forum

Good maps for practicing aim

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kerav
Hello,

I wanted to ask if anyone knows some good maps to practice my aim, I feel like being good at aim is the aspect I´m lacking the most currently(besides acc). Thats pretty good reflected by my topscores(Some easy Ar8 Dts and a few nomod maps, while others with my rank sometimes have Hoshizora SS or Artcore as their topranks(I get like 50-70% of the combo on those maps and after that I always do 1-4 random misses :/ ))

Some suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I play with a mouse at 800 dpi with fullscreen(1920*1080) if thats of any importance...
GoldenWolf
Topic Starter
Kerav
Thanks for the maps!
So, I played the 180BPM version once with ht and once without ht(had to take a brake of 30seconds in the middle though because my left hand got a little exhausted).
Suprisingly I had a better result without ht than with(accuracywise, 49% vs67%) but had ~190misses on ht while I had 361 without ht.(70 max combo vs 40 max combo)

Anyway, is it even worth to practice this map with such a bad result? I only ask because maps where I get similiar results due to mashing(~70% acc maps) are not really helping me improving, or should I just practice this map until I can do it properly?

Also I encountered the problem of having to reposition the mouse multiple times which lead to several misses most of the time, does this go away with time or will I have to deal with repositioning it w/o missing?
Vuelo Eluko

GoldenWolf wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/96143
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/96171
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/96172
Use HT if neccessary
good with hard rock too
GoldenWolf
It's always worth practicing this map, it also not only teach you aim but some control aswell, since you get worse acc with TH than without it means you're mainly mashing

If you want to get good at aiming in general and stop these random misses to happen, you have to get decent accuracy too, as sometimes great mistiming can lead to a miss on fast jumps because you'd click when your cursor isn't on the circle

And you will have to deal with mouse repositioning without missing, that comes with practice aswell
Ohrami
if you have to reposition your mouse you're either using a bad grip or have acceleration
silmarilen

Kyou-kun wrote:

if you have to reposition your mouse you're either using a bad grip or have acceleration
or neither of them
it's a thing with mouse you cant avoid
Ohrami
it's definitely one of those
Rewben2

Kyou-kun wrote:

it's definitely one of those
Doesn't every mouse player experience mouse drift? Probably becomes less relevant if you use a higher dpi though.

I don't think any mice have perfect 1:1 movement.
Omgforz
you don't practice aim with spam jump maps

you just play and think about what you're doing wrong
Topic Starter
Kerav

Kyou-kun wrote:

I dont have acceleration on, the problem is the mousedrift that occurs on longer maps w/o brakes or sliders to reposition. In this case my mouse slowly drifts towards my palm and thus I cant aim properly anymore.