forum

No sleep?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Blanky
So... My body is weak, so whenever I drink green tea latte or energy drinks, I can't sleep for the whole night. Does this one night of no sleep actually affect how I play in osu!? I'm asking this because sleep deprivation can cause a slow in reflexes. Has anyone stayed up all night and played osu! with no change to their skill?
silmarilen
if you were a professional (and i mean the real definition of professional) osu played who spends 6 hours per day playing osu only to become the best, then yes, this would have an influence on you.
if you are just a person who likes to click circles in their free time then you will just be tired for a day, spend the next night with some good sleep and you'll be ready to go again
Gid
When I play after a sleepless night I play worse, but I also play much more consistently. Nearly all of my top performances are done after a night of no sleep, around the 30th hour. (More relevant: after the 'very sleepy' stage and before the 'I'm gonna pass out' stage)
Topic Starter
Blanky
I guess today is just going to be a no osu! day then. I should probably buy some sleeping medication... Or even better, stop drinking that shit.
Topic Starter
Blanky
Just thought of a wonderful idea. Most osu! players take up mapping at some point down the road, I may as well start now.
chainpullz
I pull all-nighter's on a biweekly basis to do math proofs. Once you get over the hump (the point where you magicly stop feeling like you are going to pass out) you should be good to go for a few hours. That or have like 2-3 cups of coffee. Sleep deprivation is a bitch. >_<
Top Bunk
Just spend a good 12+ hours sleeping after to balance it out then you're good to go.
Yano
I sleep 4-6h during the week because I don't like to sleep early. (1:00-6:00 -> wake up -> work)
But I'm also one of the permanent tired people. I feel weak every day because I need 10h+ of sleep to feel good. (weekend, vacations)

I would like to get better in osu! but I can't spend that much time to play osu! at my actually state.
I'm at home at 18:00 every day and go to bed at 21:00, then I watch Videos till 23:00 or 1:00. I should sleep more but I'm addicted to Videos.

I don't like to play osu! during the week because I'm permanent tired as fuck. I also eat only shit (Chips etc.). I slowly kill myself.

I can say, that a sleepless night affect your performance.

Sorry for bad English. This text is written with my iPad at 1:07.

Athrun
Always get sleep. It's pretty important.

When I play during the night, I just have no strength. After a good night's sleep, you will have more strength to play osu
chainpullz

Blanky wrote:

Just thought of a wonderful idea. Most osu! players take up mapping at some point down the road, I may as well start now.
I've contemplated how much extra time I would have for mapping and/or league if I quit WoW. It's really tempting.
Topic Starter
Blanky
I've contemplated how much extra time I would have for mapping and/or league if I quit WoW. It's really tempting.
After quitting WoW and league, I must say, it has allowed me to develop in osu! a lot faster than I would have had I not quit those 2 games.

Update: I spent 1 hour in trying to find the bpm(song changes bpm a few times), and I quit. Finding the bpm is way to hard for me.
Athrun
Play for fun. Start small and build up on it.
Gumpy
Just don't sleep it takes away 8 hours of your day.
HaruryuuSan
Get some sleep,bro. It's really important. :/
E m i

silmarilen wrote:

6 hours per day playing osu
lol scrubs
;^)
Athrun

[ Momiji ] wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

6 hours per day playing osu
lol scrubs
;^)
How long do you play a day.
Karuta-_old_1
If you are a person like me, who usually doesn't sleep much, it takes a few more days of good sleep to get into condition

yes, sleep deprivation is a bitch
RaneFire
Sleep deprivation affects my awareness and ability to focus, not my reflexes. If I really try to, I can play osu! while tired, but it takes a lot more effort.
ZenithPhantasm
If I don't get enough sleep my ADHD starts acting up and I end up losing my reading skills (impulse control skills) but my reactions usually doesn't get worse.
Kraminka
I find that I tend to get better when I've pulled an all-nighter, I guess in my tired state I zone everything out aside from osu!.
I get a lot of my good scores during the very early hours of the day, but shortly after that period of flow-state, my skill deteriorates really quickly, usually around midday.

I assume this is due to the high frequency of all-nighters I do, usually at least once a week during University terms and lot more during the breaks. :P
E m i

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

late answer, but...
like all the time
Stalactic

[ Momiji ] wrote:

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

late answer, but...
like all the time
He's not lying. I've seen him getting scores at 4 am, even though he was online at 4 pm.
I still wonder how is he capable of going to school, making homework etc etc.
Oh right, he drinks 7 liters of energy drinks every day(night?).
Yakuyan
Without having sleep is a major problem with anybody when playing any game. But when it comes down to having little sleep, it depends on the person. Some people might be beast without having much sleep and some might be complete shit. I have played almost an all-nighter and I can tell you that, yes it does decrease your reflexes, accuracy, aim, well really everything becomes shit. But I believe it depends on the person but usually that type of stuff happens.
chainpullz

TenderFeeling wrote:

He's not lying. I've seen him getting scores at 4 am, even though he was online at 4 pm.
I still wonder how is he capable of going to school, making homework etc etc.
Oh right, he drinks 7 liters of energy drinks every day(night?).
2 cups of coffee before osu! works too (equivalent of 4-6 servings of mountain dew depending on strength).
Insyni
I'm not sure why... less sleep always seems to make my reaction speed and aim better and my accuracy worse.

Then again, not getting enough sleep feels awful.
[Superstar]_old

Ultrayano wrote:

I sleep 4-6h during the week because I don't like to sleep early. (1:00-6:00 -> wake up -> work)
But I'm also one of the permanent tired people. I feel weak every day because I need 10h+ of sleep to feel good. (weekend, vacations)
Same here, lol. I play not much osu! during the week because of that, or only very casual. The weekend is mostly the time I get the good scores.
enap
just yesterday i did an all nighter, at the end like being awake after 15-20hours you get quite slow in the reactions, couldnt pass maps i usually beat with ease
show more