forum

Is there demand for BMS converts?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jin Xero
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4kq6fugj9r1r ... V3Coa?dl=0

Link to the folder with some converts. If you guys want more, let me know specific songs.
Topic Starter
Aqo

Hazelnut- wrote:

7+1k BMS but I want more official charts (not SP levels)
What do you mean by official charts? The original song pack? Those tend to have only a Normal/Hyper/Another where the another is usually easier than SP1
Pinecone

Aqo wrote:

Hazelnut- wrote:

7+1k BMS but I want more official charts (not SP levels)
What do you mean by official charts? The original song pack? Those tend to have only a Normal/Hyper/Another where the another is usually easier than SP1
Yup. In my opinion, there are plenty of hard BMS converts by Davteezy and Doorknob. What we need are more BMS files with keysounds and actual 7+1k like they were meant to be played. Since the difficulties won't be as hard, it would be a good way to train people who aren't quite ready for SPs yet. (and lot of the high-quality charts are from original song packs....)

and thanks for the link jin!
Kamikaze
That could go as separated lower diffs Aqo asked about
Topic Starter
Aqo
The problem is that by adding keysounds you end up with files that are 80MB per song... as much as I'd love to have keysounds in osu, I think that people wanting to play with keysounds should just go and play actual bms on LR2.
The only reason to play those converts in osu and not LR2 is the fact that osu has multiplayer, and nobody's going to wait for a download that big in a room with several people online; I want to focus on keeping the file sizes small so that people can actually play those files together in multiplayer easily.
Bobbias
It's a shame that it would be a pain to provide both keysounded and non, since that would satisfy both sides. I don't give a rat's ass about multi though, so I'd be fine with keysounded only, but I suppose that's just me. I certainly understand how awful it would be to play multi with 80mb downloads lol.
Topic Starter
Aqo
Well again if you want the keysounds and to just play solo then just play on LR2. If you want 7K instead of 7K+1 LR2 has autoscratch...
Kamikaze
But then again, LR2 doesn't have IRC and that's one of 2 things keeping me from migrating into LR2 for real
Bobbias

Aqo wrote:

Well again if you want the keysounds and to just play solo then just play on LR2. If you want 7K instead of 7K+1 LR2 has autoscratch...
Except that I have no plans to spend weeks or months being awful at LR2 just to hear keysounds. Unlike most people I cannot transition between games easily. I also share the same view about the integrated IRC.

If you don't want to keysound stuff, that's your choice, and I'm not gonna complain. However, I would still prefer to have them.
xNinjaKittyx
I think it'd be best to approach this as 7k+1.

I would then recreate another map to be a 7K map that's basically auto-scratch in BMS

But this removes the fun from the scratch sounds from songs that have a lot of scratches, which would be the reason for people to want a 7k conversion.

I vote for
1) 7K+1 direct conversions w/ a 7K possibility (which would just remove the scratch column)
2)I would love to have Normal/Hyper, since I myself can't play a majority of Another maps.
3) it would be cool if peppy added a mirror mode in mania. So the P2 Players can play with right shift lol.

And i vouch for those keysounds. It's what makes BMS so gud :P
Kamikaze

firefwing24 wrote:

3) it would be cool if peppy added a mirror mode in mania. So the P2 Players can play with right shift lol.
osu!mania key layout -> special style (right) -> bam, P2
if you mean mirror as all patterns mirrored, then yeah, it'd be cool if we had mirror as random variation the same way as we have nc and dt
Bobbias
It probably wouldn't be hard to implement either, assuming random mod isn't a terrible evil hack (which it very well could be, given woc's view of osu's code, and peppy's opinion of woc's code).
xNinjaKittyx

-Kamikaze- wrote:

firefwing24 wrote:

osu!mania key layout -> special style (right) -> bam, P2
if you mean mirror as all patterns mirrored, then yeah, it'd be cool if we had mirror as random variation the same way as we have nc and dt
Yeah what i meant was like in LR2 and BMS, where Everything is strictly mirrored.
Luna
Any chance of this still happening?
JSELENABELIEBER
can this pls happen? aqo plssssssss

one can only play the already converted bms charts so many times.
Topic Starter
Aqo
while working on converting those it hit me, why not just, like, play LR2, what's the point of playing those converts in osu

ggsnipess

Aqo wrote:

while working on converting those it hit me, why not just, like, play LR2, what's the point of playing those converts in osu

"LR2 crashes on my system"

I just play lr2 anyway, more fun for me :^D
Kamikaze

Aqo wrote:

Hudonom wrote:

LR2 is for forever alones lol
hehe
iJXL

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Hudonom wrote:

hehe
Kamikaze
In all seriousness tho, converting BMS'es into o!m is mostly profitable for multiplayer purposes imo
JSELENABELIEBER

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Hudonom wrote:

hehe
Valedict
le ebin rave 2 is my favorite game

i lov when laina rubarb 2 crash after 4 song

is gud!!!!
Frustration
pls give me more bms converts
Todestrieb
I have made some keysounded BMS converts. The old one are larger, sorry about that. I will make more, so check out sometimes.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j0egng2zcb2b ... l_0_a?dl=0