl from indo server can get into DMG with 10 wins is not a big deal since ppl from different servers can achieve LEM in placements

edit: I'm assuming that silver must be harder these days due to more smurfs etc. but I wouldn't know since I've never played at that level
domSaur
I'm at Silver Right now(currently hidden since i haven't played for some time)..

well, I Lose the games i do great and win(or lose) the games i suck :s
KinkiN

EneT wrote:

not really "good", because ppl from csgo Indo group can achieve DMG with 10 wins :p
Yes, I was just stating that I have no idea how you guys find it hard to get out of silver when I got into gold nova 1 with no past experience with CS other than playing it when I was around 4, also I stated "a while back" so don't assume I'm a new player, by a "while back" I meant 2 years ago. Plus, saying ppl from indo server can get into DMG with 10 wins is not a big deal since ppl from different servers can achieve LEM in placements

edit: I'm assuming that silver must be harder these days due to more smurfs etc. but I wouldn't know since I've never played at that level
smurfers these days .. yeah. They're hard to deal if they're your enemy, but can make you win easily if they're on your teams

The main problem is silvers these days are all deaf and blind, didn't hear to the instructions thus leading to ultimate defeat. I can do very well if I'm with my friends even though they're all silvers, but when I'm solo queuing 70% i would lose

In the recent match, i tried to play with my DMG friends. even with 600~900 ping and several DCs i can do 3 kill and 3 assist, which i think it's quite decent considering my enemies are MGE and DMG and I'm lagging + DC + still a silver
Nuolong
I'm thinking about getting this game, anything I should know about it?
Besides saying "it will suck you in" "say goodbye to your life" "too addicting"
Just tell me what I should know about gameplay.
Looks like fun and everyone I know plays it 8-)
Maji

NolanM wrote:

Cheating is easy and plentiful and makes many turn away from CS:GO, if you play valve's built in competitive matchmaking system. You'll run into cheaters fairly often if you're unlucky, but I think it happens less often at lower ranks. Not saying you should avoid matchmaking, but more of a heads up.

There are alternatives to it like cevo, faceit, and esea.

Or you can play on casual servers (i.e deathmatch, arms race, demolition) or community servers.

Too many community server types to list, but some examples are minigames, surf, arena, ffa, etc.

Skins are a thing. Will cost you money. Unavoidable. Knives.
- Alexmal -

NolanM wrote:

Before going MM and getting your rank play about 100 hours on public servers, learn every weapon and maps :D

May be we can play together ;)
LCrescent

NolanM wrote:

Just random bits of misc advice, in no particular order:
It's one of those games where you'll spend a while being dead weight before you get good. If you get it, before you go into competitive, spend a while doing deathmatch until you get the hang of controlling recoil and stopping to shoot (if you're not standing still, you're lucky to hit anything in this game; recoil in this game doesn't move your crosshair, so if you're firing a five shot burst, by the end of it you'll have to drag down so you're aiming beneath where you actually wanna hit). One of the best things a new player can do to improve is to try to always walk around with your crosshair at head level, because headshots from almost anything instantly kill, and shooting feet does way less damage than the body, etc. You'll naturally want to aim at the floor when you're running around getting from one place to another, just try to suppress that urge. Understand how the grenades work: if you walk through a smoke, you lose your vision until you come out of it. Anyone looking at you when you come out of it gets to see you before you get to see them, therefore walking through a smoke into enemy territory is usually guaranteed death. Block off places with smokes and use them to make cover when you're trying to go into places where you don't have any (know there's a sniper aiming down a long road? Throw a smoke toward them. They now can't see you). Flashes make people go blind if they look at them while they explode, if you see one, look away from it. Throw them into places where you expect enemies to be camped and come out when you hear it pop, and you'll have some time to shoot them before they get to see you. Explosive grenades and molotovs just mean you have to move away or take damage, be aware that they won't ever instakill you from full health. In this game you have money, you get more of it for winning than you do for losing, and you get little bonuses for killing people and planting the bomb. The only way to get equipment is to buy it with this money (or murder someone and take it), and teams without equipment almost always lose. Sometimes you just play with no gear for a couple rounds to save up until your whole team can buy guns. Don't be afraid to eco, which just means to buy nothing. You can also drop guns for players that have no money if you have some spare. That's the basics, I think. Lastly, once you know how to shoot, don't be afraid to play competitive: it's not as serious as it sounds and if you do bad at first, you just get easier opponents. Look up a dude called WarOwl on Youtube, he makes great tutorials.
rzkadi
got ranked up again into LEM. last 5 game without hacker indeed was really good
KinkiN

rzkadi wrote:

boost me plz mz
Wishs
Hello, I'm loking for some people to play with. I'm playing in EU region. Not sure about my ping in other regions. I'm currently in MG.
[ yogurt ]

rzkadi wrote:

last 5 game without hacker
How jealous I am. Europe is infested with cheaters.

