forum

What got you interested in Osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
PLAYER WITH RSI
omg i dont even remember
Kouya-
Saw one of my sister's friends play it as an example of free games on PC .

Took me half an hour to find the name of it on google .

Never Regretted wasted that half hour at all .
HaruryuuSan
Inspired by WubWoofWolf and Lewa
Darkdog
Some League stream is where I first saw it, didn't think too much of it at first but then I heard a certain song on it so I thought I'd give it a go. Fast forward a year I'm almost addicted :3
TheNekoNextDoor
My own curiosity, the same way I got into anime and Vocaloid.
TakuMii
Wow, there's no way I can be the only person who started playing because I enjoyed the game that osu! was based on...
Top Bunk

YayMii wrote:

Wow, there's no way I can be the only person who started playing because I enjoyed the game that osu! was based on...
Probably not the only one, but EBA wasn't very well advertised or anything at the time and didn't sell that well. I didn't even know there was such a game until after playing osu! and hearing mention of it. And then didn't find out osu! was based off it until even later. :v

Though I don't even remember how I first found this game. I think it was merely by accident. But then I went on hiatus for 3-4 years because I was self-conscious of playing a game with a flashy pink logo when my family was around. And then was reintroduced when I heard someone on another site mention the game after such a long time. And I'm no longer self-conscious and don't care what people think now.
BrokenArrow
came for the circles, stayed for the grills
XPJ38

YayMii wrote:

You are not the only one, dw :3
Black Wolf159
A friend "[_Chichinya_]" brought me here and recomend me this game, but the knockout gave it WubWoofWolf in a video. And well, here I am...
AR10 Only
Wanted a good music game and i've found this one over a forum.
Rio-

TheNekoNextDoor wrote:

My own curiosity, the same way I got into anime and, Vocaloid, and Touhou.
R11_old_1
I got inspired by a css player and the fact that there are circles in it
NicoNicoNiii
A friend introduced me and I suddenly fell in love with osu.
buckiehero
mah fwends yo, quit for 10 months came back because of the RWBY song Jeff Williams - This Will Be The Day, then i became addicted then it happened
slithien
I saw a video of someone playing it and thought it looked like a crap game...
2 months later I had a weird dream where Japanese people in skin tight latex suits had to hit flying ping pong balls with their hands in time with some hardcore anime rave music...
Makaii
Toukai
I was playing the DS game on the computer and I got frustrated cause clicking the circles wont work so I searched up an online flash game and ended up with osu
honey
one random day i decided to browse twitch because i got bored of watching league of legends and came across osu. very glad i did that because its all i play now c:
Mayushima
The mostly otaku community, the amazing feeling when you get a FC on a song and etc.
Kurabuman
At a lan party a friend started playing Weed Circulation through his speakers. I investigated and saw that it was actually a rhythm game and downloaded right away. Didn't get it, un-install. Months later see gameplay of Weed Circulation when looking for just the song, re-download and played ever since.

Thanks based snoop for giving me interest in this addiction.
NinjaSynFrey
A Friend of mine introduced me to this game and i got addicted to it :3
Although, i started playing osu!mania first, but i switched over to the main osu! gameplay. I sometimes play Taiko.
lemonguy
Got bored of Guitar Hero like everyone else, and kinda just followed people over. I only play mania though (a little bit of taiko too).
Doginator
Saw Cookiezi play it.
Wanted to be like him.

Failed tutorial.
[ Mephisto ]
I Know from My Friend Facebook
i watch their Liveplay Playing Mania
and i got Interested to Play osu!

sorry if my English is Wrong x(
Jatie
I was randomly browsing Twitch, and the 2013 OWC Final was on, so I watched to see what it was.
Half a year later, I was finally bothered to get osu!
No regrets.
Veld
At class a few classmates invited me for multi, there it all began.
Dznutz
A few of my home girls invited me to their friend's house to have a few drinks and kick it.
They all play league and shit but i dont and wont plan on it.

During their downtime on league they played Osu.
They asked me if i wanted to give it a go; So i sat in the chair all buzzed,

Aaaannddd Shaabam, I'm here now lol.
Word up peeps o/
Lilly Satou
Found gameplay [Cookiezi] around two years ago.
Tried it out, and it stuck. For around a year.
Dropped out of the gameplay because I got tired of it for two years.
Came back, and I'm stuck in the fun once again.
:)
Syphist
My friend in Germany introduced it to me 3 years ago, and I played CtB with him and his friends for a while, then quit because I sucked. About 3 months ago I was bored and remembered I had the game (IDK what made me remember it) so I tried launching it. It was about 3 years outdated so osume.exe wouldn't work, so I quickly copied all my songs and did a reinstall. Now I am here with the tablet I purchased doing pretty well.

EDIT:
I guess my account is 3 years old as of today. I guess it has been a while.
Granger
Im not entirely sure, i've known about osu! for quite a while but never installed it untill about a half year ago. A few friends played it so i finally asked them where to get it.
Gumpy
Guess I just wanted too play a rythm game.
Nameless
I found out on the gaming section of a Minecraft community's forum, didn't like the game for the 1st hour but then came back a week later and I was like: 'This is frickin' amazin'
Dollmaker
hum....was a friend that told me about this game,and saw it in youtube
nyxuppini
Some youtube videos. And some posts in facebook.
AdamMZ
I love the concept of the game. It's a new thing to me.
Dreamcast
I just love music/rhythm. I could have started playing this on late 2010/early 2011 but I was really into Audiosurf in those days.
It took like 2 years for my friends to get me start playing osu! lol
dark link lover
my friend told me about this game and i love music and rhythm games so i download this game ^^
Eddy EX
One of the people in an A&M Chat I frequent mentioned about streaming a game called Osu!
It looked fun and I started playing and well...I really liked it. :D
Cerulean Veyron
Some random page in facebook posted videos of osu, and it dragged me here.
show more