forum

[invalid] A #global Channel for all Languages

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ChicagoTed

Please discuss this, I would love to know what other people think of this idea.
That is, if it hasn't already been a question and declined in the past.
Gumpy
Well first of it would have lots of languages so moderation would not really be possible. It would have an overwhelming amount of people.
There is a reason why there are specific channels for specific languages or groups of people like Skandinavia.
Topic Starter
ChicagoTed

Gumpyyy wrote:

Well first of it would have lots of languages so moderation would not really be possible. It would have an overwhelming amount of people.
There is a reason why there are specific channels for specific languages or groups of people like Skandinavia.
Thank you for your reply.
I understand how it would be difficult to moderate and at times be difficult to even talk in the chat, but I feel like there needs to be somewhere else different languages are accepted. We all know #osu channel is english only, and I feel like non-english speakers don't feel welcome anywhere but their assigned language channel. I can't seem to put what I mean into words, but I feel like timing people out of the MAIN channel of the game for speaking something other than english on a couple of occasions is somewhat wrong... especially for a community made up of loads of different parts of the world.
KatouMegumi
Why? we have #lobby channel.
Marcin
Trust me, #global with all languages would make zero sense for you, and anyone else.
Lust
The only reason why people speak other languages in #osu is that they do not know their language-specific channel exists.

English is the main language of the game, if people do not want to conform to this then that is their own problem.

A simple !faq has been more than sufficient, and will continue to be.
Stefan

fizzn1 wrote:

Why? we have #lobby channel.
no you

On-Topic: Can I ask what's the advantage of this idea? We (moderators) do lead people to the language channels if they want to talk in their language so people aren't lost if they land in #osu and starting talking in russian, spanish, etc. and then I wonder what's the sense behind that a japanese user chats with a french user - in their own language. This probably looks like would be.
tiper
I shook my head when I imagined a global channel with ~2k people speaking 20 different languages in it at the same time.
Topic Starter
ChicagoTed
You're all more than right. I can't really explain how I felt about it earlier, but I guess this is why it hasn't ever happened before. Thank you all for your time, I appreciate it.