forum

How much more performance points does HR and HD give?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AlexRTS
Was just wonder cuz i was planning on doing all the songs in HD or HR
mcdoomfrag
Hard rock increases OD. Higher OD = much more pp (given that you maintain your accuracy).

Hidden only increases pp marginally. (not worth it if you don't really enjoy hidden)

https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Performance_Points
Topic Starter
AlexRTS

mcdoomfrag wrote:

Hard rock increases OD. Higher OD = much more pp (given that you maintain your accuracy).

Hidden only increases pp marginally. (not worth it if you don't really enjoy hidden)

https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Performance_Points
So the reason people does HDHR instead of only HR is because of ranking not pp gain?
thanks btw!
GoldenWolf
Because it gives more score and is easier to get #1 on maps that are hardly DTable
Also because it gives a little more pp than HR alone
B1rd
HR gives a lot more PP if you're accurate.

HD gives a moderate pp boost, 2% more accuracy pp and 18% more aim pp.
Topic Starter
AlexRTS
Thanks! :) helped alot!
Rewben2
From what I've seen, HD gives roughly a 7-8%~ boost in pp for a score of the same accuracy. Sometimes as high as 10% and as low as 5% depending on how aim intensive the map is.

HR gives a shit ton more pp for a score with the same acc, which also means you need to be more accurate because of higher OD. I can't give you an estimation because it varies a lot but you can expect to see 40% increases in pp compared to a nomod score.
chainpullz
Rule of thumb is basically 98% hidden = 99% nomod. Since hidden has a learning curve it's hard to say whether you were better off spending the time learning hidden or spending it improving your nomod accuracy. Of course if you can get 99%+ with hidden it's totally worth it. Also you get to piss off all the HR players by knocking them off the scoreboards.
Litenang

chainpullz wrote:

Also you get to piss off all the HR players by knocking them off the scoreboards.
My goal :P

If you're used to hidden like me, it's essentially free pp all day long.
nrl
Keep your voice down, you'll wake the haters.

chainpullz wrote:

Also you get to piss off all the HR players by knocking them off the scoreboards.
HD is worth it for this alone.
Varetyr
that feel when your HR score stands in the middle (or better, above) all of those HD plebs though
Solo HR is worth it for this alone. 8-)
'kay it's absolutely not, brb learning to HD
Gumpy
Did a map on hard which would probably give 40-50 ish pp with 99% acc. With HR I got 82pp with 99%.
blourgh
that feel when can't play HR
buny

chainpullz wrote:

Rule of thumb is basically 98% hidden = 99% nomod. Since hidden has a learning curve it's hard to say whether you were better off spending the time learning hidden or spending it improving your nomod accuracy. Of course if you can get 99%+ with hidden it's totally worth it. Also you get to piss off all the HR players by knocking them off the scoreboards.
I don't think many people care that their score is being beaten by hidden

I mean, I'm still getting a crapton more pp than you, right?
B1rd
a lot of maps take more skill with hidden than with hardrock.