Thanks for modding, this one helped a lot
Hey! M4M from my above queue I would appreciate a rating after you applied my mod (In my queue)
So, let's get started~
Please note: Everything in bold I highly suggest.
Everything in red is unrankable.General:
- Even though this isn’t a requirement, I still highly suggest it. Use the japanese version for your source: 艦隊これくしょん And in case you don’t want to, then you have to remove “Kantai collection” from tags since it will already be in your source. Alright.
- You can also add these to the tags: “Korekushon” and “Combined Fleet”. Alright.
- Use a background image that’s 1366 X 768. Right now, your image has a rather weird resolution. I managed to fix the resolution of your current BG. Here it is: Using a background smaller than 1366x768 is not unrankable. The original image is 1249x800 so I cropped it myself to be in 16:9. I would rather use a smaller resolution than messily upscaling the image which ruins the quality.
- This mapset will be better if you also use soundfiles to silence those annoying sliderslide sound. Here they are: Done.
- Not a fan of the yellow combo colour btw. Use a colour like soft purple or soft green instead? I picked yellow so that it matched Suzuya's (right side) eyes in the background.Easy:
- 00:01:300 (1) –Rather add a finish sound on the slider’s head instead of that whistle. So remove the whistle sound and add a finish instead.
- 00:04:300 (1) –Rather add a finish on this slider’s head as well. So remove the whistle. The intro to this song is noticably calmer than the rest of the song, which is why I chose to use whistles. The finish sounds too sharp for it to be suitable here I feel.
- 00:05:800 (1,2,3,4) –Weird placement for an Easy diff. Beginners may get confused when playing it, so I rather suggest a half-circle placement:Alright.
- 00:07:300 (1) –Remove the whistle from the slider’s head. You have already added a finish, so why add a whistle as well? Although it's barely noticable, I think it sounds better, although I'll probably change this if I get more feedback on it.
- 00:11:800 (1,1) -The reaction time between the spinner and the next note look pretty short which may be unrankable since it’s too hard for beginners. I suggest removing that spinner and rather mapping that section. (Of course, if you don’t want to map that area then you can always ask a BAT if that spinner is okay there. But right now, for me, the reaction time looks too short.) Took me long enough to remap this but I did it.
- 00:16:300 (1) –A finish will also sound really nice here in my opinion. So rather remove that whistle and add a finish instead. I don't agree with this one.
- 00:19:300 (1) -^ This one works.
- 00:22:300 (1) -^ I don't like this one.
- 00:25:300 (1) -^ This one works.
I think you get the idea now about those finishes. Try to use different hitsounds on those beats than just whistles. I added some where I felt was appropriate.
- 00:23:800 (2) –Rather do this to the shape. It looks nicer and symmetric in my opinion. I think the current slider compliments the first slider better, which is what I was going for.
- 00:53:050 (2) –Won’t this look better? Just lower that slider till it looks like the above pic. Alright.
- 00:56:050 (2) –Same thing here. I think this looks better: Alright.
- 00:59:050 (2) -^ Changed.
- 00:59:800 (1,2,3,4) –I don’t like this placement. Try something like this instead: I just did a kind of half circle shape there. Changed.
- 01:08:800 (1,2,3,4) –Improve this half-circle shape (lol) Changed it in my own way.
- 01:29:800 (3) –Eep! Not a nice shape at all. Maybe a wave shape will look much better. Everyone seems to hate this slider. Changed.
- 01:44:800 –One should always try to place a single circle or the start of a slider on an important beat like this one. To emphasize those beats. Maybe try to do this:Alright.
- 02:01:300 (1) –Rather place this slider somewhere here to make that half circle shape look neater. Alright.
- 02:05:800 (3) –Weird slider and I’m not sure if it’s really allowed in an Easy diff. But you should then rather check-in with a BAT just to double-check it. Actually, I've just grown to dislike this slider myself, so that simplifies things.
- 02:08:800 (1,2,3,4) –Try a different placement here, like a halfcircle pattern like in my previous suggestions. Changed.
- 02:41:425 (4) –Not that great placement for flow purposes. Try this instead: Changed.
- 02:51:550 (2) –Hm, looks untidy in a way. Try this: Copy and paste 02:50:800 (1) –then Ctrl+H and then Ctrl+G. Changed in my own way.
- 03:00:550 (2) – Nazi. Just try and move that red square in the middle of the slider till it’s more in the middle of the slider to improve the symmetry. Fixed.
- 03:02:425 (4) –Make a half-circle shape with this circle. So place it here: Alright.
- 03:05:800 (1) –Place this slider here to complete the flower pattern shape:I intentionally arranged it this way so that the final part is symmetrical about the centre of the map.Normal:
- 00:06:925 (5) –Nazi. Just move this circle till it forms a kind of triangle shape with 00:05:800 (3,4) Alright.
Thus somewhere here: X:164 Y:172
- 00:54:550 (5,1) –Make a blanket here?Seems to work, though I placed it differently to keep flow.
- 01:04:300 (1,2) -I think your distance here is incorrect. You used 0.9X here when you should have been using 1.0X. Yeah that's a mistake. Fixed.
- 01:15:550 (1) –I’d say rather remove this new combo. You didn’t add any single combos earlier in the diff.
- 01:39:925 (5,2) –This overlap is probably not such a big deal, but it can still be avoided. Do this:Half did this. It still overlaps but not as much. I didn't rotate all the way lest I ruin the patterns after this combo.
- 02:18:550 (1) –Same here. Rather remove that new combo.
- 03:11:050 (1) -^Done these.Hard:
- 00:03:175 (2) –I don’t like this flow. Rather do this: Changed.
- 00:06:925 (4) –What about this rhythm instead?Seems to work.
- 00:08:800 (1) –Rather do this for better flow? Ctrl+H that slider and then turn it 70 degrees anti-clockwise. I kept the same flow but made it a bezier curve instead.
- 00:11:800 (1,2,3,4,5) –Hm, I think a half-circle shape will help with better flow and play more nicely. I decided on a hexagon instead.
- 00:14:800 (1) –Remove new combo here. It doesn’t make sense imo that these two circles: 00:14:050 (1,2) –are a combo on their own. I left this since I changed something up; there aren't just two notes there now.
- 00:16:300 (1) –Rather place this circle here: X:168 Y:160 for better flow. Alright.
- 00:25:300 (1) –Rather change this single circle into a slider. It follows the rhythm better in my opinion. Changed in my own way.
- 00:37:300 (1) –Same thing here. A slider will work better. Changed.
- 01:04:300 (1) –Maybe this rhythm instead: The pause here: 01:04:487 –just feels a bit awkward. Changed.
- 01:40:300 (1) –Slider here instead. Changed.
- 02:06:925 (6) –Same as previous suggestions. Rather use this rhythm here: Changed.
- 02:13:300 (6) –New combo here for consistency. Fixed.
- I see you placed a few streams in the last kiai time. I think you should try to be more consistent with your other kiai times. Maybe place a few streams in the other two kiai as well, or don’t use streams in the last kiai; rather use patterns that you used in the first two kiai’s. You used just triples in your first two, but in your last one, you mostly used streams. So maybe also just use triples in your last one, or place a few streams in the first two kiai times. Either way, I think your kiai times should just be more consistent. I made the final kiai harder since the chorus is in a higher pitch compared to the other choruses.
Sorry, but I’m not that good at modding Insanes at all (Still learning), so I’ll rather leave it alone, before I confuse you.
Overall, it’s a very nice mapset. There’s still just a few more improvements that’s needed though to make this mapset perfect.