forum

Unofficial Osu! Olympics! DEAD Stage

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Weez
SPOILER
OK this is just an idea. If lots of people are on board with this then it might happen.

Anyways my idea is to have a huge osu Olympics tournament. With all three (3) modes (Standard Osu, Taiko, and Catch the Beat). At first everyone that wants to join will join for the mode they want. Then a huge elimination round will take place with only like 64 or more players or less (depending on sign ups) and after that I'll work something out.

Also players will rep their countries and have some fun ^_^

Well this is just a start and if people have any suggestions or anything let me know via here or PM.

DEAD!!!!!
Derekku
Things like this have been suggested before, but it's hard enough trying to setup a small tournament. Good luck, though, if you really want to try.
Topic Starter
Weez
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
nintendoto
I'll join Taiko once it gets set up! :D
second_wave
I join :3
Cyclone

weezy47 wrote:

and after that I'll work something out.
Just a friendly suggestion. I HIGHLY recommend you have a plan BEFORE starting anything like this.
Shohei Ohtani
So who's going to represent Jersey?
Topic Starter
Weez

Cyclone wrote:

weezy47 wrote:

and after that I'll work something out.
Just a friendly suggestion. I HIGHLY recommend you have a plan BEFORE starting anything like this.
This is why I have this here
this ain't a sign up but it's something to help me work a plan out
Zekira

weezy47 wrote:

this ain't a sign up but it's something to help me work a plan out
Then this seems to be the wrong place to work it out? IDK. This forum kinda merits only for already-organized tournaments I think?
melonlord
i'll join~ :)
James2250

cherryz99 wrote:

i'll join~ :)
. . . . .
Roddie

James2250 wrote:

. . . . .
GladiOol
I'll join :D
Topic Starter
Weez
WOW I totally forgot about this o_o
now lets see If I can bring it back to life...

This is what I have in mind:
It will be a either a basic knock-out rounds, OR group matches (4 groups of 4) so its a 1 on 1 game (much like the world cup, if you don't know about, shame! go and wikipedia that!)
There will be 16 players for each group and everyone represents their country. Whoever becomes first can say, "_____ is the best in (osu! standard/CtB/Taiko)

Also I was thinking on adding a 4th one and thats creating a beatmap. Player with the highest rating would win (of course I would get others to guide that)
GladiOol
omg bad idea I'm out!
Topic Starter
Weez

GladiOol wrote:

omg bad idea I'm out!
ok what do you suggest
Mara
16 finns?

NOPE.AVI
Topic Starter
Weez
OKAY
Time to being this back from the grave and show it some light! Just in time for the holiday break.

Now this must stay alive and to help me with that Zelos :D

STILL OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS ALSO IF YOU WANT A PART IN PLANNING THIS OUT LET ME KNOW
Instead of just saying no, suggest something!
OzzyOzrock
I REPRESENT U.S.A. TAIKO.

Called it.
SilentWings_old
Ya I think I can predict the winner for osu! already (given he joins).
Vish024
If this idea goes ahead, we should have a qualification round in which all players in a country and under a specific rank can contest. Everyone from each nation should be notified before the tournament of course so as they have sufficient time to achieve an adequate rank to contest in the qualifiers. The ones who survive this will continue on to the actual tournament representing their countries (more than 1 representative from each country of course, in fact preferably hundreds). This will narrow it down although it could be slliiiiiightly challenging to work out how to narrow down the contestants from the nations with larger populations (China, Japan, USA etc.).
superstar708
i join CTB

It worth a try ;)
Foster Don
I want to start playing by taiko :D
Senyo
CtB Rep`ing South China
laport

GladiOol wrote:

omg bad idea I'm out!
Topic Starter
Weez
Alright since something world related is going on for standard osu. How about starting one for CtB/Taiko. Maybe standard for the ones that want to join.
Zelos

Weezy wrote:

WOW I totally forgot about this o_o
now lets see If I can bring it back to life...

This is what I have in mind:
It will be a either a basic knock-out rounds, OR group matches (4 groups of 4) so its a 1 on 1 game (much like the world cup, if you don't know about, shame! go and wikipedia that!)
There will be 16 players for each group and everyone represents their country. Whoever becomes first can say, "_____ is the best in (osu! standard/CtB/Taiko) You need to elaborate a little more.

Also I was thinking on adding a 4th one and thats creating a beatmap. Player with the highest rating would win (of course I would get others to guide that)WHAT OH GOD. you got to take into account of them actually getting ranked.
DerekMcD
That sounds interesting and fun, but I would like to join in. But can I?^^
Stefan
:O
Neruell

TheNutritiousGuy wrote:

:O
bump ftw
Topic Starter
Weez
bump not needed sooo stop it!>_>
There is already a ctb tourney in motion and when thats finished, maybe a month or 2 later I'll start planning my tounrey again (2vs2)
Neruell

Weezy wrote:

bump not needed sooo stop it!>_>
There is already a ctb tourney in motion and when thats finished, maybe a month or 2 later I'll start planning my tounrey again (2vs2)
lol then don't bump it again. xD
-Ryosuke
i'll join, for fun~
F m L_old

Neruell wrote:

lol then don't bump it again. xD

Neruell wrote:

don't bump it again

Neruell wrote:

don't bump
Kyonko Hizara
I knew the Osu!lympics would happen
hoozimajiget
Make it an osu triathlon:

-accommodate various team sizes (1v1, 2v2 etc...) have 1 admin for each team size bracket and a global overseer for the whole thing

-teams would do best of 1/2/3/5 in each of catch the beat, taiko and standard in each round based on how you want the tournament set up

-would need a few notable persons from each proficiency to pick maps

-point of the triathlon is to test the capability in each game mode so no crying over difficulty allowed if you get wiped in taiko+ standard and own in ctb or if any map is too hard, too easy (the stuff that has at least happened in both OWC =_=). It should be meant to show the overall skill.
higurush
My Idea:

- Select 3 Leader for each part of the tourney. [ Osu; CTB; Taiko ]

- New Thread for each part.

- Set a Joining Deadline and Member Limit, eg (only 64 players can join).

- How to join: ( I want to take part; I am from this country [ Something ]; TimeZone: GMT+[ x ] )

- Randomize people connected to which time zone they are in, eg. that would be a big trouble if a GMT+1 should play with a GMT+12 player..

- Organize multiplayer matches, set times when they should play.

- Get to the end of the tourney.
Neruell
Vote for osu! PARALYMPICS!!!

- People with no hands

- People with no brain

- Endless suggestions
Oswald
Lol Neruell, just lol
show more