I just want a fair game goddamnit.
rzkadi

Yuzuru wrote:

rzkadi wrote:

boost me plz mz
sure, if you have spare id around your level, cause all of my smurf already at MGE/MG levels.

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

rzkadi wrote:

last 5 game without hacker
How jealous I am. Europe is infested with cheaters.

I just want a fair game goddamnit.
i am taking back my words, today i played 5 games and all of it were filled with cheaters
[- Melqart -]
gold nova master on my 2nd account
it's easier than silver

also got 7 day cooldown because my friends felt the need to kick me gg
GSG95
I am below silver.
EneT

GSG95 wrote:

I am below silver.
So basically you have no rank
Tsukimi Luna
GNM looking for people to lobby with in and around AU region </3
Ryzon_old
Wooo We Need A Page On The Forums About The Money Waste Sim 2015 :)
EneT

Ryzon wrote:

Wooo We Need A Page On The Forums About The Money Waste Sim 2015 :)
Its up to the player on whether it's a money waste or not. If you want to spend all your money in trying to get a knife and failing then yes, it is a money waste. If you choose to use your money wisely then it isn't and you may also gain profit
KinkiN
EneT

Yuzuru wrote:

Juicy
KinkiN
btw, you have no money / don't want to waste your money on shit game like CSGO, but want to open the damn boxes?

worry not, This fits perfectly to the criteria. I usually spends my free time testing my luck there
Magicphoenix

Yuzuru wrote:

btw, you have no money / don't want to waste your money on shit game like CSGO, but want to open the damn boxes?

worry not, This fits perfectly to the criteria. I usually spends my free time testing my luck there
So I actually counted 10 Chroma 2 Cases' rewards, what I got are:

2 CZ75-Auto Pole Position (purple)
1 UMP-45 Grand Prix (purple)
1 AK-47 Elite Build (blue)
6 Desert Eagle Bronze Deco (blue) <--- I think this thing is broken :(

ed: 2 more tries, 2 more Bronze Decos. I'm gonna stop now
KinkiN

Magicphoenix wrote:

Yuzuru wrote:

So I actually counted 10 Chroma 2 Cases' rewards, what I got are:

2 CZ75-Auto Pole Position (purple)
1 UMP-45 Grand Prix (purple)
1 AK-47 Elite Build (blue)
6 Desert Eagle Bronze Deco (blue) <--- I think this thing is broken :(

ed: 2 more tries, 2 more Bronze Decos. I'm gonna stop now
I think i opened about 400 cases there and only 2-3 red lol
Tsukimi Luna
Open cases for the lels....

If you think you can get weapon skins cheaper by uncasing....

Nope

If you like certain skins.... just buy it straight out...
Uncasing is almost 99.9% that you will lose out.... really
Maeglwn
looking for US MG-eagle players to play with a team of 5
[- Melqart -]

congratulations on winning, now you can't play anymore.
Trauter
LE-LEM looking for players to play with :D or carry to supreme
rzkadi
today is a good day
[- Melqart -]
no, today is a bad day
sold my ak and awp redline to open cases, but ended up getting 6 blues
GSG95
I got a pole position.
Topic Starter
Frostmourne

rzkadi wrote:

today is a good day
Please carry me to smfc senpai >:(
Lord-Skare
cs 1.6 > cs go
[- Melqart -]
*grabs popcorn*
ZenithPhantasm
Got to MG1 today (24 wins) and also got this beast of a shot in said rank up game
Maeglwn

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Got to MG1 today (24 wins) and also got this beast of a shot in said rank up game
I hate to burst your bubble but that's just a regular flickshot

gz on mg1 though
California
wtf is with the new knife sound?
Tsukimi Luna
I am Master Guardian I on my main account and decided to reroll purely on soloqueue and got this

My reaction is

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

GSG95
My very bad computer died in the middle of competitive matchmaking and now I have to deal with a 24 hour cooldown before going again.

Please kill me.
Nameless
I've had this game for 8 months, but I've hardly played it. I should probably get better at it.
GSG95
Five-Seven | Kami is BAEEEE
show more