forum

StarCraft II

posted
Total Posts
show more
Xanek
/gasp

Edit:
StarCraft II Beta – Patch 16 (version 0.19.0.15976)

General

* Rally points now behave as a move command, instead of an attack move command.
* Enabled the ability to manually add a StarCraft II character friend using the player's character code. Character code is a server-assigned numerical code that is displayed within the Add Friend panel.
* Battle.net Achievements & Rewards have been updated.
* All Quick Match modes are now available: 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and Free For All.
* All A.I. difficulties are now available for play.
* Cooperative matchmaking versus A.I. players is now available as a play mode.
* Enabled cross-game social features between World of Warcraft and StarCraft II.

Balance Changes

* ZERG

o Infestor

+ Frenzy spell removed.
+ Infested Terran spell added.

o Overseer

+ Infested Terran spell removed.

o Ultralisk

+ Now immune to stuns and mind control.

lolwut they put infested terran back into infestors?
MegaManEXE

Lybydose wrote:

who?
TheLittleOne, a pro random player from Germany.

He's known for really crazy and creative playstyles and a lot of flair when he plays so he has a large fanbase, plus the fact that he plays random at a high level and can compete with other high level players is amazing.

Anyways beta is up now :)
Xanek
BETA UP!!!! YAY

also they changed icon for sc2 map editor
also wut no 3v3/4v4 stupid practice league
wtf 2 placement matches?
Edit: fucking A, I can't play well anymore :[
matchmaking down wat /rage
i'm going to be in fucking bronze league i bet -.- lost 3 out of 4 already qq
Lybydose
wtf?

Well, apparently I can log in with my other B.net account that I didn't even know existed that has had beta access since April. I have no idea why the other account has SCII beta access, because the account doesn't have ANY games on it, and I never even opted in.

Also my name on that account is Bob Dole, and I can't even change it.
Xanek
get support >.>
also fucking bronze league again, and the people there don't even play like they're suppose to be in bronze league
KIA
Xanek
is that from those propaganda posters people are submitting to blizzard?
bmin11
I miss my vulture ;_;
Xanek
Oh bah, at least the hellion was a good tradeoff
MegaManEXE
Not really lol

Hellions can't be microed the way vultures could, and they do shitty damage to everything except workers and zerglings pretty much, and even then you need like 3 or 4 of them at least to be able to kill things at a reasonable pace

Plus no spider mines

:(
Xanek
Bah :[
Add me to your friends lists :C
character code: 809
Character name: Xanek

Edit: you know that there is more difficulties now for the computer? BTW Hard diff is semi-normal pushes
EditEdit: someone else post, and you can play co-op w/ other players against AI's
Xanek
Two_old
finally got into beta for the last weekend

not even going to bother with it
Xanek
That sucks alot >.>;, also how bout them low leagued players that somehow play a shit ton better than you do? :|
edit:
I want to pre-order but don't have any money lol :[
Xanek
http://beta-us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/22209

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty Beta Test Draws to a Close

by Lylirra
// Jul 16, 2010 11:58:42 PM UTC

We would like to thank everyone who has participated in the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty beta test. You've done an admirable job of testing, and we greatly appreciate all of the feedback you provided during this critical phase of development. It's been a lot of fun; however, all good things must come to an end.

In preparation for the launch of the game on Tuesday, July 27, the beta servers will be brought offline by Monday, July 19. At that time, all beta accounts and character information will be reset and the ability to create forum posts and comments on the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty website will be unavailable until launch. In the meantime, we still encourage everyone to stay tuned to the website for exciting news and updates regarding the upcoming release.

Thank you again for your participation, and we'll see you soon on Battle.net!
Nharox
The game is out and nobody here is talking about it? I am disappoint. Btw. somebody should change the topic to Starcraft 2.
qlum
we are to busy playing it
Topic Starter
Ph0X
Fuck to all you fags who fed Activision (:
qlum

Ph0X wrote:

Blizzard hasn't been corrupted by them that much judging from Starcraft II, besides I'm a pirate.
Yes I know you are trying to troll
Xanek
someone buy the game :<
MegaManEXE
I bought the game o.o

I forgot my 3 digit identifier thing though

7-1 in plat right now, should be 8-0 but I was retarded and ran my dudes down a ramp into tanks instead of dropping onto them. Oh well.

