forum

Is there demand for BMS converts?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kamikaze

Aqo wrote:

I know how to fix LNs it just takes forever, depending on the LN type the charter used it can either be a single action for the entire file or requiring me to go over them all one by one...
Exaclty why I don't bother with it. I'd have to rechart whole ◆◆ to make it the same as original. I might as well map it myself and rank it lmao
I've found an app that removes scratch instantly, I just save as new diff, only change it's name, 2-3 clicks and bam 7k
As for naming, I think that keeping original levels and custom diff names will be good.
dekunuts_old
1.7K.because osu mania dont have many 8k players,, cause most player are o2jam users, that familiar with 7k (07+1 key = anyhow 8k...)

2.★ difficulty.

but if you concern all users,☆+★ difficulity.((+maybe o2jam users are want ◆ difficulity too...

but the time to finish it will be so long.and also work for LN difficulty....=(^^)

3.if you working ☆+★+◆ difficulity = maybe you will be crazy.

cause that will be a very tough work.... but if you done this project,many users will playing that.

P.S : if you can distinguish the judgment difficulty, please convert judgement difficulty too.

P.S 2 : that will be a very^10 tough work....cheer up

P.S 3 : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2gg95t5n3cus ... rKKkUedeqa

//////////////////////////////

part2
////////////
as for having both 7K and 7K+1, ehhh....... how do you convert 7K+1 to 7K quickly? If there's a very fast method I'll do both, but if it adds even 20% work time then I'd just stick to one or the other.

i think to make a difficulty 7key+8key are included it would take more work time. maybe 30%? (Convert only one of the difficulty)

Well, i do not know any other ways...

//kami

maybe that program is not remove the scratches.

this program is remove to the fourth key.(in my memory)

//////////////////////

As for difficulty naming, should I keep the original chart levels or modify them?

i think keep the original chart is better.

others:

I think that it is desirable to match the standards in the LR2.

because my think is LR2 difficulty system is to be reliable roughly.(sometimes mixed with a landmines)

might have a different interpretation of the refrains side.please understand me.(english is so difficult -.,-)
Kamikaze

dekunuts wrote:

//kami

It properly removes 1st lane, not the 4th. I've been using it for quite a lot of time now and it works in ~99% cases
Drace
You don't have to remap them for the LN difficulties. There's 2 LN types in the bml format and the converter only does the first, outdated type. Nearly all maps these days uses the more recent 2nd type. You can open the map and change all the LN-type 2s to LN-type 1s and save it as a .bms or .bme. Then the converter will successfully covert all the LNs.

The issue is the fastest way of doing this is group selecting them in iBMSC and changing their types in the convert menu, but you can't do that if single notes are present since that will turn the space between that single note and the next into a long note. In those cases you have to convert the LNs to the older type one by one... Which is a pain, but faster than remapping the whole map.
Cuppp
7k. 2 diffs could be good. Convert a lot of songs c:
Bobbias
I would love some more 7k BMS converts.
dekunuts_old

-Kamikaze- wrote:

dekunuts wrote:

//kami

It properly removes 1st lane, not the 4th. I've been using it for quite a lot of time now and it works in ~99% cases

Interesting.

by the way, if the first lane keys are removed,the first lane keysounds are will deleted?

or just first lane's keysound is moved to the bgm lane?

i think... keysound is a very important..
Kamikaze

dekunuts wrote:

Interesting.

by the way, if the first lane keys are removed,the first lane keysounds are will deleted?

or just first lane's keysound is moved to the bgm lane?

i think... keysound is a very important..
That's the problem, it removes notes, but also keysounds, so for that you'd need to move scratches to background sounds in iBMSC
Bobbias
I don't know anything about the BMS format, but couldn't someone write a script to do that automatically?
Luna
Do 7k+1 full charts and I'll love you forever <3
Jin Xero
I have couple 8k converted packs, but only a handful of people have them.
Topic Starter
Aqo

Drace wrote:

In those cases you have to convert the LNs to the older type one by one...
which is exactly what I was talking about... this is actually the most common case from my experience sadly

Looks like there's a fair demand for both 7K and 7K+1 so I'll do both, I think I can write a simple script myself to dupe the .osu files.

