forum

[invalid] Try osu!supporter

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
CrushyGreenRen
This is supposed to be in the website.

Hi! This is my 1st request.

How should it look like?
This is how it will look like: Try osu!supporter
How it will work?
When clicked, it asks you to really try it. The dialog says: Do you really want to try? There are two options: Yes or No. Yes will let you try and No will cancel it.
What is the limits?
  • Actual Trying Limit: 5 minutes
  • Trying Submissions: 3

Actual Trying Limit = the limit of trying.
Trying Submission = Let's say you have 3 TS (Trying Submissions). You tried it 1 times. You have 2 TS left. When reached to zero, you may not try it again.

Chat marker: Purple

For example, I'm a trier of osu!supporter. I said in chat, I'm a trier of osu!supporter. This will look like in actual chat:
RdManebog: I'm a trier of osu!supporter.
Reason for this: The 5,000,000th user spam on #osu.

When you try one, you will not experience the name change, even country/mods/friend rankings.
OsuMe65
I see no reason for this one. = v=
Topic Starter
CrushyGreenRen

OsuMe65 wrote:

I see no reason for this one. = v=
Lemme edit.
autofanboy
So what is the use of this?

And how come people can keep trying it for like 10 times?
If it was implemented, I think the maximum trial should be 1 or 2 tries.

10 times is just too much.

Moreover, the tab 'How will this works' is just useless... You didn't explain what effect can be made through this trial-thing. You should add more details.
Topic Starter
CrushyGreenRen

alienflybot wrote:

So what is the use of this?

And how come people can keep trying it for like 10 times?
If it was implemented, I think the maximum trial should be 1 or 2 tries.

10 times is just too much.

Moreover, the tab 'How will this works' is just useless... You didn't explain what effect can be made through this trial-thing. You should add more details.
Sure, I'll edit more.
smoogipoo
A few features would have to be removed for this to happen, such as name change. But come on, supporter is $4 and you get *one month* for it - I don't think that's a deal breaker. I don't think there's a very strong reason for this to happen other than "I want free supporter".
Besides, "supporter" implies you've done something for osu!, not clicked two buttons and magically appeared with supporter status.

Regarding the spam issue - it was only temporary and happens very very rarely to that degree (and even rarer with supporter as context).
Topic Starter
CrushyGreenRen
Topic Starter
CrushyGreenRen

smoogipooo wrote:

A few features would have to be removed for this to happen, such as name change. But come on, supporter is $4 and you get *one month* for it - I don't think that's a deal breaker. I don't think there's a very strong reason for this to happen other than "I want free supporter".
Besides, "supporter" implies you've done something for osu!, not clicked two buttons and magically appeared with supporter status.

Regarding the spam issue - it was only temporary and happens very very rarely to that degree (and even rarer with supporter as context).
I forgot some text. Let me edit,
Melt3dCheeze
Why are you trying to Mooch the Moocher? It's a free to play game afterall.
Topic Starter
CrushyGreenRen

Melt3dCheeze wrote:

Not just free. Half free. There's an supporter feature to buy duh
Melt3dCheeze

RdManebog wrote:

How is it half free? You don't get superb game performance enhancement drugs like steroids just being a supporter.
Also

RdManebog wrote:

There's an supporter

If you want a formal request, please use formal language.
Topic Starter
CrushyGreenRen
idc
buny
this idea is really dumb.
a better idea is to allow a trial for osu!direct, but it will probably never be approved.
Vulpix_old_1

RdManebog wrote:

Melt3dCheeze wrote:

Implying that you HAVE to buy ingame additions for a FTP game.
Topic Starter
CrushyGreenRen
I still care when denied. When not approve, I care.
Vulpix_old_1

RdManebog wrote:

I still care when denied. When not approve, I care.
I can tell you're not fluent in English, but could you try rephrasing that please?
smoogipoo
Before I mark this thread as invalid I will explain why. But first, let me state that there is no way you can edit this post to make it not sound like a cry for "I want free supporter!"

RdManebog wrote:

osu! is completely free, with the option to donate. As any good donation system does, you get a few niceties however none of these niceties otherwise hinder your experience with osu!. Donation does not give you extra access to DLC or anything like that.

You have not addressed the primary reason for my concern: your reason behind this request. As I mentioned in my previous post, the spam in #osu was/is irrelevant to this issue.
You also haven't addressed the fact that you aren't 'supporting' osu! by clicking two buttons and gaining a free supporter status. That is also a nice addition people get with their status - the ability to proudly proclaim they've supported osu! and the team behind all the work.

It's not about money, it's about fun. You don't have to donate; you don't need supporter to play the game, but that option is there to make your experience just a little bit nicer. Keep in mind, you wouldn't get all the nice features if this were added anyway - userpage, renaming, feature request votes, extra beatmap submission slots, and possibly more would all have to be removed. Where's the fun in that?

I think I can safely mark this as invalid.
KinkiN
I don't see any point in this

we don't need any trial for osu!supporter. as smoogi said, supporter shows that you already donate to osu!, and you get something in return

Fundamentally it's different, your concept and osu!supporter concept. osu!supporter is not an application, it does not need any trials

EDIT : dammit already marked as invalid D:
Topic Starter
CrushyGreenRen
Hmm.. I see this is dumb. SOMEBODY CLOSE DIS
vincaslt
Why? I see potential abuse, but no real benefit :/
Bara-
Please don't bump old INVALID threads, especially when you don't want them
Plz lock