forum

Anyone feel like they got the short end of the stick?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Clappy
I think my aim is above average, but everything else is just god awful. I'm slow; there's not a single 200+ bpm song in my top performances. I also have trouble reading complex patterns. Inb4 play more, but I just think that people that have bad aim but, faster fingers and better reading ability have it much easier in this game.
B1rd
yep I feel ya. some people have a lot of talent, some don't. can't do anything about it other than deal with it and accept your mediocrity.
NixXSkate

Clappy wrote:

I think my aim is above average, but everything else is just god awful. I'm slow; there's not a single 200+ bpm song in my top performances. I also have trouble reading complex patterns. Inb4 play more, but I just think that people that have bad aim but, faster fingers and better reading ability have it much easier in this game.
I feel your pain, streams are evil. Too many people have beaten my rank from Shanghai Romance.
Topic Starter
Clappy

NixXSkate wrote:

I feel your pain, streams are evil. Too many people have beaten my rank from Shanghai Romance.
I can't even pass Elpis
NixXSkate

Clappy wrote:

NixXSkate wrote:

I can't even pass Elpis
How is your singletapping?
uzzi
Wow am I your complete opposite? Every trait of mine is pretty good except for my aim... (relatively of course)
Topic Starter
Clappy

NixXSkate wrote:

How is your singletapping?
~220ish fastest thing I remember passing is lapfoxed forever
B1rd
yeah my streaming is god-awful, like 140bpm max.. every other trait is relatively OK (except accuracy, but who cares about that lol)
I Give Up
Be glad you didn't hit your wall at 2,100pp.
B1rd

KukiMonster wrote:

Be glad you didn't hit your wall at 2,100pp.
I hit a wall at like 800pp. then I got a tablet.
RaneFire
Play for fun?

I was probably where you were after a year, unable to do all of those things.

I started making practice lists ~10 months in, unable to stream at any speed, and I still can't aim. Tried both mouse and tablet... turns out I am just naturally horrible :P
cheezstik
I'm like the opposite, aim holding me back and speed is giving me rank. I can't do easy free pp maps that everyone my rank can do like koigokoro, artcore jinja, diamond, drop granat, and hoshizora SS cos of my aim, but get maps like rungran d.m.c and pyramid treasure and pretty much every map with DT (and hopefully one day rog-unlimitation) giving me my pp.
Genki1000

cheezstik wrote:

free pp maps that everyone my rank can do like koigokoro, artcore jinja, diamond, drop granat, and hoshizora SS
...huh?

If rank 9-10kers think these maps are free pp, what are people my rank supposed to be playing, Jumpudding? I only have 1 fluke fullcombo above 5 stars, and it's rated 5.01 stars... :?
Full Tablet

Genki1000 wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

free pp maps that everyone my rank can do like koigokoro, artcore jinja, diamond, drop granat, and hoshizora SS
...huh?

If rank 9-10kers think these maps are free pp, what are people my rank supposed to be playing, Jumpudding? I only have 1 fluke fullcombo above 5 stars, and it's rated 5.01 stars... :?
Those same maps, but with HD and higher accuracy.
[-Cloud-]
You can't deny, that maps like koigokoro are weighted way to high in terms of PP.
Yano

Clappy wrote:

Inb4 play more, but I just think that people that have bad aim but, faster fingers and better reading ability have it much easier in this game.
Nah not really. I have speed but no aim, reading and accuracy. It's hard to find some streamy Maps, where I don't have to Aim that much. I can FC 07th Expansion - rog-unlimitation [AngelHoney] but that's all what I can. ^_^
RaneFire

Ultrayano wrote:

Nah not really. I have speed but no aim, reading and accuracy. It's hard to find some streamy Maps, where I don't have to Aim that much. I can FC 07th Expansion - rog-unlimitation [AngelHoney] but that's all what I can. ^_^
Rog unlimitation is a bit misleading though. 220bpm at OD7 shouldn't exist. You can basically mash that map with 90%+. I know because I did it, got 94% at first. IMO that's not very good for a map with many sliders and a few long'ish streams.

Came back a few months later and played it again, this time it felt like I could actually play it properly instead of finger-derping, and I got 98%. I'm still not even that good at 220bpm. It's such a low OD, that's all. Certainly the easiest 220bpm stream map.

