forum

[duplicate] New Mod for Osu!Standard Mode! (AR)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
XBlade
We all know the feeling: You get a really cool song you enjoy, you really like the map for it as well, however, it feels pretty slow and would find it more fitting if it "felt" faster. I had an idea that could possibly solve this problem: Approach Rate Changer Mod**UNRANKED**.

Instead of having to go to a song in edit mode, and change the AR by hand (which a lot of people do,) it would be much quicker, and much more simple to just change the AR at the click of a button! As before mentioned this would put the map at an unranked state but this simply puts the ability to change the AR of a song (and change it to be faster or slower) at the players finger tips. On top of that, if anyone wanted to spectate you playing a song at a different AR they could, because you wouldn't have a differently modified file from the other player.

Overall I felt like it is a good concept and it would be somewhat alike the track speed option for osu!mania, but instead would render the song unranked, since the original map was manipulated to be easy or harder. (Perhaps it could be ranked but modify score for better or worse depending on the change of AR being higher or lower. I'm unsure about that though.)

Let me know what you think overall guys!
deadbeat
t/141204
t/56606
first is more relevant to this specific request though i think
Topic Starter
XBlade

deadbeat wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/141204
Screw my thread, that is gold.