forum

Nomiya Maki - Baby Universe

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fauxfyre
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, October 19, 2014 at 6:47:04 PM

Artist: Nomiya Maki
Title: Baby Universe
Source: We Love Katamari
Tags: Katamari Baby Universe
BPM: 164
Filesize: 4431kb
Play Time: 03:04
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.22 stars, 116 notes)
  2. Hard (2.31 stars, 260 notes)
  3. Normal (1.95 stars, 225 notes)
Download: Nomiya Maki - Baby Universe
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
What's new: Another complete remap, thanks to finding the correct timing. Hard is not complete, and layout on other difficulties isn't good yet.
What's next: Finish hard, make layout better on all, add hitsounds and double check combo lengths.

My first beatmap, 100% by me. Doesn't have a very strong beat, so I'm going to try mapping an easier song while I work on this one.
GuiltyGecko
Hey from Gecko's modding queue!

General
SPOILER

• So I am going to do a general mod, because normal and hard have similar issues.
  1. First, go to File->Open AiMod (Or Ctrl+Shift+A). You will notice that on the Hard difficulty that it says that you have unsnapped notes. That means they aren't on a tick mark. Go to the times next to those warnings, and make sure your notes are snapped.
  2. In the same AiMod, you will notice it says your preview point is different from normal. Make sure they have the same preview point.
  3. Also, I don't think you are using distance snap. A lot of the notes are spaced strangely, so its hard to know when to click. This is what I'm talking about. When you make a normal map, you pretty much want to ALWAYS have distance snap on. In hard difficulty, you can turn it off when you want to do a jump, but make sure the jump makes sense and goes with the music. You can turn distance snap on/off with the y key, and change the distance spacing by holding down ult, and moving the slider bar in the top right corner.
  4. Next, you want to start mapping this with some hit sounds. Having all the notes be the same sound is not only boring, but makes it more difficult to follow your rhythm.
  5. To make sure your stuff lines up accurately when you place it, turn your grid to level 4. To do this, go to View->Grid Level->4. Making stacks will be a lot easier.
  6. You will also want to add Kiai time. The best places are usually the chorus or high energy parts of the song. To do that, you can go to Timing->Add Inheriting Section->Style Tab->Then there is a box you can check for Kiai mode. This will turn it on for the section you picked. This will give you those fancy fountain effects. Make sure it's not over used, it's it's general practice to make sure it's the same in all difficulties.

So I know those weren't very map specific mods, but they are all important to fix before people even start moving your notes around lol. Hope this helped some.
Avishay
Hey, from my TURBO M4M queue.

Before I start, I suggest that you will try to play the game more overall, you know already hug aspects of mapping, such as Distane Snapping, hitsounding proprly and more, which I didn't know until a while after I started mapping. But there are also huge lacks in this map. There's no good flow overall, sometimes it seems like you are just dropping random / slider circles according to the DS (Distance Snapping) but sometimes you miss the rhythm (or vocal) and the pattern does not look neat at all.

A thing you can do to improve by yourself, download NEW maps (not most of the old ones from 2012 and before), use the editor and look and the map difficulties, you will notice that there is some connection between the notes and they're not just dropped randomly, the new maps are also look great, opposed to the old maps which used to place circles in lines and put sliders beteween them (which you did).

Now to talk about your map, I will use the HARD difficulty for reference, but use it as a note for both.

00:20:545 (2) - The slider follows vocal, but it ends on plain nothing. When you use 1/4 as the BSD (Beat Snap Divisor), you'll notice 3 color of lines on your time line. White - Start of a new beat (can be kinda considered the end of a beat). Red - The middle of the beat. Blue - The exact middle between the previous two. Now, the slider just ended on a blue line, which means the slider ends before the beat ends and it just sounds wrong and unfit, if the music had a beat in that place or the vocals stopped there, it'd fit, but it unfts and unnecessary. You can find some of these on your map.

I think this specific song is a bit hard to map for new mappers. Lets go to 00:22:727, now choose 25% on the bottom right of the screen near the "Playback Rate" text, it is easier to analyze the beats of the songs like that. Now let the map play and you'll notice that the notes you placed do not fit at all, they are not on the music's beat and even if you fix it you'll still notice some defects, this is because your map timing was wrong, I checked and the BPM is 164, and not 165. The second problem is that your offset on the timing point is wrong. Now, remove all timing points except for the first one. We need to move the timing point to where a strong beat starts (which is around where you start to map as well). If you didn't find it, I did, it is 00:11:981 (or just 11981 as the offset). The slider should start there as well, now go all over the map again (with 25% playack rate - recommended for more efficiency) and make sure everything is timed right.

I hope I was helpful, if you have any questions you can PM me in forum on in game and I will answer happily, good luck.