forum

I'm terrible with spinners

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
scottydabody
I've always been bad with spinners and I'm a tablet user. Whenever I spin my hand it will go counterclockwise and then go clockwise for no reason. I'm looking for ways to improve my speed and accuracy on my spins. If you guys could help me out and give me some advice that would help that would be great.
winber1
make circles,

when you're bored in class, draw circles.

when you are taking a test, draw circles (aka zeros)

when you are drunk or high, draw circles.
cheezstik
I span extremely slow for the longest time ever (250-300) and still spin pretty slow (350 avg now) but what made me improve was simply playing more and not caring about spinners. As long as you don't get a 100 or worse on a spinner then it's fine.

Always prioritize technique and form over speed, even if you spin a little slower, make sure you are spinning the same size circle every time, and try to make it pretty small. Over time you will get faster, but just keep in mind spin speed really isn't important. There is rarely a case where you even need to spin 300+, bonus points only really matter for multiplayer or trying to get on top 50 leaderboards of easier songs.
chainpullz
Play hardrock and you will naturally learn to spin 400+rpm as you cling to that last scrap of life you have leftover from some combination of bad accuracy, slider breaks, and misses as you watch your healthbar still creep towards 0.
Bauxe

chainpullz wrote:

Play hardrock and you will naturally learn to spin 400+bpm as you cling to that last scrap of life you have leftover from some combination of bad accuracy, slider breaks, and misses as you watch your healthbar still creep towards 0.
RPM. You don't spin BPM.

I can only spin like 300 on a good day. It is good enough.
chainpullz

Bauxe wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

Play hardrock and you will naturally learn to spin 400+bpm as you cling to that last scrap of life you have leftover from some combination of bad accuracy, slider breaks, and misses as you watch your healthbar still creep towards 0.
RPM. You don't spin BPM.

I can only spin like 300 on a good day. It is good enough.
Fixed. I'm kind of half asleep at the moment and trolling the forums over one last time before i take a nap. >_<
nrl

chainpullz wrote:

Play hardrock and you will naturally learn to spin 400+rpm as you cling to that last scrap of life you have leftover from some combination of bad accuracy, slider breaks, and misses as you watch your healthbar still creep towards 0.
This is unfortunately not the case.
B1rd
can't spin? you will never be good at the game.
Mofu kun
PRACTICE
nrl

B1rd wrote:

can't spin? you will never be good at the game.
This is unfortunately not the case.
Noobsicle
use your arm
dung eater
Spin more, try spinning in some spin only maps. Don't accept lousy spins where you derp around, git gud. I've gotten a lot worse at spinning after I stopped trying hard, usually around 300 average these days.
Gumpy

MoF10 wrote:

PRACTICE
Just follow this simple word.
cyfra_old
Vuelo Eluko
spins dont matter
chainpullz
Yeah, if you don't suck with HR you'll never be in the position where you are spinning for your life. On the flip side, you can just fail songs on spinners spinning 300rpm until you are good enough that spinning 300rpm no long fails you.
koromo

chainpullz wrote:

Yeah, if you don't suck with HR you'll never be in the position where you are spinning for your life.
Yes you will. There are several maps where you actually have to spin for your life. One recent example here, though maps like this are quite rare, they do exist.
nrl
koromo is correct.
xGx

GoldenWolf

koromo wrote:

One recent example here
spinner30 strikes again
chainpullz
Spinner30 maps aren't maps... jk ughh >_<
YamiHikari
Imo you should practise with your tablet circles until you are comfortable and you have no problem with your hand anymore, and then push up your speed limit as you practise more on maps with spinners. Thats what i did to improve my spinning anyway, my spinning was shit.. (and still is, but it's improved consiserably well)
B1rd
best way to get good at spinners= trying hard at every spinner. I used to only be able to spin 300, now on a good day I can spin 370-380. Only downside is my hand is now in pain.
Vuelo Eluko

chainpullz wrote:

Spinner30 maps aren't maps... jk ughh >_<
fixed
byfar
make sure your tablet pen grip is comfortable and your fingers aren't too high or too low on the pen first. Then spin as fast as you can as you would draw circles with a pencil. Or just start with a pencil first and practice spinning before on the tablet. Start spinning small circles and slowly grow in size. I think you just need t get used to the spin speed (I don't see how else you can spin counter then suddenly go clockwise)

Also don't hover on spinners.

Also make sure you hands are relaxed