forum

osu! World Cup 2014 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
gr0t
I really hope tomorrow matches will go smoothly.

Yauxo, I got tricked by starting screen. Then i checked colours ;) Thanks for quick response, though.

PS. I believe somone said, that players can easily be tracked and DDoS'd by their skype names.
Te Amo
The stream/tournament is disgusting overall. You can't tell whose the best of the best overall, which is what this tournament is about in the first place.
plaatinum
Gotta say huge props to Color for trying to commentate all this shit.
[-Cloud-]

Plaatinum wrote:

Gotta say huge props to Color for trying to commentate all this shit.
I would feel kinda awkward, when every screen appears black and it's silent for like 20 seconds. Like 4k people are watching nothing, while waiting that the game appears again lol.
Xayne
I haven't watched much today, but I will have to give credit to Peppy where it's due. As vocal as I have been about the negative side of things, I will say I did notice a significant decrease in the amount of fake combo breaks last week. There were a few, but not nearly as much as before. Kudos.
Sieg
ddos world cup
Xayne

Sieg wrote:

ddos world cup
More like "blame inconsistent connections on ddos world cup".
Marcin

Xayne wrote:

I haven't watched much today, but I will have to give credit to Peppysmoogipooo where it's due. As vocal as I have been about the negative side of things, I will say I did notice a significant decrease in the amount of fake combo breaks last week. There were a few, but not nearly as much as before. Kudos.
fixed for you.
el-ev-en
There was no reason to add loser's bracket for this cup. Loser's bracket must define winners more accurately (1st, 2nd, 3rd places). But nothing can to be defined accurately since permanently disconnectes ruin owc. There are too many random. This OWC can not be legit.

P.S. I guess, korean team is stronger, than russian team, but last match Russia-Korea is just dc roulette, nothing else. Random > skill difference.
Xayne

Marcin wrote:

Xayne wrote:

I haven't watched much today, but I will have to give credit to Peppysmoogipooo where it's due. As vocal as I have been about the negative side of things, I will say I did notice a significant decrease in the amount of fake combo breaks last week. There were a few, but not nearly as much as before. Kudos.
fixed for you.
While you're at it, can you fix my car window? It leaks when it rains and I cri evri teim. ;-;
uee

Xayne wrote:

I haven't watched much today, but I will have to give credit to Peppy where it's due. As vocal as I have been about the negative side of things, I will say I did notice a significant decrease in the amount of fake combo breaks last week. There were a few, but not nearly as much as before. Kudos.
There's been a few, but nowhere near as many as before. Good shit [insert dev here]!
[-Cloud-]
The fakemisses made it pretty exciting sometimes though.
xAsylum
Don't blame peppy for Bad player connections. Everyone knows russian network is shiet. And also they added one point for Russia which was supposed to be point for Korea, but oh well they just didn't checked the match mp link correctly and thought that Russian won that one beatmap...
silmarilen
wow
Te Amo

silmarilen wrote:

wow
Second best thing to happen IMO
Andrea
Results
Russia 5-6 South Korea
Japan 6-0 Ukraine
Sweden 3-6 Taiwan
Netherlands 6-0 China

Enjoy.
Morurc
6-0 Netherlands-China.

Fuck yeah boys!
Cygnus
can someone show me the mp link of korea and russia match?
silmarilen
nl is the only european country that went through in the loser bracket
deletemyaccount
That Russia vs South Korea game was.. wow.
Zare
nice, keep going nl

Kyshiro faito
Marcin
Russian Federation 	5	6	South Korea 	http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/10799208
Japan 6 0 Ukraine https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/10800808
Sweden 3 6 Taiwan https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/10801986
Netherlands 6 0 China https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/10803221
plaatinum
Teams left:

Americas: 1
Europe: 4 7
Asia: 3 4
Synchrostar
Rematch vs Japan tomorrow

it's going to be last year all over again
[ yogurt ]

Marcin wrote:

Netherlands 	6	0	China 	https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/10803221
Holy shit, that's super scary. Congrats Dutchies.

Makan1
tmrw will be exciting. wp to all
silmarilen

Synchrostar wrote:

Rematch vs Japan tomorrow

it's going to be last year all over again
revenge time you mean
Makan1
:D you think nl stands a chance. cute.
FlyingKiwi

Post Scriptum wrote:

There was no reason to add loser's bracket for this cup. Loser's bracket must define winners more accurately (1st, 2nd, 3rd places). But nothing can to be defined accurately since permanently disconnectes ruin owc. There are too many random. This OWC can not be legit.

P.S. I guess, korean team is stronger, than russian team, but last match Russia-Korea is just dc roulette, nothing else. Random > skill difference.
I know, that one definitely needed a rematch. I wish we could do this tournament in a stadium or something... :?
Friek555
Hey guys,
will anyone be recording the half-finals / finals and upload them to youtube?
Right now it's pretty impossible to watch the matches for peolple who can't be there live.
buny

Friek555 wrote:

Hey guys,
Right now it's pretty impossible to watch the matches for peolple who can't be there live.
they are saved for awhile on twitch
Bauxe

Friek555 wrote:

Hey guys,
It's not impossible at all...

http://www.twitch.tv/osulive/profile/past_broadcasts
B1rd
I wish we could get that OWC logo come up in on the menu screen everytime it is being streamed.
xAsylum
This Korea vs Taiwan game HOLY SHIT! What an amazing game! So freaking intense, Sayonara did amazing job getting FC, but I feel really sad for Small K cuz he slider breaked :(
KRZY
Hey guys I found out I just got listed on the thesaurus

I'm joking about the Polish team plz no hate ;_;
B1rd
who won Taiwan vs Korea?
[-Cloud-]
Korea with the Tiebreaker.
B1rd
if only they had Rucker...
[-Cloud-]

B1rd wrote:

if only they had Rucker hvick...
FTFY
Kert
Next time please don't let osu! client EVER SUDDENLY go back to main menu or whatever while playing a multiplayer match or waiting for results there
It could have been a better thing than triangles.
show more