forum

I'm inconsitent and don't know how to fix it

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lhijn
Sometimes I do really good, but most of the time is more like I need ~50+tries to finish a map (I know that I can't 1-hit-combo a song everytime) with S. Like: I miss note i shouldn't but I still do and then I'm stuck at that part for a longer duration. Any ideas how I can solve that?
GoldenWolf
Ah, that sounds very familiar to me.
I hope you're very patient and are able to endure the pain of a mountain of 1x miss scores.

On a more serious note: Play a lot of different maps, don't retry, play them to the end and switch to another map
Topic Starter
Lhijn

GoldenWolf wrote:

Ah, that sounds very familiar to me.
I hope you're very patient and are able to endure the pain of a mountain of 1x miss scores.

On a more serious note: Play a lot of different maps, don't retry, play them to the end and switch to another map
Yea, I kinda try to get of this habit of retrying at every miss.
B1rd
yep. if you want to get consistent, never retry.
winber1
play scarlet rose
FlyingKebab

winber1 wrote:

play scarlet rose
OFF TOPIC: One day someone will haul back an S rank on Scarlet Rose 10 minutes after someone posts this to completely stomp the poster. (When did "Play Scarlet Rose" become a thing? Is this because of the "Hardest map" thing?).
chainpullz

FlyingKebab wrote:

winber1 wrote:

play scarlet rose
OFF TOPIC: One day someone will haul back an S rank on Scarlet Rose 10 minutes after someone posts this to completely stomp the poster. (When did "Play Scarlet Rose" become a thing? Is this because of the "Hardest map" thing?).
Set scarlet rose to od10 and have fun.
FlyingKebab

chainpullz wrote:

Scarlet Rose is mainly sliders, I don't see your point nor do I even know why we are talking about Scarlet Rose in the first place.
winber1
roses are romantic and lovely, and scarlet is a type of red, the color of love,

and you know whats the hardest thing in life? love.
chainpullz

FlyingKebab wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

Scarlet Rose is mainly sliders, I don't see your point nor do I even know why we are talking about Scarlet Rose in the first place.
Well spoken mashingkebab. We shall resume this discussion when you understand the meaning of finger control.
Omgforz

winber1 wrote:

roses are romantic and lovely, and scarlet is a type of red, the color of love,

and you know whats the hardest thing in life? love.
this guy knows what's up

ontopic: listen to b1rd, that's basically it
FlyingKebab

chainpullz wrote:

Well spoken mashingkebab. We shall resume this discussion when you understand the meaning of finger control.
OD doesn't change how slider breaks behave nor does it change speed, a slider break is a slider break on OD1 or OD10. Although Scarlet Rose has a reasonable amount of singles it's a better thing to mention OD10 on jumpy single maps.
Vuelo Eluko
i prefer low od [7-8] for jumpy maps, and high od [9+] on streamy maps.
sayonara_sekai

FlyingKebab wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

OD doesn't change how slider breaks behave nor does it change speed, a slider break is a slider break on OD1 or OD10. Although Scarlet Rose has a reasonable amount of singles it's a better thing to mention OD10 on jumpy single maps.
you sure know a lot about this game

i'd sure like to see you play any of these 5+ star maps you're so well versed in with a key overlay up, I suspect it would look something like 3000 presses on both keys when the map has 700 objects
[-Cloud-]
Play without retrying, play hidden and play long maps.
Mofu kun
to sum up, play more.
E m i

phonics wrote:

FlyingKebab wrote:

you sure know a lot about this game

i'd sure like to see you play any of these 5+ star maps you're so well versed in with a key overlay up, I suspect it would look something like 3000 presses on both keys when the map has 700 objects
the ad hominemification is strong with this one.
but if you actually wanna know what OD does (which i highly doubt you do)
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Song_Setup#Overall_Difficulty
sayonara_sekai
wow, thanks. :)
FlyingKebab

phonics wrote:

FlyingKebab wrote:

It would probably be less than 700 since i wouldn't even be fast enough to press everything. I almost always single tap and I don't alternate, either I click enough or I don't click everything.
Dexus
You get consistent by knowing what your mistakes are and how to fix and prevent them from happening. You can retry as much as you want on a map; in fact it's good because then you can pinpoint what you're doing wrong. If you blindly play through a map and then never play it again you're not going to understand what you messed up on. If you come upon a mistake, you make note of it and then try again and see if you're able correct it.

OD doesn't matter for training consistency and accuracy, it's an artificial way of correcting you which doesn't even tell you what you're doing wrong aside from too early or too late (which that amount of time is so small if you're not intentionally hitting for it you're never going to adjust correctly for it).
[-Cloud-]
OD tells you by 100s/50s that you're pressing too early/late, so that's not really true. Of course, you need to listen to the music, but high OD helps a lot by punishing you for your mistakes.
Dexus
You don't understand how much of a joke the OD windows are.
[-Cloud-]
I do, OD basically seperates good players from bad players. That's why people who play High OD will improve more in terms of accuracy over time than some who are stuck on OD8.
Topic Starter
Lhijn

MoF10 wrote:

to sum up, play more.
even more 0.o rip life
i guess i just have to spam tillerino for maps
Dexus

[-Cloud-] wrote:

I do, OD basically seperates good players from bad players. That's why people who play High OD will improve more in terms of accuracy over time than some who are stuck on OD8.
OD9 and OD10 isn't going to teach you shit if you don't understand why you're hitting your keys. I improved in terms of accuracy and consistency by playing a shit ton of maps and trying to be super stable and understand why every note I was hitting was there and what it did in terms of rhythm for the music. OD is just a nag that really is totally useless if you're trying to self improve. If you know you're hitting correctly and your hit error is showing you're steady in the center then there's no issues. If you hit even -10/+10 you can play any map with any OD setting you'd like, even OD10 with DT and you would still be getting an SS.
chainpullz

Dexus wrote:

[-Cloud-] wrote:

OD9 and OD10 isn't going to teach you shit if you don't understand why you're hitting your keys. I improved in terms of accuracy and consistency by playing a shit ton of maps and trying to be super stable and understand why every note I was hitting was there and what it did in terms of rhythm for the music. OD is just a nag that really is totally useless if you're trying to self improve. If you know you're hitting correctly and your hit error is showing you're steady in the center then there's no issues. If you hit even -10/+10 you can play any map with any OD setting you'd like, even OD10 with DT and you would still be getting an SS.
On the other hand, you can get 100% on OD7/8 and have like 90% acc when set to OD10. I played a stream heavy map the other day with HR and pretty much full-300'd the streams with OD7 and had like 75% acc with OD9.8. Lower OD just encourages shittier acc.
FlyingKebab
It's not that OD10 itself makes you better, it is just that you will see a lot of more 100's/50's and you will try to adjust off of that. If you played lets say OD8 and saw 300's you wouldn't try to change anything now would you?
nrl

FlyingKebab wrote:

Scarlet Rose's hardest parts are hard because of the presence of spaced, alternated singles. You have no idea what you're talking about.
akitoApocalypse
Haven't really played it at all but based on the youtube videos Scarlet Rose is also hard because the hit circles go all over the place.
No way to predict it = more challenge! :D
[-Cloud-]

MrSurvivor wrote:

Haven't really played it at all but based on the youtube videos Scarlet Rose is also hard because the hit circles go all over the place.
No way to predict it = more challenge! :D

People are usually reading maps, not predicting them.