posted
Total Posts
show more
Pacemaker
*Sterrum gets the best score of the round*

"WWW HYPE CARRY SO PRO OMGGGGGG"
Tom94

Jetzu wrote:

Tom94 with his 3rd best performance live, on stream, in a semi-final tiebreaker :O

I never attempted in any way to gain pp on this account, so it's a given that it increases with random plays where I actually try hard. :P
Morurc

Pacemaker wrote:

*Sterrum gets the best score of the round*

"WWW HYPE CARRY SO PRO OMGGGGGG"
Alas, that's just the way it goes I guess. Especially in an environment like Twitch chat..
Cherry Blossom
Just because this map is overrated and you can earn a lot of PP.
6 stars please, what a joke x)
Andrea
Results
South Korea 6-5 Taiwan
Japan 6-4 Netherlands
Germany 6-5 Austria
United States 0-6 Poland

Great matches today, really.
Xayne
I feel slightly less free today.
rzkadi
wtf is this poland 2 stronk, all of the players did a really good job almost on every maps
Bass
talalea
I think OWC 2nd and 3rd place players should get badge too

OWC's second and third place players should get badge too, It's always 1st place players who gets the badge on their user page. And the 2nd and 3rd players doesn't get anything except few support months

But people will forget who placed in 2nd or 3rd place as time goes because there's nothing that shows who got which place stuff. Like the first and second OWC.
We know Taiwan won first OWC and Korea Second. But anybody know which country got 3rd place? Some poeple might know but not many people really know about 2nd and 3rd place countries. Plus, there's no wiki for first and second OWC.

And it's too sad that they achieved 2nd 3rd place so hard and only few people will remember them, and eventually, forget 2nd, 3rd players.
So they should be rewarded badges too, for their hard work and effort-making it to 2nd and 3rd place. Like Olympic. You know, they have gold medal, silver medal, and bronze medal for each 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place. So if tournament staff make 2nd place and 3rd place badge, it will surely look good on them, and they will be somewhat satisfied that they can actually get something from becoming 2nd and 3rd place, and they got something people can see and remember. They should be praised too.
Te Amo
I mean I knew we werent going to win... But I really had hope deep down inside, and losing like this, 6-0 has made me extremely depressed. I pity those that go against Poland, they're absolutely monsters, dominating over everyone and everything. GGWP
jK, Usa lost on purpose, didn't want to make every Poland fanboy cry.
AmaiHachimitsu

talalea wrote:

I think OWC 2nd and 3rd place players should get badge too

OWC's second and third place players should get badge too, It's always 1st place players who gets the badge on their user page. And the 2nd and 3rd players doesn't get anything except few support months

But people will forget who placed in 2nd or 3rd place as time goes because there's nothing that shows who got which place stuff. Like the first and second OWC.
We know Taiwan won first OWC and Korea Second. But anybody know which country got 3rd place? Some poeple might know but not many people really know about 2nd and 3rd place countries. Plus, there's no wiki for first and second OWC.

And it's too sad that they achieved 2nd 3rd place so hard and only few people will remember them, and eventually, forget 2nd, 3rd players.
So they should be rewarded badges too, for their hard work and effort-making it to 2nd and 3rd place. Like Olympic. You know, they have gold medal, silver medal, and bronze medal for each 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place. So if tournament staff make 2nd place and 3rd place badge, it will surely look good on them, and they will be somewhat satisfied that they can actually get something from becoming 2nd and 3rd place, and they got something people can see and remember. They should be praised too.

I've been arguing on this topic last year, too.

But well, it's not that this tournament is made for players
sables

Bass wrote:

pls
>mfw
Friek555
Damn I wanna see Austria vs Germany
Someone please tell me you recorded it. Pretty please.
I think there should be an osu! world cup YouTube channel
Morurc

Friek555 wrote:

All Twitch live streams are recorded as vods, as far as I know. :D
Tshemmp

Friek555 wrote:

http://www.twitch.tv/osulive/b/594341854
Topic Starter
Loctav
Schedule is out (mother of god)
KRZY
>potential US vs Korea match

This probably was a killer to schedule huh
Te Amo
Korea is ezpz
Cola
As this year's OWC is nearly done i would want to give some feedback from how i have expierienced this tournament as a viewer and what i think was done good/bad and what other options there are to improve it for next year.

Good Stuff: I'm kinda happy that some of the points that have been discussed have been adressed this year. Fake misses were nearly eliminated. Twitch chat rules have gotten a lot more reasonable. Players were handled more respectfully after a certain incident. Commentators seem to have gotten quite a bit better since the start of the tournament. Mapsets were chosen really carefully, and were really good, maybe with the exception of group stages being too easy. Loser's bracket was introduced making it less possible on some random DC to effect to whole tournament really harshly.

What i think could still be changed:

DC's: How about, since OWC is handled on a different server anyways, as i understood it, if a player disconnects, his play wont be aborted and his score will be counted toward the multi-lobby after he finishes his map, no matter if he stayed connected the entire song? Idk how possible this is, but it would get rid of this issue entirely and no unfair wins would occur.

Twitch chat: While the moderation has gone down a lot, maybe let us say those pesky banned words, theres no real reason not to imo. At least put the chat rules somewhere in the streamdecription :D

Schedule: While i understand that 1 Hour seems like a good time interval for matches, it might be too tight to make it comfortably. The other match probably has not ended by then, so players had been pressured for it to hurry up while making their choices. Making it 1.5 Hours or even 2 until the next match starts would get rid of this and this should easily be doable after group stages.

Stream Quality: Maybe you could try applying for a sub button on twitch, so quality options are permanently unlocked? Also make sure the internet connection you are hosting the stream from is stable and strong enough, which sometimes didn't seem that way (i noticed frame drops and such, that were not related with twitch or my own internet connection).

