forum

Osu!mouse

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WaldaW
Hi . I am mouse+keyboard player and I want to ask you something . I don´t know wich one I have to choose. Please help .

Razer Deathadder ( Chroma )
or
Razer Abyssus 2014 Ambidextrous
or
A4tech Bloody Terminator TL8 Core 3
or
Your tips

Btw : Now I am playing on "Genius GX Gaming DEATH TAKER" and I want to change . And if you want watch my Youtube channel I will be happy https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW2O6q ... zI3tLS1ytQ ( yes I know I am not good player :) ) .

Sorry for my bad grammar :D .
Ayachi-
this should be in gameplays and ranking
Litenang
I'm always a huge supporter of the logitech g400
Rokusho

Lightningtwilly wrote:

I'm always a huge supporter of the logitech g400
Same, although I haven't really tried other mice I really like the g400s one.
Gumpy
From experience everything with Razer on it breaks quickly (same for my friends) so I just tend too stick with logitech mice.
NixXSkate
Time for the same old copy-paste:

NixXSkate wrote:

As far as mice with perfect/near perfect sensors, the best choices for mouse only are:

Heavy/Big mice (good for stability while clicking):
Microsoft IME3.0- The standard among most asians, used by Change, Shizuru, Lemonwater, Pyonta, etc., 400 DPI, be sure to overclock
Razer DeathAdder (Black)- Most stable DeathAdder IMO, some might not like how the buttons don't bottom out though.

Normal Size mice:
Microsoft Intellimouse 1.1a- 400 DPI, be sure to overclock
Mionix Avior 7000- Pretty low lift-off, can go up to 7000 DPI with the new Avago sensor (probably has smoothing really high DPIs)
Roccat Pure Kone Optical- No complaints tbh
MAYBE CM Storm Alcor- Similar to IME3.0 shape but smaller, but never tried this mouse out yet.
MAYBE Roccat Savu- Low control speed depending on surface. (Infrared A3090 sensor has this problem)

Small mice:
CM Storm Spawn- Low positioned sensor
CM Storm Recon- Unbalanced (much heavier toward the bottom), but very well made buttons.
MAYBE Logitech G100S- Not a perfect sensor like the rest on the list, but very close.

Other good mice I would NOT recommend for mouse only (Ok for Mouse+KB):
Razer Abyssus- Razer quality, spongy buttons. Keep note that the 2014 version is very poor in comparison and has low control speed.
Microsoft WMO 1.1a- 400 DPI, stiff buttons (or maybe it's just mine...)
Logitech G400/G400S- Great mouse but the shape and buttons aren't well suited for mouse only.
Mionix Naos 7000- Comfy, but poor grip for precision aiming.
Epicgear Cyclops- Infrared A3090 sensor. Tracks perfectly on 1600 DPI setting, but not 800. Stiff buttons
Zowie FK/AM/EC/EC2- Very low liftoff, weak mouse buttons, would not recommend Zowie mice for osu!, more for fps games.

Mice with perfect sensors I'm unsure about:
Razer Krait, Steelseries Rival/Kana V2, Corsair M45, Mad Catz R.A.T. 3 Optical, Logitech G402/G502
Laser mice generally have some acceleration, so optical mice are preferred. The DeathAdder Chroma has extremely high DPI for the sensor it's using. Although it's a great sensor, it's going to have smoothing either at only high DPIs, or possibly all the time. Basically all your options are kinda lame, but if I had to choose of your 3 choices, I would pick the DeathAdder Chroma.

Gumpyyy wrote:

From experience everything with Razer on it breaks quickly (same for my friends) so I just tend too stick with logitech mice.
I had 3 G400 mice and they all broke from rage. I had 1 DeathAdder Black that outlived them all combined. Don't get me wrong, Logitech is definitely a better company than Razer, when I broke my 2nd G400, they sent a 3rd without even requiring some RMA bullshit. I don't know if the internal structure of the G400S is similar or not, I know the MX518's isn't, but the internal design of the G400 had 2 chips connected with some kind of "bridge", and all 3 of my mice broke from the contacts of the "bridge" completely getting disconnected from this silly abnormal internal mouse design. Whenever it broke, the mouse became unusable since no top button would register. If you always treat your mice nice, people still had problems with the wire on the G400 wearing out. When my DeathAdder Black eventually broke, it was because the scroll wheel snapped and couldn't click (this is the most common way for a mouse to break because all scroll wheels are held by a thin piece of plastic). People always badmouth Razer, when they should be badmouthing specific Razer products instead, because some of them are fine. I've owned 4 Razer products, and the only ones I had a problem with were the Abyssus (switch wore out really fast) and the Imperator. My DeathAdder Black and BlackWidow took my rage like champions.
Gumpy
I should probably refrace it to most, but as stated it's from my experience all razer products I have owned have broke within 5-10 months. 5-10 months is not very good seeing as how my backup mouse (Logitech) is like 6-7 years old and still works.
Topic Starter
WaldaW
Thanks for tips :) now i select between Logitech g400s Razer DeathAdder Chroma Logitech g502
FrzR

Bugvoun CZ wrote:

Thanks for tips :) now i select between Logitech g400s Razer DeathAdder Chroma Logitech g502
Logitech G400s. Been using it for months now. My ranks have greatly improved I tell you that. :D

The Razer "desu"Adder Chroma, for me it's like just for show off kind of thing with its customizable LED. Haven't tried it, but some have good opinions about it for osu!. Just the price that is probably twice the price of the G400s.

The Logitech G502, has around the same(?) performance as the G400s. But has more buttons lol. Its software has good stuff that somehow makes your mouse adapt to what kind of mousepad/surface you're playing on. To make it "better". It's a bit more pricey than the G400s. lol
buny

Bugvoun CZ wrote:

g400s or deathadder, whichever is cheaper
AmaiHachimitsu

buny wrote:

Bugvoun CZ wrote:

g400s or deathadder, whichever is cheaper
They differ significantly in shape and weight, so it'd be better to go with the shape most suitable for the OP

No need to save money if the OP is ready to buy totally overpriced Chroma (DA 2013 would be as good)