Haven't played the campaign, probably not going to.
Mystearica

Really. Still had plenty time to finish that game huh? Cute.

This game isn't SC anymore, anyone agree?
Xanek
What makes you say that?
Topic Starter
Ph0X

qlum wrote:

Ph0X wrote:

Blizzard hasn't been corrupted by them that much judging from Starcraft II, besides I'm a pirate.
Yes I know you are trying to troll
No I'm not trolling.
Yes Blizzard has been corrupted (RealID was so close to pass)
And judging from SC2? What are you smoking?

They completely destroyed SC2, and the only good thing it has comes from the community, not from Blizzard.
There was this article about Valve saying that you should see games as services, and tbh, this service is not worth any more than 40$.
People paying for the Collector's Edition make me rage the most though
Xanek
How was it completely destroyed?

And people pay for games because it interests them, so I dont think it really matters if the price is that high for it, unless it was utter crap.
Two_old
Activision is satan and, by extension, Blizzard. I'm not opposed to getting things I want from satan, though.
Topic Starter
Ph0X

Xanek wrote:

How was it completely destroyed?

And people pay for games because it interests them, so I dont think it really matters if the price is that high for it, unless it was utter crap.
No, they pay for it because they've been brainwashed and they are fan boys?
Why did so many people buy mw2? Same reasons. People are retarded.
They get fucked in the ass and they love it.
Pokebis
Ignore Ph0X, he just hates anything popular.
I'm not particularly fond of the $60 price tag, though.
Xanek
most console games start out at $60

also you didn't answer on how it was completely destroyed
Shohei Ohtani

bmin11 wrote:

CDFA wrote:

So I played Starcraft 2 Beta with 3 experienced players without ever playing a Starcraft game before.

I was good until they started attacking me.
That shouldn't be happening. I heard that the new Battle Net matches the player with similar winning rates :?
Replying 3 months late to say that I was with 3 friends at netfragz, playing Left 4 Dead 2, and they were like "OMG BRIAN PLAY STARCRAFT II"

Also I've lost my brother to the game.
Topic Starter
Ph0X

Xanek wrote:

No more lan
no more cross-regional play
60$ again for dlc
can't play with people who have dlc
can't pick server
can't host any map you want
no more /f chatting
no more chat rooms
over priced
you pay 60$ and all you get is terran campaign
you can't play anything if bnet is down or if you don't have internet
and I can keep on going

This is the same problem as with mw2, even though they removed shitload of important stuff (dedicated servers, modding, etc), people still sucked activisions dick and loved the game, not realizing that they're paying more for less.

Of course, you can say that the game is still worth 60$, but imo, it isn't.
The game + the community content might be worth that much, but I refuse to feed money to activision for something the community is building. If you believe in something, you have to stick to it and not pussy out right when the game comes out.

Image Related
Gabi
You can't really blame them for removing LAN, or 50% (random number) of the copies wouldn't have been sold. Sure this pisses alot of people off, but as you said there are tons of fanboys that will buy the game anyway.

But i do agree with you
Topic Starter
Ph0X
Anti-Piracy measures should NEVER EVER come in the way of the PAYING customer.
That's my opinion, and I know quite a lot of developers who have the same reasoning,
and every single one of them has the respect of his customers, and doesn't have any piracy issues.
Takuma

CDFA wrote:

Also I've lost my brother to the game.
My brother made me start playing with the trial thing he had. I hate it right now cause I never win, and I've only been playing against A.I.'s! Right now I'm using Protoss, though. It always seems like I'm going at too slow a pace because they always come rape my base early in the game.
Randy96

Ph0X wrote:

Xanek wrote:

No more lan - true
over priced - true
you pay 60$ and all you get is terran campaign - true
you can't play anything if bnet is down or if you don't have internet - you only need it to install the game, not to play it
and I can keep on going
going beyond that, void rays are imba
mosluv

Takuma wrote:

My brother made me start playing with the trial thing he had. I hate it right now cause I never win, and I've only been playing against A.I.'s! Right now I'm using Protoss, though. It always seems like I'm going at too slow a pace because they always come rape my base early in the game.
Are you still on the trial? If not, what's your Name.### on there?! I need someone to play with o:!
MegaManEXE

Ph0X wrote:

Xanek wrote:

No more lan Yeah it sucks but anti-piracy + the new battle.net system explains this, the two problems with no lan are that households have to buy 2 or 3 copies to play with each other and there's no lan for tournaments (though I heard rumors of a "tournament pack" for tournament organizers that would have lan, not sure if those are true or not but since Blizzard teamed up with GOM now in Korea, maybe it will happen since they seem interested in promoting esports). I thought I was going to miss lan because I'm a big DotA player on WC3 and I wanted a listchecker-type of program for SC2, but the way b.net is set up you don't really need a third party program like that (not saying I like their system but it makes listchecker largely useless). Honestly, the only situations people are going to play lan is because of: a. piracy + hamachi, b. tournament (which I mentioned), c. cyber cafe d. rare occasion that two brothers in the same house want to play or something like that, or the even rarer occasion that the whole damn family wants to play. Don't people just bring their computers to LAN parties anyways? So that's not even a valid point since everyone would have their own copies of SC2 anyways. I'd like it if that "Spawn" feature from SC1 came back so you could install it on a friend's computer and have them play with you but oh well.
no more cross-regional play Going to be addressed in the future
60$ again for dlc What? The expansions? Nobody complained about Brood War when that came out, and that offered less content than these expansions are going to have, plus they're not even confirmed to be $60.
can't play with people who have dlc You couldn't do that in SC1+BW or WC3+TFT, I don't see the validity here.
can't pick server I honestly don't have a huge problem with lag playing on the b.net servers, other than the first few days of the game being released. It's not listchecker-esque or iccup launcher type of zero lag, but it's really not that bad, and in SC2 you don't need picture-perfect timing, apm, and accuracy to be good at the game, so if there is some sort of small delay it's negligible. Even the pros have admitted that the game takes less overall effort than Brood War.
can't host any map you want Thought I heard something about them changing the way custom maps work in the future, but I can't quite recall
no more /f chatting Sucks but hopefully they'll address it in a patch when they overhaul the chat system
no more chat rooms Future patch along with clan support
over priced Opinion, I have no problem paying $60 for a game I'll play for hundreds/thousands of hours, rather than paying $60 for a game like FF13 for the 360 that I'll play for 40-50 hours and never play again.
you pay 60$ and all you get is terran campaign I don' t care about campaign at all but I can see how people would complain about this, however everyone I know who's played the campaign has said it is fantastic, even if they are Zerg/Toss players primarily.
you can't play anything if bnet is down or if you don't have internet Not really that big of a deal
and I can keep on going
Sounds like most of the stuff you're complaining about is stuff 90% of the community has been complaining about for over a year now , while the rest is up for debate/minor things that people have come to terms with by now. Coincidentally the stuff that everyone's been complaining about (chat rooms, cross-realm play, custom map system) are all things Blizzard has said they'll address via patches after release.

And if you're going to argue that Blizzard should have fixed all this shit before the game came out, there's no way, they thought it was a good idea and the feedback they got from beta and the community proved otherwise. You can't completely rehaul a game this massive that's been in production for god knows how many years, which is why myself (and others) are fine with the game as it is now and can look forward to it getting "fixed" in the future.

inb4igetcalledablizzardfanboy
Xanek

MegaManEXE wrote:

Ph0X wrote:

SPOILER
No more lan Yeah it sucks but anti-piracy + the new battle.net system explains this, the two problems with no lan are that households have to buy 2 or 3 copies to play with each other and there's no lan for tournaments (though I heard rumors of a "tournament pack" for tournament organizers that would have lan, not sure if those are true or not but since Blizzard teamed up with GOM now in Korea, maybe it will happen since they seem interested in promoting esports). I thought I was going to miss lan because I'm a big DotA player on WC3 and I wanted a listchecker-type of program for SC2, but the way b.net is set up you don't really need a third party program like that (not saying I like their system but it makes listchecker largely useless). Honestly, the only situations people are going to play lan is because of: a. piracy + hamachi, b. tournament (which I mentioned), c. cyber cafe d. rare occasion that two brothers in the same house want to play or something like that, or the even rarer occasion that the whole damn family wants to play. Don't people just bring their computers to LAN parties anyways? So that's not even a valid point since everyone would have their own copies of SC2 anyways. I'd like it if that "Spawn" feature from SC1 came back so you could install it on a friend's computer and have them play with you but oh well.
no more cross-regional play Going to be addressed in the future
60$ again for dlc What? The expansions? Nobody complained about Brood War when that came out, and that offered less content than these expansions are going to have, plus they're not even confirmed to be $60.
can't play with people who have dlc You couldn't do that in SC1+BW or WC3+TFT, I don't see the validity here.
can't pick server I honestly don't have a huge problem with lag playing on the b.net servers, other than the first few days of the game being released. It's not listchecker-esque or iccup launcher type of zero lag, but it's really not that bad, and in SC2 you don't need picture-perfect timing, apm, and accuracy to be good at the game, so if there is some sort of small delay it's negligible. Even the pros have admitted that the game takes less overall effort than Brood War.
can't host any map you want Thought I heard something about them changing the way custom maps work in the future, but I can't quite recall
no more /f chatting Sucks but hopefully they'll address it in a patch when they overhaul the chat system
no more chat rooms Future patch along with clan support
over priced Opinion, I have no problem paying $60 for a game I'll play for hundreds/thousands of hours, rather than paying $60 for a game like FF13 for the 360 that I'll play for 40-50 hours and never play again.
you pay 60$ and all you get is terran campaign I don' t care about campaign at all but I can see how people would complain about this, however everyone I know who's played the campaign has said it is fantastic, even if they are Zerg/Toss players primarily.
you can't play anything if bnet is down or if you don't have internet Not really that big of a deal
and I can keep on going

Sounds like most of the stuff you're complaining about is stuff 90% of the community has been complaining about for over a year now , while the rest is up for debate/minor things that people have come to terms with by now. Coincidentally the stuff that everyone's been complaining about (chat rooms, cross-realm play, custom map system) are all things Blizzard has said they'll address via patches after release.

And if you're going to argue that Blizzard should have fixed all this shit before the game came out, there's no way, they thought it was a good idea and the feedback they got from beta and the community proved otherwise. You can't completely rehaul a game this massive that's been in production for god knows how many years, which is why myself (and others) are fine with the game as it is now and can look forward to it getting "fixed" in the future.

inb4igetcalledablizzardfanboy
^this
dvorak_old
I'm enjoying, but just want to say for blizzard. Custom map and chat system....?

60$ ? really cheap. I will play this game at least 60h / month, so 1h = 1$ , and it will be divided by .
Topic Starter
Ph0X
@MegaManEXE: That IS my point. People have been complaining about these stuff forever, but Blizzard didn't not listen to them at all, and to me, that's like them disrespecting their customers, and I refuse to pay such a company.

Pretty much to half my stuff, you either said that "it sucks but that'st he way it is" or "it's planned in the future". Things like Chat or /f or cross-realm take no effort to implement. And don't forget how big Blizzard is. You know how much money they make? there's over 10million WoW players paying 15$ per month. Do the calculations. Problem is, 99% of that is going into Kotick's pocket, instead of going into their next game and providing a QUALITY SERVICE to you fanboys.

Just adding something on the server picking issues. How do you address stuff like "dota -arem" or other server name information?
Of course, in the beta there was also the problem of new versions of maps having hard time making it up the popularity chart, not sure if that got fixed. But overall, it gives power to popular maps and leaves the less known people gayed on the bottom. It's pretty much hierarchy of a society, but in a game.

Last thing. Like you said, no one gives a shit about the campaign, the games still not balanced according to some people, and there's all this stuff that "will hopefully be added in the future". So for a second, just forget about all the custom maps, and just imagine the BASE game that you get, with all those missing features, and try imagining how much THAT is worth. Because THAT's what blizzard gave you, and to me, it's worth less than 40 or even 30.
show more