I wonder about the format though... hm...
Maiz94
You mean the BMS format?
Topic Starter
Aqo
no I mean the final output .osu format

I guess I'll make separate osz for 7K and for 7K+1
not sure if I should keep separate osz for low diffs and high diffs

bms has a loooot of diffs

I don't want every chart to be a maze
Bobbias
I'd say separate low and high diffs. Too many diffs in a song is really annoying on the song list, and 20+ diffs is kinda nuts.
Jin Xero
I can share a link to some of my converts if you guys want.
Kamikaze

Jin Xero wrote:

That'd be lovely
Bobbias

Jin Xero wrote:

Not that I play 8k, but did you really have to even ask, given the response to this thread? lol.
ikzune
i would prefer more 7k+1 and 5k+1 to start improving in those keymodes here but then again i can just use lr2 its just a matter of forcing myself to play those key mods over the current ones i know and already want to improve further
Pinecone
7+1k BMS but I want more official charts (not SP levels)
Jin Xero
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4kq6fugj9r1r ... V3Coa?dl=0

Link to the folder with some converts. If you guys want more, let me know specific songs.
Topic Starter
Aqo

Hazelnut- wrote:

What do you mean by official charts? The original song pack? Those tend to have only a Normal/Hyper/Another where the another is usually easier than SP1
Pinecone

Aqo wrote:

Hazelnut- wrote:

What do you mean by official charts? The original song pack? Those tend to have only a Normal/Hyper/Another where the another is usually easier than SP1
Yup. In my opinion, there are plenty of hard BMS converts by Davteezy and Doorknob. What we need are more BMS files with keysounds and actual 7+1k like they were meant to be played. Since the difficulties won't be as hard, it would be a good way to train people who aren't quite ready for SPs yet. (and lot of the high-quality charts are from original song packs....)

and thanks for the link jin!
Kamikaze
That could go as separated lower diffs Aqo asked about
Topic Starter
Aqo
The problem is that by adding keysounds you end up with files that are 80MB per song... as much as I'd love to have keysounds in osu, I think that people wanting to play with keysounds should just go and play actual bms on LR2.
The only reason to play those converts in osu and not LR2 is the fact that osu has multiplayer, and nobody's going to wait for a download that big in a room with several people online; I want to focus on keeping the file sizes small so that people can actually play those files together in multiplayer easily.
Bobbias
It's a shame that it would be a pain to provide both keysounded and non, since that would satisfy both sides. I don't give a rat's ass about multi though, so I'd be fine with keysounded only, but I suppose that's just me. I certainly understand how awful it would be to play multi with 80mb downloads lol.
Topic Starter
Aqo
Well again if you want the keysounds and to just play solo then just play on LR2. If you want 7K instead of 7K+1 LR2 has autoscratch...
Kamikaze
But then again, LR2 doesn't have IRC and that's one of 2 things keeping me from migrating into LR2 for real
Bobbias

Aqo wrote:

Well again if you want the keysounds and to just play solo then just play on LR2. If you want 7K instead of 7K+1 LR2 has autoscratch...
Except that I have no plans to spend weeks or months being awful at LR2 just to hear keysounds. Unlike most people I cannot transition between games easily. I also share the same view about the integrated IRC.

If you don't want to keysound stuff, that's your choice, and I'm not gonna complain. However, I would still prefer to have them.
xNinjaKittyx
I think it'd be best to approach this as 7k+1.

I would then recreate another map to be a 7K map that's basically auto-scratch in BMS

But this removes the fun from the scratch sounds from songs that have a lot of scratches, which would be the reason for people to want a 7k conversion.

I vote for
1) 7K+1 direct conversions w/ a 7K possibility (which would just remove the scratch column)
2)I would love to have Normal/Hyper, since I myself can't play a majority of Another maps.
3) it would be cool if peppy added a mirror mode in mania. So the P2 Players can play with right shift lol.

And i vouch for those keysounds. It's what makes BMS so gud :P
Kamikaze

firefwing24 wrote:

3) it would be cool if peppy added a mirror mode in mania. So the P2 Players can play with right shift lol.
osu!mania key layout -> special style (right) -> bam, P2
if you mean mirror as all patterns mirrored, then yeah, it'd be cool if we had mirror as random variation the same way as we have nc and dt
Bobbias
It probably wouldn't be hard to implement either, assuming random mod isn't a terrible evil hack (which it very well could be, given woc's view of osu's code, and peppy's opinion of woc's code).
xNinjaKittyx

-Kamikaze- wrote:

firefwing24 wrote:

osu!mania key layout -> special style (right) -> bam, P2
if you mean mirror as all patterns mirrored, then yeah, it'd be cool if we had mirror as random variation the same way as we have nc and dt
Yeah what i meant was like in LR2 and BMS, where Everything is strictly mirrored.
Luna
Any chance of this still happening?
JSELENABELIEBER
can this pls happen? aqo plssssssss

one can only play the already converted bms charts so many times.
Topic Starter
Aqo
while working on converting those it hit me, why not just, like, play LR2, what's the point of playing those converts in osu

ggsnipess

Aqo wrote:

while working on converting those it hit me, why not just, like, play LR2, what's the point of playing those converts in osu

"LR2 crashes on my system"

I just play lr2 anyway, more fun for me :^D
Kamikaze

Aqo wrote:

Hudonom wrote:

LR2 is for forever alones lol
hehe
iJXL

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Hudonom wrote:

LR2 is for forever alones lol
hehe
Kamikaze
In all seriousness tho, converting BMS'es into o!m is mostly profitable for multiplayer purposes imo
show more