forum

High pp reward maps

posted
Total Posts
show more
tecu

CptBlackBird wrote:

DT is overrated,many DT FC,and you will be an overrated player with 2k rank,but you can't complete any harder songs
From my personal experience in multiplayer, it's always the players playing nomod exclusively who start crying when someone picks an AR10 map.
B1rd
maybe because people like to play maps that are actually in their tier rather than spamming through maps that are way too hard.. (in fact 80% of MP matches end up this way..)
silmarilen
and so, another thread got derailed
Illkryn
ayy

"DT is overvalued" "Nomod doesn't give you anything"

Lemme tell you why DT is so popular m8s

I'm sure you'll all notice MOST nomod maps feel like they give undervalued pp, that is because of the fact they have a lower OD than the standard DT map (which is 9 or 9.6 most the time)

In terms of actual map difficulty relative to pp gained HR has the highest potential yield for easier maps due to the massive OD increase it adds to maps. "If thats true why doesnt everyone just play hr then you retard?" Well my friend that is because most people prefer the challenge of going fast rather than the challenge of being accurate.

It is this reason why DT is the preferred method as most people think "Why play HR and struggle for good acc when I can just go fast and care less about accuracy" Even if you don't think that you think it and you play DT, too fucking bad because you do think that.

People would say HR is overvalued if everyone had decided getting good accuracy is more fun than going fast. Simple.
cheezstik

Illkryn wrote:

ayy

I'm sure you'll all notice MOST nomod maps feel like they give undervalued pp, that is because of the fact they have a lower OD than the standard DT map (which is 9 or 9.6 most the time)

In terms of actual map difficulty relative to pp gained HR has the highest potential yield for easier maps due to the massive OD increase it adds to maps. "If thats true why doesnt everyone just play hr then you retard?" Well my friend that is because most people prefer the challenge of going fast rather than the challenge of being accurate.

It is this reason why DT is the preferred method as most people think "Why play HR and struggle for good acc when I can just go fast and care less about accuracy" Even if you don't think that you think it and you play DT, too fucking bad because you do think that.

People would say HR is overvalued if everyone had decided getting good accuracy is more fun than going fast. Simple.
Does DT actually increase OD or is it just a theoretical effect? Because it definitely feels like an OD7 DT map is lower OD than a nomod OD8, same with OD8 DT and nomod OD9.

Also, to the HR argument, HR is definitely harder at ranks like mine, as the pp reward it gives isn't high enough compared to how hard it actually makes the map for people that can't read AR10 and play well at OD9-10 and CS5. Someone that can do those things will be much higher rank already from the nomod and DT stuff they can play. Maybe at a better rank DT/HR/nomod becomes a preference, but at my rank DT is definitely the easiest, and HR is definitely the hardest.
Lhijn

Gumpyyy wrote:

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Type My Little Pony in your search, put DT and have PP. y/w
This.
Even Tillerino does not know how much pp you will get, lol

Bauxe

cheezstik wrote:

Illkryn wrote:

ayy

Does DT actually increase OD or is it just a theoretical effect? Because it definitely feels like an OD7 DT map is lower OD than a nomod OD8, same with OD8 DT and nomod OD9.

Also, to the HR argument, HR is definitely harder at ranks like mine, as the pp reward it gives isn't high enough compared to how hard it actually makes the map for people that can't read AR10 and play well at OD9-10 and CS5. Someone that can do those things will be much higher rank already from the nomod and DT stuff they can play. Maybe at a better rank DT/HR/nomod becomes a preference, but at my rank DT is definitely the easiest, and HR is definitely the hardest.
It is a theoretical OD increase. It speeds up the song 1.5x and thus the timing window becomes current/1.5.
Clappy

Riince wrote:

Free ~120 pp with DT
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/339058?m=0 [Insane]

and I do mean free.
130pp with SS accuracy, I saw this and went out attempted it and it wasn't free. Took some time but, it's a sizable chunk of PP and acc. Maybe I'll reach 99.5% acc if I grind maps like these.
Illkryn

cheezstik wrote:

HR seems harder cause you don't do it m8

I could read ar10 from a young rank (~30k) and I used to do hr more than DT and I never had issues.

Arrow indicating increased OD with DT on
honkers
its all about the nagi no asukara + DT (all my scores)
xxdeathx
captin1 and umi make maps that have really high pp reward for how hard they are
Green Platinum
I can't be the only one who hates this attitude of give me songs that will give me lots of pp, It's almost as if the community doesn't actually want ranks to reflect the skill of the user with them.
Lhijn
another option would be to take the shortest ar8 song you have and play it with dthd
Tamako Lumisade
Dt in fact gives a little too much pp.

I think, it's because new performance system loves jumps and when they are faster, even the easy patterns - it producing pp. From my own experience, I have to spend much more time to gain pp from nomods. Sometimes from random dthd plays I've got a plenty of it and I was like "wutwutwut. 180pp for this? Really." Maybe my speed is just better than Ar9 reading skills, dunno.
Genki1000

Husky wrote:

I think, it's because new performance system loves jumps and when they are faster, even the easy patterns - it producing pp. From my own experience, I have to spend much more time to gain pp from nomods. Sometimes from random dthd plays I've got a plenty of it and I was like "wutwutwut. 180pp for this? Really." Maybe my speed is just better than Ar9 reading skills, dunno.
I agree, I think large spacing gives way too much pp right now. When I see maps like this rated below maps like this I start to think the game favours jumps way too much.
I personally find 220bpm snaps much harder than 138bpm mid size stars, despite the latter being rated higher.
cheezstik

Genki1000 wrote:

Husky wrote:

I agree, I think large spacing gives way too much pp right now. When I see maps like this rated below maps like this I start to think the game favours jumps way too much.
I personally find 220bpm snaps much harder than 138bpm mid size stars, despite the latter being rated higher.
Yeah, jumps are worth more than streams right now, hence why the highest pp song achieved right now are remote control, this has nothing to do with DT though, as that map was played with DT (Even though most of the pp is to do with that map being OD9, as the massive jumps take up a tiny portion of the map).

