forum

Problems with improving

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SpringVine
Hi.
I've been playing this game for 5 months and recently I got complications with improving.
I started to play insanes 4 star over a month ago but I cant FC them. I usually get 85%-92% accuracy with a lot of combo breaks

And I cant see why im not improving because I play osu on a daily basis , I got like 15000 plays and thats a lot for someone who has only 880 pp.
So do you have any advices how play insanes well and generally how to improve and move on?
-sev
Read the stickies?

Saphirshroom
What I did is give hidden a few plays because it made me actually listen to the music and improved my accuracy quite a bit (please note that my accuracy is still shit). If you're having problems with mouse movement and/or reading, honestly, just download like three beatmap packs and play through all the maps that are on your difficulty levels but don't retry them too often - ideally you don't wanna retry them at all unless you've played through all of them or failed at a stream or something that you know you can pass next try.

Oh and, whenever you hear a song, feel its time.
Vuelo Eluko
maybe its because your DPI is hopelessly high something ridiculous like 4000 2x ingame because i cant see how you could hit a ceiling at such a low level of play.

id say play harder maps but if you're already getting that acc on 4 star maps... idk... make sure you're applying yourself and focusing on reading not just passively playing while the maps happen on screen, or you're just wasting your time. That's a pretty big mistake that I think a lot of people do without knowing, they're moving their cursor around and tapping with a map playing but they arent really PLAYING the map. don't be lazy.
Insyni

Nikkumi wrote:

Read the stickies?

Implying that they weren't already read. Most people who get stuck with 10k+ plays already have read those.

Anyways...
@HeiwajimaS - I'm not the best person to be listening to because I'm in a fairly similar situation, but I think it is all about making the maps seems slower. Most of the people I see that have improved quickly have gotten so used to AR9 that they can't play lower AR well (so focusing on one AR may help).

Also, try to really focus on getting 300's and not so much on passing. I find looking at your cursor is usually the best option so you don't develop habits of moving the wrong way/ breaking sliders too early. Doing this also helps force you to read the notes individually.

At least that's my take on it. If anyone would like to correct me, I'm sure it would be a learning experience for the HeiwajimaS and myself. :)
-sev

Insyni wrote:

Implying that they weren't already read. Most people who get stuck with 10k+ plays already have read those.
You underestimate how lazy people can be, but I digress.
Topic Starter
SpringVine
Nikkumi: Yep I read it before
Sapirshroom: Ok ill give it a try
Riince: I hope that the focusing in reading method would help. BTW I found out that my mouse dpi is 1000. Is it normal?
Insyni: Well im already in this situation where I cant read lower ar than AR9
Thankyou all

~Still open for advices as well
Insyni
Don't try to FC and just aim for accuracy then. Try to get every 300 you can and don't lose focus on that if there are more notes on the screen.

As far as I'm concerned, FCing shouldn't be the goal unless you can get at bare minimum 96% accuracy (but 98% is preferred). Personal preference though, I'm pretty awful at this game, lol.
Tokiwadai
Honestly, judging from your top ranks and accuracy, I would recommend you to take a step back and play a bit more Hard-Difficulty songs that are on the border of Insane-Difficulty and try to consistently get 99%+. There is a huge difference between being able to 97% and 99%+ a song. I would also recommend you play songs that focus more on rhythm than streams or jumps.

Just IMO. (I only have 19.5K Plays)
Nub1
try to play HDHR on hard diffs I hope this could improve your reading
Topic Starter
SpringVine

Tokiwadai wrote:

Honestly, judging from your top ranks and accuracy, I would recommend you to take a step back and play a bit more Hard-Difficulty songs that are on the border of Insane-Difficulty and try to consistently get 99%+. There is a huge difference between being able to 97% and 99%+ a song. I would also recommend you play songs that focus more on rhythm than streams or jumps.

Just IMO. (I only have 19.5K Plays)
Ok. Can you reccomend me some songs?
Genki1000
theLiminator
Please make sure you have enhance pointer precision turned off.

Maybe you're one of those people that would play a lot better with a tablet. I know some people dramatically improve in a short time after getting a tablet.
Topic Starter
SpringVine
Thank you guys .
I think I got what my problem was. Apparently my mouse sensitivity in osu (2.7) was too high for me to control it perfectly so i lowered it a bit.
Hope things will get better now.
Vuelo Eluko

HeiwajimaS wrote:

Thank you guys .
I think I got what my problem was. Apparently my mouse sensitivity in osu (2.7) was too high for me to control it perfectly so i lowered it a bit.
Hope things will get better now.
as long as you have the patience to rewrite your muscle memory it will
2.7x was not only causing high sens issues but insane pixel skipping
so its good you turned it off