forum

Request to make a Developer Console Feature

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +18
Topic Starter
Foneza
This feature follows the style of most games from Valve itself.

Simply put, I could easily change settings .cfg directly without opening up my folder and opening it onto text. Also "ON THE FLY".

for example if I want to change my mouse speed while in multi without going into settings,

I could just type it in like in the image as above:

probably something like, "MouseSpeed "1" "

or maybe changing framerate on the go

"CustomFrameLimit "320" "

Video Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr406gltW_8

You probably want to put a section in settings to Enable "Develop Console" so that small kids would not mess it up easily.
Please support this Idea. Thanks!
Mekurukito
I want this. It might change the fact that when I change Frame in one game, close and go in again it changes back to 120fps.
emilia
Why not just make it such that Settings can be accessed wherever you are in-game? Not only will this be less troublesome, it will also reduce wasted time that can be spent on better things.

Since the 'Settings' part of osu! is already completed, might as well make it accessible anywhere in the game instead.
Topic Starter
Foneza

Estellia- wrote:

Why not just make it such that Settings can be accessed wherever you are in-game? Not only will this be less troublesome, it will also reduce wasted time that can be spent on better things.

Since the 'Settings' part of osu! is already completed, might as well make it accessible anywhere in the game instead.
That'd be easier to "program" in terms of 'Programmers' perspective.

It'd work too. But gotta make it so when you are playing ingame wise, it should not pop up. It could be very problematic.
emilia

ACEsushi wrote:

Estellia- wrote:

That'd be easier to "program" in terms of 'Programmers' perspective.

It'd work too. But gotta make it so when you are playing ingame wise, it should not pop up. It could be very problematic.
What do you think would take less time? Use something already in place and implement a new feature? Or make something new, then implement it?
Mekurukito
From my programming point of view, it really would take less time. Actually if I wrote it, its probably only 10 lines of code i'd have to do and maybe a new button for settings access. It would actually be really cool for the settings to be accessed anywhere and I also want that but I think the developer console should allow the configuration of the .cfg file in osu. Its not gonna do the same things in the settings which, as Estelia- said, would be redundant. So the thing that seperates this is, SETTINGS ACCESS ANYWHERE IN GAME: Only can change settings for in game. DEVELOPERS CONSOLE: allows full configuration of the .cfg file, which does more than the settings menu.
MillhioreF

Estellia- wrote:

Why not just make it such that Settings can be accessed wherever you are in-game?
This is actually planned for the long-term future. As such I doubt this particular request will ever happen.
Mekurukito

MillhioreF wrote:

Estellia- wrote:

Why not just make it such that Settings can be accessed wherever you are in-game?
This is actually planned for the long-term future. As such I doubt this particular request will ever happen.
Why long-term? It wouldn't be that hard. Put it in cutting edge and see how the players react to it.
deadbeat
that already happened a while back. was removed for reasons though. not sure of the specifics :(
Mekurukito

deadbeat wrote:

that already happened a while back. was removed for reasons though. not sure of the specifics :(
Did it? well i'd like to see that again.. btw, why are you in all my forum posts?!

EDIT: Oh that's scary as heck.....
Airee
it's worth mentioning that this is also not the source engine, so...
abraker
Still a cool idea. Would be neat if integrated with storyboarding as well.
Bara-

MillhioreF wrote:

Estellia- wrote:

This is already added (Ctrl O)