forum

[Archived] Scroll speed not working on song selection for solo play

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sonrilol
Problem Details:
Can't change the scroll speed for songs in mania during song selection in solo play, works fine in multi.

osu! version: 20141008.17 (latest)
prebruler
Also you can't change scroll speed in a multiplayer room if there is only 1 person in the room
Ayachi-
confirm this, have to do retries for changing speed
smoogipoo
Have you checked your keybindings for speed? Their ctrl modified form will be used for song select and multi. Looked back through the code since one other user had this problem on disqus, and previously osu! used the audio offset keybinds for decreasing/increasing speed. I didn't even realize this at the time but that was plain wrong and I'm not going to change it back to that.

Video link for those who think I'm crazy about stuff working as expected: http://u.smgi.me/a2b.mp4
Topic Starter
Sonrilol
That does indeed work, but its not consistent since the ctrl modified offset still works on multiplayer games for changing scroll speed. Also I might be wrong, but I believe you used to change offset with shift or alt in pre-song as well, and now you can't change off-set at all with this change (or at least I haven't been able to).

This is personal opinion but I use both the in-song and pre-song scroll speed changes and having to use ctrl + F3 / F4 is pretty bad and uncomfortable, whereas just F3 and F4 during song (well start of the song since you can't afterwards) is pretty decent because it doesn't take your hands too far off from your playing keys or put them in a weird position. I now have to basically choose between bad or bad, because my options have been limited, where I really liked the old setup.
Ayachi-
it doesnt work, in solo, when i want to set scroll speed before playing, ctrl +- used to work not anymore
f3 f4 doesn't work because f3 is beatmap option
multi works fine with ctrl +- only
smoogipoo

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

it doesnt work, in solo, when i want to set scroll speed before playing, ctrl +- used to work not anymore
Ctrl + F3/F4 in song select.

Sonrilol wrote:

That does indeed work, but its not consistent since the ctrl modified offset still works on multiplayer games for changing scroll speed.
I thought I removed that, apparently not!

Sonrilol wrote:

but I believe you used to change offset with shift or alt in pre-song as well, and now you can't change off-set at all with this change (or at least I haven't been able to).
Interesting, I don't think I removed this, but it should be in there. I will look into this.

Sonrilol wrote:

This is personal opinion but I use both the in-song and pre-song scroll speed changes and having to use ctrl + F3 / F4 is pretty bad and uncomfortable.
I will consider allowing + and - to be used in song selection and multi lobby.
Ayaya

prebruler wrote:

Also you can't change scroll speed in a multiplayer room if there is only 1 person in the room
It doesn't work even if there are multiple players in the room. Also why is ctrl - + control offset now, change it back to scroll speed pls, f4 and f3 so confusing and it's hard to change the speed during multiplayer since you have to change in game and reach over to press f4 and f3 which sucks if the song starts fast.

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

For me in multiplayer, if I press ctrl - + in lobby, nothing happens now, also f3 and f4 in lobby.
Odaijini
try it to change the key bindings,
for me , left ctrl for decrease speed
and right ctrl to increase
:D