forum

Consistency and accuarcy issues - HD or HR?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Saphirshroom
I've noticed my consistency (talking about mouse movement here) drop a bit recently. This could be because I'm playing faster songs or it could actually be dropping... Can't really find an objective way to judge that, maybe I just had a bad day.
Anyway, do you think playing HD/HR helps with note snapping?
I've heard hidden helps quite a bit... How important is note snapping in general? I don't have problems with jumps but I've noticed myself "rounding off" my movement after sliders, essentially not making a sharp turn but rather a curve towards the next note. Only slightly, obviously, but I still miss some easy notes after sliders. Or I could just play more and hope for it to go away.

Also, is it even worth picking up HR yet? I mean, I can react to AR10 but my accuracy drops like 10%. Don't really know if that wouldn't just let me fall into bad mashing habits x:
Vuelo Eluko
yes, but you dont need hidden to reap the benefits of hard rock
sayonara_sekai
if you figure out how to teach yourself to snap let me know because i cant snap shiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
I Give Up
Nomod for life. Note snapping comes with good reading or memorising.
f i z i k
snapping: try to move as fast and straight as possible to a note,as soon as you see it. soon it will be natural for you to do so
consistency: HD
accuracy: HR
chainpullz
HR is really hard so I really would not recommend it for the sake of practicing aim. You pretty much have to maintain an unstable rate of at most 160 just to pass a lot of songs with low note density. Combine that with having to learn AR10 and CS5.2 and it's really not worth the effort until you get significantly better in all areas.

Hidden is pretty much only good at getting better with hidden. You can accomplish the same supposed "improvements" simply by focusing harder on the notes. I'm fairly certain the people who are convinced that hidden makes you better and/or makes things easier are simply experiencing the placebo effect. With that said, since they are so convinced it makes things easier they will actually play worse if they take it off (again, placebo effect). Also, from a pp standpoint, a 99% nomod score is worth the same as a 98% hidden score on most maps. Unless you are pushing over 99% accuracy with hidden you were probably better off not messing with it all (my personal opinion).

TL;DR just play more and focus on the things you are bad at. HR is probably the only mod worth playing of the two mentioned and you are nowhere near the point where you can even benefit from it yet.
nooblet

KukiMonster wrote:

Nomod for life. Note snapping comes with good reading or memorising.
nomod best mod.

accuracy comes with playing higher OD's, just look for OD 8/9 (whichever your limit is at) and try to get 99+ on them. No need for HR until you start needing OD 10.
buny
You're rank 40k

most people don't even touch hr until 4 digits
B1rd
snapping isn't that important, however generally you want to be moving your cursor in a straightish line. Don't bother with hidden or hardrock, practice on no-mod; practice snapping to notes in a straight line, and as for sliders, pay attention to following the slider-ball carefully, and then snap directly to the next note at the end of the slider.
Topic Starter
Saphirshroom

chainpullz wrote:

[...]
TL;DR just play more and focus on the things you are bad at. HR is probably the only mod worth playing of the two mentioned and you are nowhere near the point where you can even benefit from it yet.
Well, I feel like hidden helped me with a general feel of rhythm because it forces you to concentrate on it. Don't think it influenced my accuracy positively other than that tho.

buny wrote:

You're rank 40k

most people don't even touch hr until 4 digits
Yeah, I suspected something like that.

Alright, thanks to everyone!
Gumpy
I suck with hidden so I just go DT or HR.
Synpoo
play HD for free pp
Shiro
If you want to practice consistency, just forbid yourself from retrying. Give each map one unique try and do not pause until the map is over or until you fail.
nrl

Shiro wrote:

If you want to practice consistency, just forbid yourself from retrying. Give each map one unique try and do not pause until the map is over or until you fail.
True story.
Xilver15
otoed1
I still play nomod and I'm rank 16k. Leave mods alone for now. Personally, I would use something like tillerino to keep your self challenged (some people find it too hard or too easy with till so results may vary.)
Ohrami
focus eyes on each circle in sequence, and just try to move your cursor straight. that's how most people do "snapping"