forum

Mechanical Keyboards

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Julia_1439
Does having one provide any benefits that a regular keyboard doesn't? Just curious since i see a lot of players having one
nrl
YES MECH R GUD MAEK U COOKIE
Gumpy
Any mechanical keyboard is better than a regular keyboard (rubberdome).
Full Tablet

Gumpyyy wrote:

Any mechanical keyboard is better than a regular keyboard (rubberdome).
Depends, for example, my laptop keyboard has less ghosting issues than the Blackwidow from 2012, so it's better for playing 8K in osu!mania.
FrzR

Narrill wrote:

[-Cloud-]

Narrill wrote:

nooblet

Narrill wrote:

I wish my keyboard could bake cookies
Karuta-_old_1
Gives me confidence, also I don't have to alternate as much as when I am using a normal keyboard

Lets you stream faster if your normal keyboard has noticable delay

More accuracy

If your mech keyboard is not giving you any of these advantages just you might as well throw it out of the window
Topic Starter
Julia_1439
What switch should i get?
buny
red/brown/blue because i bet you have weak fingers
Topic Starter
Julia_1439
Which one do most people use and is any of them easier to use than others?
buny
Red and blue are probably the most popular switches

blues have tactile feedback, and are more "clicky" than red, whereas reds are linear and don't provide extra feedback or the click that blues give. Reds are also slightly lighter.
Mathsma
I am just going to say typing on browns feels nice. When I used reds it just felt weird to type because there wasn't any feedback and it was so light, and blues were just too noisy for me, it felt like I was opening/closing an old flip phone.
Karuta-_old_1
I am a touch typist and I'd say red switches work fine for me, if you are really used to typing and doesn't really have a problem with typos, go for it
(at least the keyboard feel is much better than my Aspire 4740, ideapad Z500)
But I do make a lot of typos when I get tired which you shouldn't still be playing by then

no, I am not saying red is the best, I am just saying I am happy with it
Vuelo Eluko

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

I am a touch typist and I'd say red switches work fine for me, if you are really used to typing and doesn't really have a problem with typos, go for it
(at least the keyboard feel is much better than my Aspire 4740, ideapad Z500)
But I do make a lot of typos when I get tired which you shouldn't still be playing by then

no, I am not saying red is the best, I am just saying I am happy with it
ive used a computer all my life, i can type up to 160 wpm on rubberdome with no errors and trying to adopt to reds was an ordeal. it seemed like i wqas actuatring kweyus wherile rtyping thast i watsnt evnen touching.

eventually i scrapped it and am using blacks now and the errors are a lot less common and it seems to be better for osu too so win/win.

@OP I'd recommend blacks.
jasian
Browns or Clears for the least noise but tactile feedback.