forum

Konuko - Toumei Elegy

posted
Total Posts
show more
Intelli
Why is this not ranked ffs literally everyone likes this map and wants it ranked.
FreshMint

IntelliTroodon wrote:

Why is this not ranked ffs literally everyone likes this map and wants it ranked.
That's not how this works.
That's not how any of this works.
Synpoo
a great april fools joke would be to rank this map :^)
Phantazma
If this ever gets ranked, i actually hope the comments on the replays gets refreshed...

Edit: Oh hey, first post \o/
_tasty
Durr..
Topic Starter
Awaken

Lust wrote:

Howdy Awaken, after many testplays and discussion, we have reached a consensus that this map must be disqualified over the following reasons:

[Second Gonkanau]
  1. According to many, the AR is just too low for the patterns you implemented. AR9.7 or even AR10 would make the play a lot smoother and inevitably solve issues on some patterns that were awkward yep
  2. 02:14:220 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - After internal discussion and various testplays, we have come to the conclusion that this section has not been lowered in difficulty the way we were hoping. Lowering the spacing is still recommended. Also, we believe that the patterns can be made a lot more intuitive. 02:17:493(1,2,3,4,1,2,1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - focuses too heavily on the right side of the screen. More movement around the playfield will allow for a more enjoyable pattern. I.. I don't think difficulty is a problem, for now.
  3. 01:56:220 (7,2) - This overlap (as mentioned by jesus1412 and pointed out in various testplays) has been known to cause readability issues. Please try to avoid this. done
In addition to these points, across the testplays we have received we have gotten feedback that should be considered and addressed appropriately:
  1. 00:10:402 (3,4,5,6) - The back and forth down and up motion is a bit too fast and awkward for the play. Suggestions have said that unstacking 00:10:811 (6) - and moving it to another location would be pretty beneficial yep
  2. 00:18:039 (1,2,3,4) - Same issue as above, players have said moving 00:18:448 (4) - to another location for a more oval flow works a lot better
  3. 00:53:493 (1,2,3,1) - The slider movement is quite fast and also flows downward to 00:54:039 (1) - and back up to 00:53:902 (3) - . The confusion stems from moving to 00:53:902 (3) - and then down to 00:54:039 (1) - , which can be hard to read with the AR
  4. 01:50:766 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Another pattern that can benefit from an oval flowing triangle, the change in directions seems to cause some issues. Here is an example that works rather well: http://puu.sh/ggXZH/a5fc78f88e.jpg
  5. 02:04:130 (1,2,3,4,5) - You have a pattern flowing in one direction, then changes rather abruptly from 02:04:675 (5,6) - . This, followed by 02:04:948 (1) - coming downwards made the whole play either confusing or weird to handle appropriately. A more clear, smooth flowing pattern going around would be more beneficial for the play you wish to create here
  6. 02:09:857 (1,2,3,4) - The angle to the triplet plays out strangely, a less harsh angle of approach would be preferred
The BNG will handle this mapset from now on. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me and good luck with requalification!
All your words has almost been remapped, hope it can be better.

Thanks to all guys and your advice! Though I'm a bit lazy to reply :?
dornrjqnrdl
second gonkanau deleted :(
Sognux
Did you remap the 7 star difficulty or did you just rename it?
-Deity-
Maruku
I think Awaken should upload Second Gonkanau separately, letting the rest of the difficulties get ranked while he still works on it.
DeletedUser_3641262
O dear
OmegaR
If anyone wants them, here are all the versions of Second Gonkanau (ranked v1, ranked v2, final version before deletion)

http://puu.sh/h6CrS/60850144a3.rar
talutocxu
why you change the name diff ? :(
bobbybobsenpwned
I'm so happy about the changes to the hardest diff (now the Hoping Nothing diff). Those awkward streams were just ruining the map for me before
[Hello Goodbye]
I want this to be ranked again :(
Chocolat

Maruku wrote:

I think Awaken should upload Second Gonkanau separately, letting the rest of the difficulties get ranked while he still works on it.
Second Gonkanau is removed and is/will be replaced by Hoping Nothing
GrimGrim8
gg for this map i love it
Distant years
+1 for what Horo said

who cares if there's this one particular map that's really hard at first? I don't remember anyone FCing or even passing Freedom Dive as soon as it was ranked.

Honestly none of the QAT can't even enjoy the map because they can't play it properly and keep making it worse with mods and more mods. Map was so good when rrytui fcd it
Deppyforce
Why Hoping Nothing??

I expecting Third Gonkanau lol
Nathan
Where is Awaken!? D:
Jatie
Just put back Second Gonkanau and make it like AR9.8 or something. Ranking a map has changed since the last time this map was ranked, because now BATs and QATs are more open to ranking harder maps. I mean, if Time Freeze got ranked, I don't think it's the difficulty holding this map back.
[ Asuna ]
Well i just have to say this map need 2 get fixed there is alot of unreasonable beats and streams
Gear

[ Asuna ] wrote:

Well i just have to say this map need 2 get fixed there is alot of unreasonable beats and streams
Well, if you could point out some examples of what you think are unreasonable that'll probably help.
[ Asuna ]

Valgas wrote:

[ Asuna ] wrote:

Well, if you could point out some examples of what you think are unreasonable that'll probably help.
i dont have editing experience or any of that was just giving out opinion thats all.

i really want this 2 get rank though
Cubzy
I miss this map ;w;
Xilver15
-Atri-
Revive plz
Nathan
Awaken is ded
;~;
Rizia
plz ;w;
[-Waza-]
NICE map >:o
Bara-
Awaken, please awake and re-re-qualify thos
Henri
Im so sad ;_; this is best map
alecA
Awaken come back please! We love this map!
DeletedUser_3641262
fk
Jeder
Awaken! WAKE UP!
Henri
The glorious mapping community did it again :D
Well atleast we have Yes we cant ranked soon 8)
Jatie
This needs to be revived in the same way that yes we cant - wh was if Awaken will continue to be afk
- Frontier -
Awaken. I miss this map...
...when you get qualified
...I will remember it
...Please, I want to see it qualified again..
...Please, Awaken..
...Please requalified it :(
Ruruchi
神图望再次rank :)
加油!
iyw
I sugoiiii!!!
Why it doesn't Rank map even thought It's amazing very much
show more