confirmed new champion this year
B1rd
Japan vs Korea so intense
[-Cloud-]
Can't wait for JP vs Poland.
Rikashet
Me 2
Cyclohexane
That's the first time in OWC history that South Korea won't make the final 3.
1 third place, 3 victories.
Germany has never made the final 3.
Poland have 1 third place which they took last year.
Japan have never won the OWC, but they were second twice, each time losing to South Korea.

I seriously have no idea how the rest of this will go. What I do know is that not being able to commentate is killing me, and that I will definitely be there for the grand finals next week.
KRZY

Mr Color wrote:

What I do know is that not being able to commentate is killing me
Apparently it's killing the viewers too
AmaiHachimitsu
May I know what was wrong with the commentary? I didn' watch anything.
xAsylum
Nothing is wrong with commentators I watch everything. Just players are facking undecided as fack once they say commentators shouldn't talk to much cuz it bothers them and their watching experince and then they just tell commentators to stop talking cuz they want to hear the song, then some time later they blame commentators for not commenting to much and not good enough...
deadbeat
we had no ztrot or color. that's what was wrong :p
Topic Starter
Loctav
Sometimes I believe you just complain about this because you have nothing else to complain about.
AmaiHachimitsu

deadbeat wrote:

we had no ztrot or color. that's what was wrong :p

So that was probably the best-commentated match so far.

If it was e.g. Raiku and Jesse then I can't imagine them being destructive. I actually love when people who know something about the game commentate a match.

Raiku knows what device each player is using, what are his strong points, what is actually hard on a given map. Sorry but I regard ztrot being mostly a fill-the-hole. He is a native speaker so he won't budge as to say something, but doesn't change the fact that his knowledge is limited.
Makan1
that jp vs kr tie breaker....
zyvik
Can you change streaming site, or get partnership with Twitch? Watching stream is terrible expirience (sometimes its 2 sec of stream, 10s of lag).
Lucidity

zyvik wrote:

Can you change streaming site, or get partnership with Twitch? Watching stream is terrible expirience (sometimes its 2 sec of stream, 10s of lag).
I have the same issue.

The problem is that there are no video quality options a lot of the time. Currently in Ger vs Pol there is only Source available. In some countries terrible things such as internet bandwidth caps exist, which means watching the osu stream can be very costly.

Could the streamers not make an attempt at having multiple quality options available?
[-Cloud-]
ztrot sounds somwhat staged, or is it just me?
Darksonic
Germany 3:6 Poland

https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/10966299

Cool game as expected, and results were a bit expected as well, nice job Poland!
Jetzu
GG to both teams, great game :)

Little question - will there be a new mappool for the grand final?

EDIT: btw. Amai with the disrespect on Neu, had the highest score and decided to fail to humiliate his opponent 8-)
Te Amo
Im pretty confused, so as Germany v Poland 1st place match or is it tomorrow?
[-Cloud-]
JP plays against Germany tomorrow and the winner is going to play against Poland again.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Bass
Holorin
WWWLand for now ....
Germany pls survive against Japan tomorrow :?
D e s
I hope there is new mappool for the Grand Final next week
fartownik

D e s wrote:

Ethelon
I have a question.

Why was the loser bracket semi-finals and loser bracket final considered "the finals?" My understanding is that there's only one final and everything else can be described as <winners bracket/loser's bracket><quarters/semis/final> so as to not be misleading.
fartownik
Yeah, it should've been named like that. Probably a cheap gimmick to gain viewership. Not worth it.

Also, I've updated the statistics for Poland (bottom of the page).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =267419612

AmaiHachimitsu is the absolute MVP of this match, FCing 2 maps, gathering 5 crucial plays + 2 crucial freemod plays.
kuur0

D e s wrote:

I don't think there is. I already clarified it again on the mappool discussion thread with loctav and it seems we are having the same mappool for the gf as well. (refer to mappool discussion for more detail, I guess)
Jetzu

Kii- wrote:

D e s wrote:

I don't think there is. I already clarified it again on the mappool discussion thread with loctav and it seems we are having the same mappool for the gf as well.
That's like super dumb.

Japan could possibly play the same map pool 5 times (against USA, Korea, Germany and Poland twice in grand finals)...
KRZY
Poland and Germany heavily underperformed didn't they

Japan/Korea would have beaten them easy...better bring your A game next week Europe
AmaiHachimitsu

KRZY wrote:

Japan/Korea would have beaten them easy...better bring your A game next week Europe

Korea wouldn't, that's one thing. forget that, you actually would

farto underperformed due to some problems with tablet.

WWW arrived shortly before the match started and had little time for a warm up.

If everything works well next time, we shouldn't be an easy prey.
Dostedt
Go Poland!
AmaiHachimitsu
I don't really want to belittle ztrot's commentating skills (again), but his knowledge about the game, maps, players is scarce (as we could see in our match). I'd love some expert to accompany him. Raiku or Jesse would be my picks.

Just please do this, ztrot is good at releasing the tension between the audience and the commentators, but we need someone who knows what is going on.
kuur0

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

I don't really want to belittle ztrot's commentating skills (again), but his knowledge about the game, maps, players is scarce (as we could see in our match). I'd love some expert to accompany him. Raiku or Jesse would be my picks.

Just please do this, ztrot is good at releasing the tension between the audience and the commentators, but we need someone who knows what is going on.
Yup. ztrot is kinda like the shoutcaster, responsible for hyping and general stuffs but not necessary too game related commentary while raiku or jesse or some other commentator takes care of the more in depth analysis. I think that would be ideal.
B1rd
Ztrot was funny trying to pronounce Amai's name, sounded like he was trying to do a kamehameha :) (but seriously Ztrot, Japanese is like one of the most phonetic languages)

There did seem to be a lot of breaks and fails in the finals. I am hoping for ruruchi and Japan to blitz though and win the tournament~
xAsylum

KRZY wrote:

Maybe they underperformed today because of some problems like Amai said, but still KRZY you had your chance already with your team against Poland but you failed so :)
buny
rip america

sadest day 12/6/14 :(
KRZY

xAsylum wrote:

KRZY wrote:

Maybe they underperformed today because of some problems like Amai said, but still KRZY you had your chance already with your team against Poland but you failed so :)
All true, don't get me wrong, Poland and Germany deserved to be there. Was just trying to point out that both teams really should have produced better scores than they did on that winner's bracket final, and Amai sorta explained why they underperformed lol
AmaiHachimitsu
We are fucked
Rikashet
RIP GERMANY
[-Cloud-]

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

We are fucked
Yes, you are.
Holorin

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

We are fucked
Seeing Rttyui this consistent, yeah u guys should be worried ;)
RIP Tommany. U will be avenged (or not) by WWWLand
show more