I think HR'ing that map is in order before I can even begin to say I can consistently stream 220.
Yano

RaneFire wrote:

Rog unlimitation is a bit misleading though. 220bpm at OD7 shouldn't exist. You can basically mash that map with 90%+. I know because I did it, got 94% at first. IMO that's not very good for a map with many sliders and a few long'ish streams.

Came back a few months later and played it again, this time it felt like I could actually play it properly instead of finger-derping, and I got 98%. I'm still not even that good at 220bpm. It's such a low OD, that's all. Certainly the easiest 220bpm stream map.

I think HR'ing that map is in order before I can finally say I can consistently stream 220.
Sure, you can mash that map. This is exactly what I'm saying to everyone, who say my Score is good. I can stream/burst at a really high BPM, but unfortunately not consistetly. I can also pass Tatsh - IMAGE -MATERIAL- <Version 0> till 3/4 (Slider Pattern).

@OP Aim isn't that bad how you think.
Look at Players like Azer. He's an alternator, so he can't really stream/burst that fast, but he has some very good HDHR Scores because he has the Aim to do the Scores.

If you only have a little bit of speed like me, then you willn't get that far. =D
chainpullz

Genki1000 wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

...huh?

People don't realize that raising all their scores from 96% to 99% would be like a 500pp boost and instead try to fc harder stuff since with 96% acc you start needing to fc 5*+ to even get anywhere near rank 5k. I just acknowledge that I'm average at best in all areas so I might as well kill every bird with one stone by spamming HR to get better (fc's are nice too though).
B1rd
yeah, have somewhat consistent streaming to 200bpm and good aim, and you're golden.
Ohrami
aim is by far the most important skill in the game
Chesukin
one of my friends has 10k~ plays and is already into 4 digits, he can stream and jump like a madman while im still stuck on aiming and -200bpm streams hahaha. ive accepted my normality.
[-Cloud-]

Chesukin wrote:

one of my friends has 10k~ plays and is already into 4 digits, he can stream and jump like a madman while im still stuck on aiming and -200bpm streams hahaha. ive accepted my normality.
I feel you bro.
Vuelo Eluko

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

Wow am I your complete opposite? Every trait of mine is pretty good except for my aim... (relatively of course)
Dexus

B1rd wrote:

yeah, have somewhat consistent streaming to 200bpm and good aim, and you're golden.
I can stream 210bpm consistently and have good aim. I'm not golden.

You need to be able to stream like 240bpm and have really good aim and then you're golden. Top 10 material in fact.
B1rd

Dexus wrote:

B1rd wrote:

You need to be able to stream like 240bpm and have really good aim and then you're golden. Top 10 material in fact.
m8 4300pp is lookin pretty golden to me.
[-Cloud-]

Dexus wrote:

B1rd wrote:

m8 4300pp is lookin pretty golden to me.[/quote]

And 6000pp are looking pretty golden for him. It's all about perspective.
Omgforz
Having only good aim isn't going to get you anywhere.

Streaming is pretty important after aiming.
B1rd

[-Cloud-] wrote:

My perspective doesn't change. I suck, 4300pp is actual competency. 6Kpp is good.
Yano

Omgforz wrote:

True, but consistent Aiming is probably the hardest thing to learn in osu!

Aiming is also linked with reading. If you can't read a Map, then you can't aim probably.
Streaming is, for me at least, the easiest thing you have to learn, because streaming is more about stamina.

If you can't aim, then you can't stream and if you can't stream a little bit you can't FC harder Maps. But then is reading most of the time also a problem.
sayonara_sekai
aiming never was a problem for me. if I get a miss and check the replay 99.5% of the time my cursor was over the note and its super demoralizing when your fingers just wont do what you want them to. accurate streaming is by far the hardest thing for me even though I try to spend a lot of time on it I'm not seeing much improvement. any time I get all 300s on a stream I have to do a double take.
I Give Up
I'm pretty sure it didn't take any of the +5k pp players 4 months to get 2k pp, so yeah, I got a short end too. Rank #11,276 @ 150k plays /dream.
CXu

Omgforz wrote:

:(
Vuelo Eluko

[-Cloud-] wrote:

qft
i used to think 1k pp was good
then 2k
now im almost 3k and my view on myself hasnt changed
Nameless
I suck at mods, seriously, my mod accuracy's are awful
show more