Maybe you guys mean aim is worth too much / speed is worth too little?
[-Cloud-]
Buffing speed would encourage mashing imo.
Aim/Accuracy are the best things you can have in the current PP system.
silmarilen

cheezstik wrote:

Yeah, jumps are worth more than streams right now, hence why the highest pp song achieved right now are remote control, this has nothing to do with DT though, as that map was played with DT (Even though most of the pp is to do with that map being OD9, as the massive jumps take up a tiny portion of the map).

the reason those are the highest is because nobody can deathstream 250bpm

the map with the most nomod pp (leaving out tag4) is still a stream map (freedom dive)
[-Cloud-]
Less because of the streams though.
cheezstik

silmarilen wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

the reason those are the highest is because nobody can deathstream 250bpm

the map with the most nomod pp (leaving out tag4) is still a stream map (freedom dive)
Still though, my point was that jumps are worth more than streams. Freedom dive is definitely a lot harder than remote control, which is why it is worth more, despite being streams instead of jumps.
Genki1000

cheezstik wrote:

Speed pp is fine if the map is filled with 1/4 beats, but maps like the first one I linked doesn't have any of that (well, it has 110bpm 1/4s that play like 220bpm 1/2s). The system basically treats them as 110bpm really spaced streams/triplets so it hardly gives aim OR speed pp.

I'm basically talking about "alternating maps" and double bpm maps like scarlet rose/with a dance number, actually.

Other examples:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/337914
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/80104
GoldenWolf
Large and fast jumps tends to be overrated in my opinion aswell, but not by so much like I see people may think.
It's just weird to me that Hoshizora is worth less than RC, even with one being OD7 and the other OD9, Hoshizora seems so much harder than RC by being faster (much faster with DT) and having more of these fullscreens jumps.. ;w;
(Not that I'm undervaluing accuracy, balancing extremes like these seems like a pain anyway)
silmarilen
shotgun senorita is also way harder than remote control
GoldenWolf
Shotgun didn't come to mind when writing that post but yeah, it's also another example of a map being harder than RC with large/larger and faster jumps
cheezstik
There are plenty of songs with harder jumps than remote control. I think the pp value of that song comes from the fact that it is both slow enough to be played decently with DT, and that it is OD9. If hoshizora was OD9 then it would be worth more than remote control I'm sure. We'll just have to wait till someone plays both of them DT + HR I guess. Lol fuck that's never gonna happen
Rewben2

cheezstik wrote:

There are plenty of songs with harder jumps than remote control. I think the pp value of that song comes from the fact that it is both slow enough to be played decently with DT, and that it is OD9. If hoshizora was OD9 then it would be worth more than remote control I'm sure. We'll just have to wait till someone plays both of them DT + HR I guess. Lol fuck that's never gonna happen
I don't think it would be. Hoshizora no ima has a lower star rating than remote control as well as less objects so it wouldn't be worth more than remote control even if it were OD9.
[-Cloud-]
You underestimate the difference between OD8 and 9.
cheezstik

Rewben2 wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

I don't think it would be. Hoshizora no ima has a lower star rating than remote control as well as less objects so it wouldn't be worth more than remote control even if it were OD9.
Hmm, true, I didn't really think about that. Tillerino confirms that with HR remote control is still worth more. Not sure about the effect of DT on that though, maybe hoshizora DTHR would be worth more than remote control DTHR.
Kittles
The best way to gain pp is to not worry about pp.
Vuelo Eluko

pied wrote:

The best way to gain pp is to not worry about pp.
i stop gaining pp when i stop trying
gregest
ohmygod,what have I done....
Rewben2

[-Cloud-] wrote:

You underestimate the difference between OD8 and 9.

Me?
Illkryn

cheezstik wrote:

Hmm, true, I didn't really think about that. Tillerino confirms that with HR remote control is still worth more. Not sure about the effect of DT on that though, maybe hoshizora DTHR would be worth more than remote control DTHR.

Nope hoshizora DTHR is .16 star rating less which is quite a fair amount up that high so would give vastly less pp
burnijng
Know any high pp reward maps? Im 64k trash :D
Please link more maps for me.
Kappa :D
Mahogany
Wow rude necro

Just ask tillerino for maps at 64k it's not like there's going to be impossible stuff
Gumpy
Rude
-Makishima S-

burnijng wrote:

Who are you?!

my top ranks... hf
StephOsu

burnijng wrote:

nice meme
just trust tillerino and get pp just try to full combo any map, fail and cry and uninstall osu
ZenithPhantasm
The days when Rewben used to post. Rip best senpai 2014
Vuelo Eluko

Rewben2 wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

holy fuck rewben is back????????????////////

wait no
show more