Commentators: Be more courageous to talk! Come on, people just want to hear a voice that is confident in talking, not a shaky voice from someone who is uncertain :D I know you guys can do it, some of you run their own streams and do it well there aswell. So don't be shy or so. Long pauses are just akward for everyone involved. I think you also gotten better at this throughout the tournament as stated earlier.

Stream description: The info below the stream is as minimalistic as it gets. Put some more useful info into it.

Alright im done, take from it what you want and at least give it a thought ;D
Cyclohexane

Loctav wrote:

>JP vs US
>7am my time

[sleep deprivation intensifies]
cptnXn

Mr Color wrote:

NL still the only european team to make the OWC finals :p
not anymore, we just don't know yet if its Tommany or WWWLand
Synchrostar

cptnXn wrote:

Mr Color wrote:

NL still the only european team to make the OWC finals :p
not anymore, we just don't know yet if its Tommany or WWWLand
shit, should've beaten you when we had the chance
manjumochi

Mr Color wrote:

Loctav wrote:

>JP vs US
>7am my time

[sleep deprivation intensifies]
At my time would be 4am...
TheLukay

Tshemmp wrote:

Friek555 wrote:

http://www.twitch.tv/osulive/b/594341854
I'll save this forever XD
Bauxe

TheLukay wrote:

I'll save this forever XD
Except that twitch save vods for like 2 weeks. You might want to download it.
Marcin

Cola wrote:

after group stages.

Stream Quality: Maybe you could try applying for a sub button on twitch, No, no, no, that imposes more ads than already are present, we are considering moving to another streaming service for next wc though.

so quality options are permanently unlocked? twitch were Di--...Douches, seriously,

Also make sure the internet connection you are hosting the stream from is stable and strong enough, it is hosted from connection that is at least 100 mb/s synchronous.

which sometimes didn't seem that way (i noticed frame drops and such, that were not related with Frame drops were happening in early stages (before semi-finals but after group stage.), yes, but other than that it was either twitch or your internet (betting on twitch, holy shit i can't watch my own streamed content

Stream description: The info below the stream is as minimalistic as it gets. Put some more useful info into it.none looks at it anyway q.q
Bauxe

Marcin wrote:

Cola wrote:

after group stages.

Stream Quality: Maybe you could try applying for a sub button on twitch, No, no, no, that imposes more ads than already are present, we are considering moving to another streaming service for next wc though.

so quality options are permanently unlocked? twitch were Di--...Douches, seriously,

Also make sure the internet connection you are hosting the stream from is stable and strong enough, it is hosted from connection that is at least 100 mb/s synchronous.

which sometimes didn't seem that way (i noticed frame drops and such, that were not related with Frame drops were happening in early stages (before semi-finals but after group stage.), yes, but other than that it was either twitch or your internet (betting on twitch, holy shit i can't watch my own streamed content

Stream description: The info below the stream is as minimalistic as it gets. Put some more useful info into it.none looks at it anyway q.q
Extra ads only roll if you choose to roll them. Which of course, would be completely unnecessary.

Also a lot of people look at the description.
KRZY
hitbox is the way to go
Vuelo Eluko

KRZY wrote:

hitbox is the way to go
dailymotion*
xasuma
Last 2 videos are impossible to download through twitch tools: http://puu.sh/dfX0W/cd5974504c.png
The next 2 videos are loading a 2:20 minute long video.

As I have been working to get all the OWC on youtube, this is major drawback.
Anyone who has the raw video files please contact me.
Bauxe

xasuma wrote:

Last 2 videos are impossible to download through twitch tools: http://puu.sh/dfX0W/cd5974504c.png
The next 2 videos are loading a 2:20 minute long video.

As I have been working to get all the OWC on youtube, this is major drawback.
Anyone who has the raw video files please contact me.

If you mean these ones:

Maus
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/pp/?c=NE&m=0
Niger will win. Give up Poland, Korea, Japan, Taiwan. Pls, you stand no chance
Yukiteru Amano

Maus wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/p/pp/?c=NE&m=0
Niger will win. Give up Poland, Korea, Japan, Taiwan. Pls, you stand no chance
Not even enough users to have a team xd
xasuma
what about these 2 videos?

anyone able to watch them/download them?
zyvik

xasuma wrote:

what about these 2 videos?

anyone able to watch them/download them?
Go to Twitch tools and use links:
http://www.twitch.tv/osulive/b/594261463 (3 hours)
http://www.twitch.tv/osulive/b/593886584 (4 hours)

It seems to work for me. (If you still have any problems with this I can download and upload it during weekend).
xasuma
Thank you very much. I have no idea why mine was forwarding the videos to a different url. But thanks to your links I ll be able to work with them now. thanks a lot :D
fartownik
So, I've taken some time and prepared some advanced statistics for Poland's performance during OWC.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Note that this is purely judgmental, counted manually map by map. There might be slight mistakes, but it's just for fun, though I always wanted the OWC official stats to look like this.

There's a better view of the scoreboards in another sheet at the bottom of the drive menu, you can sort the scoreboard by values there.

If you have any suggestions feel free to speak.
Tokiwadai
WWW MVP
AmaiHachimitsu
It took him 1 hour and is really well done and, what's the most important, it's interesting to read.

On the other hand, Marcin has done nothing.

Pick people who aren't "busy" next time, peppy. Actually those kinds of one-team focused stats could be done by a group of people, each for one/two teams.
nya10
I would agree with this.
It is less interesting that you can't see which map is banned during the tournament, except when you're in twitch (maybe, I never streaming at there lol).
And also at least something map statistics should have been done (not about little girl and stuff lol)
show more